• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

image.php

Techies

Colosseum Duel

Colosseum_duel_zps49d015c6.jpg

Little map I made using some Savage2 Assets. People who play and host custom maps now hang around is the custommaps channel in HoN.

Madouu

bzm

Hey Sebby I was wondering how segregated South Africa is. Are y'all like "yea man lets hit up the dutch side of town", or is everyone everywhere?
And how is the language distribution handled? Do most people speak multiple languages or are there regions where English/Afrikaans/whatever african shit is spoken predominantly?

Edit: P.S. freakinchair sucks at arkham horror.

Swag

It depends on what town and what suburb your in. Most people speak English, white people ( Boere ) speak Afrikaans / English. Usually you won't see a black / colored person speak Afrikaans unless they have a reason to, like they went to an Afrikaner school or something. Most people get offended if a white person speaks Afrikaans to them, that Apartheid legacy going strong.

My house is in a very posh area of town so it's mostly white / upper middle class black people, so I tend to mix with other races more, but I have friends that won't go to areas where there is a high percentage of a single racial group, safety concerns / Xenophobia. But it also depends on the city you're in, Cape Town is more mixed then lets say Durban ( Lots of Indians ), Johannesburg ( Coloreds / Blacks ) etc.

That being said, I'm on a hiatus from South African life, spending some time in Namibia where everyone speaks Afrikaans, to the point it's the preferred language over English, annoying for us non-Afrikaans speakers.

Techies

It depends on what town and what suburb your in. Most people speak English, white people ( Boere ) speak Afrikaans / English. Usually you won't see a black / colored person speak Afrikaans unless they have a reason to, like they went to an Afrikaner school or something. Most people get offended if a white person speaks Afrikaans to them, that Apartheid legacy going strong.

My house is in a very posh area of town so it's mostly white / upper middle class black people, so I tend to mix with other races more, but I have friends that won't go to areas where there is a high percentage of a single racial group, safety concerns / Xenophobia. But it also depends on the city you're in, Cape Town is more mixed then lets say Durban ( Lots of Indians ), Johannesburg ( Coloreds / Blacks ) etc.

That being said, I'm on a hiatus from South African life, spending some time in Namibia where everyone speaks Afrikaans, to the point it's the preferred language over English, annoying for us non-Afrikaans speakers.

I'm from South Africa, but I'm from one of those small forsaken towns in the Free-State no one has ever heard of that just happens to have gotten 3G recently. Just today I saw a donkey cart that parked perfectly in the parking bay.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Click your user name in top right > Video Manager > Edit under your video of choice > Info and Settings > Bottom text entry

Radial pings are just like LoL's.

New Gemini E seems interesting.

Hellbringer can summon multiple Malphas. Wow.

Kraken buff is nice.

:lol at Myrmidon, Witch Slayer, and Pebbles Staff effects.

New Puppet ult looks great.

No more Elemental pushing with Tempest out of range.

EP no longer an Attack Modifier. Could be better than Abyssal.

TP change should make it harder to prevent pushes.

Top Bottom