• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I can't figure out a situation where getting Genjuro would be worth it.

Unless you already have an Assassin's Shroud, and that its late game and you already have all the other items you possibly could want...seems like a waste of an additional 3k gold.

That's like saying, any item over 6k, maybe even 5.5k gold isn't worth it. Sure, the HoN metagame has shifted towards 25-35 minute games (you might be able to finish Genjuro at 30-35 minutes), but hell, it's definitely worth it for some heroes the later the game gets.

You can literally, attack, hit for massive crit and slow the enemy; attack some more, then you have two options: A) Use Genjuro's second charge to attack and kill the guy or B) Use Genjuro's second charge to get out. While still easily countered in tryhard games, the stats, the slow, the charges, and the crit are sooooo good. Don't forget the movement speed too.

Kapura

Banned
Genjuro seems like a kind of hyper-niche item to get when you have gotten everything else you can. The only problem is I think shroud is kind of out right now; I hardly ever see it in HoN (although shadow blade seems pretty common inn Dota). Maybe this will change that, and hyper hit-and-run heroes like Arachna might make good use of it.

I can't figure out a situation where getting Genjuro would be worth it.

Unless you already have an Assassin's Shroud, and that its late game and you already have all the other items you possibly could want...seems like a waste of an additional 3k gold.

1. Build Shroud.
2. Use Dancing Blade for Genjuro.
3. Farm for the other pieces of Wingbow.
4. Take apart Genjuro for Shroud+Wingbow.

Hojaho

Opposite for me. I think dota2 is too slow. I still play both though, hon more frequently.

I have to agree with that, DotA 2 feels very slow. But the problem I mainly have is the feedback from what you do, and the unit response time is crap, even with all the console tweaks. Also, I hate stuff like losing unit focus when clicking elsewhere (like in WC3 DotA), I don't get why they had to replicate that instead of improving it.

Guesong

Why is no one talking about Grave Locket. Much better item than Genjuro. I haven't played but why wouldn't any support get it.

That's cause everyone knows Grave Locket is awesome.

It would be crazy good even without the respawn bonus. Any support should get it. Any ganker should get it even, Pebbles just love that extra mana.

Kapura

Banned
Not something i would buy (i dun like panda) but I don't see what the big problem is. It's at least as good as the original skin.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Man getting dumpstered by moon, tralfamadore, and lalond is not fun... with this mmr compression you play pros every other game with a 1680+ account.

Madouu

Really? I don't understand, this is actually the first alt avatar I have ever considered buying. Usually they don't appeal to me at all ...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Kapura playing a Wii game just sounds wrong.

Anyways, lemme know what you think of it when you're done with it.

Kapura

Banned

I'm two dungeons deep and unless the game suddenly gets really, really bad I think i've got a solid opinion. If it were on a console with real graphics and real controls, it could be the best game of all time. But it looks like an old game, and the controls are sometimes wonky and I find myself often needing to recalibrate so that I can do the gimicky sword-slashy puzzles and encounters. When the controls work, they're amazing. If only they ALWAYS worked...

Insured

The best thing about Moon's stream has to be all the randoms spamming all chat in an attempt to feel superior about themselves. This never gets old!

DGRE

Banned
Hey guys, wondering if I could get an invite to the GAF guild. My screenname is danielisaac.

Thanks guys. I am on a huge myrmidon kick right now.

Sanjay

Nothing wrong with Kapura playing with his Wii.

Hey guys, wondering if I could get an invite to the GAF guild. My screenname is danielisaac.

Thanks guys. I am on a huge myrmidon kick right now.

Don't forget to follow Nome's guide and get Elder Parasite. A core item on him.

I'm two dungeons deep and unless the game suddenly gets really, really bad I think i've got a solid opinion. If it were on a console with real graphics and real controls, it could be the best game of all time. But it looks like an old game, and the controls are sometimes wonky and I find myself often needing to recalibrate so that I can do the gimicky sword-slashy puzzles and encounters. When the controls work, they're amazing. If only they ALWAYS worked...

