• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Nome

Karram said:
I don't even own the game but a friend of mine was telling me how he keeps griefing players on his team by letting them lose and sometimes killing their hero or something like that as a result he gets banned a lot but he just asks the community manager to unban him and she actually does since he helps her win games. I'm not sure if that's true but if it is then it's really fucked up.

Give me an account name and I will take care of this.

Einbroch

Banned
I've been playing LoL for a good few weeks now, but it seems to be pretty simple. I feel like I already know how to master the game, what to do, and what to buy in all situations.

Is HoN like this? I love playing tank classes, what's the state of them in this game?

delirium

Einbroch said:
I've been playing LoL for a good few weeks now, but it seems to be pretty simple. I feel like I already know how to master the game, what to do, and what to buy in all situations.

Is HoN like this? I love playing tank classes, what's the state of them in this game?
HoN has a bunch of tanks, but while they are in the same genre, they play completely different (Counterstrike vs TF2, both are FPS but the play style is completely different).

There's a LoL commentator who recently switch from LoL and he documented his first experiences with the game: http://www.youtube.com/user/quill18/

Watch his HoN videos to see if what you see is what you want.

Meeru

Banned
Casval can you please help my account? I had a recent stat reset done but now I cannot see any match history or favorite heroes whenever I put my mouse over the stats viewer in games. This is very depressing and I am very sad about this. If I have to have another reset done to me in order to get them viewable again, I will do it..I just want to see them again!!! Please!!!! My user name is Meeru

Insured

valenti said:
Casval can you please help my account? I had a recent stat reset done but now I cannot see any match history or favorite heroes whenever I put my mouse over the stats viewer in games. This is very depressing and I am very sad about this. If I have to have another reset done to me in order to get them viewable again, I will do it..I just want to see them again!!! Please!!!! My user name is Meeru
Isn't that because the mouseover still shows public game data, not matchmaking fav heroes & latest games?

Insured said:
Isn't that because the mouseover still shows public game data, not matchmaking fav heroes & latest games?

Mouseover shows public game data for me. My last game was a 0/0/0 nostats that I left.

How can you get banned for being AFK?

Swag

Lone_Prodigy said:
Mouseover shows public game data for me. My last game was a 0/0/0 nostats that I left.

How can you get banned for being AFK?

If you have a lot of cases pending against you, I'm sure the GMs or whoever does the RAP stuff will be far less lenient on you.

Val does tend to leave a lot of games :p

Insured

Sebulon3k said:
If you have a lot of cases pending against you, I'm sure the GMs or whoever does the RAP stuff will be far less lenient on you.

Val does tend to leave a lot of games :p
But leaving in itself is not an offense, is it? Obviously you can't always help it, and there's the leaver status system in place already.

Is it still possible to vote kick an AFK player out with the team only (as should have happened in val's case)?

Swag

Insured said:
But leaving in itself is not an offense, is it? Obviously you can't always help it, and there's the leaver status system in place already.

Is it still possible to vote kick an AFK player out with the team only (as should have happened in val's case)?

Yeah you can when the afk timer is up, switches it from a 9 vote to a 4 vote.

But I suppose it depends on how you leave, for example buying 4 wards then selling them, and leaving at beginning of the game may be considered a form of grieving.

Swag

Val I'm curious, do you keep resetting your stats so you can continue to stomp the 1500 ~ 1700 bracket?

Not being mean spirited, just curious.

Meeru

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Val I'm curious, do you keep resetting your stats so you can continue to stomp the 1500 ~ 1700 bracket?

Not being mean spirited, just curious.
Swag I suppose it could indirectly mean that, but its more on the side of not entering the 1800 and up category. Unless I play with a team of four gaffers, going solo 1800 mm is not really enjoyable to me. You start playing with people who are elistist. I can relate it to the elitists in ihl and dcl and dxd

Nome

Intentionally avoidable AFK detection is bannable, so if you went to answer the door and came back, it probably looked like you were going AFK on purpose to grief. Just tell your teammates next time what's going on.

kagete

valenti said:
Swag I suppose it could indirectly mean that, but its more on the side of not entering the 1800 and up category. Unless I play with a team of four gaffers, going solo 1800 mm is not really enjoyable to me. You start playing with people who are elistist. I can relate it to the elitists in ihl and dcl and dxd

I feel you man.. I wish I had money for a stat reset because it's so tough getting grouped against people who actually make $$$ playing the game. Once you get to 1600 you really can't go lower than that even if you try. I even lent my account to my cousin who's never played HON just for him to kill my MMR but it's still stuck at 1700+. I look at the match stats from when he played my account and he went 1-15 but my MMR barely budged.

Nome - I think you guys need to redo how PSR/MMR is lost. Maybe increase the penalty for friends that are in teams (team of 5 will lose more MMR than the team of 2 + 3 they're playing). Honestly I think the PSR scale is way tooo skewed upwards with everybody you interact with (actualyl get matched against) bunched up in the same 1500-1800 range when the skill level of the 1750 rating players is sooo different from 1600s. Have you tried running your matchmaking algorithms with test data where the average player is assumed to be 1000 instead of 1500? Where a 1700 becomes a 1500 instead to represent a 75% rating on a scale to 2000?