The controls are so polarizing. I wonder if technology will ever advance to the point where we can get perfect 1:1 fidelity without having to recalibrate all the time. Personally, I've never had a problem with the controls, although some of the combat can still devolve to waggle-fests.

But game is awesome, no complaints. Dungeons are a tad easy though (I'm hoping the difficulty ramps up soon).

EDIT: I'm running Guild Wars off my external. Let me know when you guys create a guild.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wait wait, what is this GW thing going on.

Are we grinding HoM?

I need that shit, give me a call on steam when you're running UW or whatever.

I have a shitty A/Me I can bring along.

Card Boy

Banned
Who do i PM for the HoNGaf GW Guild?

I got heaps of double miniatures i want to trade. I am 1 point of the 25 tier mark in the Hall of Monuments. I have 27 minis and need 3 more for the 30 milestone.

PasteyMF

Spectating a friend's game is nice while waiting for them to finish up a game so you can get your MM on. After this patch, I feel like the feature set between HoN and Dota 2 is now heavily in HoN's favor. Can't wait to see what Valve cooks up over the coming months, but HoN is still a superior game imo.

Dreavus

Whoa I thought i was reading the wrong thread for a sec.

I jumped onto the guild wars bandwagon a few days ago. I've been capturing elite skills in Cantha for a little while, getting close to having them all.

IceMarker

Patch is out.
Version 2.5.2.1
------------
- The current Free Heroes were changed. The current available list is as follows:
* Valkyrie
* Monkey King
* Gemini
* Chronos
* Swiftblade
* Zephyr
* Engineer
* Fayde

* Parasite
* Thunderbringer
* Wretched Hag
* Martyr
* Puppet Master
* Plague Rider

* Pharoah

- Added a new Taunt: Fist of Sol

- Added a new Keeper of the Forest Alt Avatar: Mother Nature Keeper

- Health Bars for heroes now have Health Pips and glow when you hover over them
* Each small section is 200 Health and each large section is 1000 Health

- New options for colorblind players
* Health Pips or Colorblind options can be turned on and off in the Mod Options section

- /dnd will now ignore mentor/player spectate requests
- You can no longer player spectate or mentor in a Tournament Rules game
- Fixed player count with player spectators/mentors

- For mentors/player spectators, we no longer do:
* PSR checks
* Leaver check
* Verified check
* Private server check

- Hellflower: Can no longer tab to the invisible gadget

- Aluna: Recalibrated Déja Vu timer mechanics to be more accurate with the channel bar in the majority of cases
- Amun-Ra: Fixed Ra's Path of Destruction projectile from going more than 600 range if he gets teleported within the same frame he reaches its cast point
- Cthulhuphant: Fixed his Trample projectile from still going after he dies
- Fayde: Added a check so her Illusions will interact properly with deleted units
- Fayde: Added a death check so if multiple Burning Shadows illusions are present on a unit when the target dies, then the excess illusions attacking that unit all die
- Fayde: Burning Shadows sight gadgets are unable to be tabbed to. Illusions are still selectable via tabbing
- Fayde: Fixed Burning Shadows so Barbed Armor properly returns the damage done to Fayde
- Gemini: Extremely minor tweak to alt avatar animation when walking
- Gemini: Made some effects not play through fog
- Gemini: Fixed teleporting to the wrong place when dying
* Fixes a bug where Gemini drops items that drop on death (ie, Bound Eye) at the killer's feet instead of the pet's feet
- Gladiator: Fixed his invisible gadgets so they can't be tabbed to
- Kraken: Fixed so he stops displacing the target with his Tsunami Charge if he gets unbound from his projectile
- Magebane: Optimized Mana Combustion
- Midas: Updated Elemental Warp's tooltip
- Tundra: Fixed units so they play their idle animation when the stun of Avalanche wears off

Top Bottom