Meeru

Banned
kagete said:
I feel you man.. I wish I had money for a stat reset because it's so tough getting grouped against people who actually make $$$ playing the game. Once you get to 1600 you really can't go lower than that even if you try. I even lent my account to my cousin who's never played HON just for him to kill my MMR but it's still stuck at 1700+. I look at the match stats from when he played my account and he went 1-15 but my MMR barely budged.

Nome - I think you guys need to redo how PSR/MMR is lost. Maybe increase the penalty for friends that are in teams (team of 5 will lose more MMR than the team of 2 + 3 they're playing). Honestly I think the PSR scale is way tooo skewed upwards with everybody you interact with (actualyl get matched against) bunched up in the same 1500-1800 range when the skill level of the 1750 rating players is sooo different from 1600s. Have you tried running your matchmaking algorithms with test data where the average player is assumed to be 1000 instead of 1500? Where a 1700 becomes a 1500 instead to represent a 75% rating on a scale to 2000?
lol im sure ur cousin was treated in the most unkind manner possible when he played

Meeru

Banned
lol dude shes gonna have 100% rune control the whole game. And another thing..assassins with ult? that'll work right? Too bad she doesnt have a spam spell..makes her kinda useless in mid

Archie said:
I just hope I can left click her fast enough.

That's what she said.

I think in terms of balance, her skills probably cost an insane amount of mana. The wall isn't as wide as Behemoth's but it looks like she can pull it off faster and aim it better. I expect some broken combinations of her ult.

Swag

So then, Glacius + Empath = lol laning phase, Global Mana / HP regen

Bros I can't wait to AP it up this weekend, Empath + Madman / Swiftblade lane all day every fucken day.

Best part is that it's a pure support hero so all the 1800+ players will be staying far away from it because it has no carry potential. Easy pick time inc.

Anksta

An update for HONStats has just been released to the Android Market. You can grab it from the Market client on your Android device or via https://market.android.com/details?id=com.metadawn.honstats

Please contact us on support@metadawn.com for any queries, questions and feedback.

Note:
  • To remove a player from your list, expand that player's details and tap on the skull icon.
  • We have an unconfirmed report of incorrect clan tags being displayed. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact support@metadawn.com with the player name and clan information. Once we reproduce the issue, we will issue a fix.

Thanks for all the support and feedback. Please remember to rate the application and refer it to other HON players.
HONStats is not affiliated with S2Games, the developers of HON.

Changes:
v1.0 2011-02-03
  • True Skill Rating (TSR) added for all modes.
  • Game mode & sort settings are now saved.
  • Update players on startup.
  • Improved startup time for large player lists.
  • Add, remove and update players at any time.
  • Sort criteria streamlined.
  • Miscellaneous UI tweaks.
  • Fixes:
    - KDR sort was only comparing public game statistics.
    - Update uses sort order used except on startup which uses name order.
    - Long names used to truncate.
    - Clan tags were not updated if a player left a clan.​

Swag

valenti said:
I quit this game. Its meaningless. Rather play sc2

I don't quite understand your logic, you don't enjoy it, and you enjoy SC2 more, I don't get what you mean by meaningless, enlighten us.

Swag

PillowKnight said:
Empath seems like a very weak and situational hero.

Realistically I'm open to seeing more support heroes other then Glacius / Witch Slayer / Voodoo Jester / Bubbles.

God I'm tired of seeing these same 4 heroes every single game.

Codex for Empath? KS all day.

I play low-level MMR so I don't see many pro support heroes. I babysat a Pebbles as Witch Slayer until he got Immortal last night. Don't think I'll get enough coins for the SB skin though.

Nome

She's very, very situational. In our test games, she's got maybe a 50% win ratio, vs Myrmidon or Dampeer's 80-ish%. She's very dependent on your carry knowing what he's doing. It's not going to be a clear cut "Empath won this game" sort of thing.

Sebulon3k said:
Realistically I'm open to seeing more support heroes other then Glacius / Witch Slayer / Voodoo Jester / Bubbles.

God I'm tired of seeing these same 4 heroes every single game.
Andromeda! I don't think she'll replace any of those heroes, she just doesn't have the burst, or the versatility.

She's very, very situational. In our test games, she's got maybe a 50% win ratio, vs Myrmidon or Dampeer's 80-ish%. She's very dependent on your carry knowing what he's doing. It's not going to be a clear cut "Empath won this game" sort of thing.
That's interesting. As in, to have a hero that's only supposed to be used in certain hero match ups.

Swag

PillowKnight said:
That's interesting. As in, to have a hero that's only supposed to be used in certain hero match ups.

Or with certain people.

Although in TMM this shouldn't be that difficult, just find a friend that plays carry and co=ordinate.

Are there any support heroes that have particularly high win %? I'd think 50% would be just about right given her skills and her role. Myrmidon is excluded because of how sheerly ridiculous that hero.

Swag

So curious, lets say your doing Empath wars can you just put like 4 empaths in 1 empath and empath while the driver empaths?

Kapura

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
So curious, lets say your doing Empath wars can you just put like 4 empaths in 1 empath and empath while the driver empaths?
xzibit.jpg

Top Bottom