• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Karram

I don't even own the game but a friend of mine was telling me how he keeps griefing players on his team by letting them lose and sometimes killing their hero or something like that as a result he gets banned a lot but he just asks the community manager to unban him and she actually does since he helps her win games. I'm not sure if that's true but if it is then it's really fucked up.

Kapura

Banned
saw a super-beta tester leaking like a motherfucker on 4chan. He said the ultimate for empath was something like a wall that is impassable to enemy heroes and spawns illusions of allied heroes who walk through it. Very interesting.

Dreavus

Kapura said:
saw a super-beta tester leaking like a motherfucker on 4chan. He said the ultimate for empath was something like a wall that is impassable to enemy heroes and spawns illusions of allied heroes who walk through it. Very interesting.

Isn't that what the Dark Seer in dota does? At least the illusion part of it. Can't remember since I haven't played in so long

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Assuming what Nome said was true I'm calling fake on those leaks.

I would like dark seer though.

Kapura said:

gandalfyoushallnotpass.gif

Had a funny moment in a game last night. Our Slither was fighting near the enemy shrine and ulted their whole team. The Wildsoul hustled back to the fountain but before he got there was denied by his allied Bubbles. I told them Slither's ult wasn't lethal, to which the other team replied that the WS was terrible and raging a lot, so he deserved it (he was pretty bad).

Swag

Dreavus said:
Isn't that what the Dark Seer in dota does? At least the illusion part of it. Can't remember since I haven't played in so long

Your correct, but with Dark Seer you could run through it, and I believe it only spawned one illusion per hero?

Can't remember if you could pass through multiple times to get multiple illusions, either way that ult was rape for pushing power / team fight confusion.

Haly

Only one illusion per hero, if it died while the wall was still up, you could make a new one by running through it again.

However!

It also effected hero illusions, making for some truly lolriffic games.

Dark seer + Refresher + Naga + Manta

Swag

Halycon said:
Only one illusion per hero, if it died while the wall was still up, you could make a new one by running through it again.

However!

It also effected hero illusions, making for some truly lolriffic games.

Dark seer + Refresher + Naga + Manta

Phantom Lancer, so we're finally getting an IMAGE hero but not the one we wanted :)

Kapura

Banned
The SBT in the thread was really vague about how the images worked... it could be that the image spawned is under the control of the person who's illusion it is, which seems to be different from dark seer, who controlled all of the illusions. I don't really know, and it could have changed. Or he could have been pulling shit out of his ass. I dunno.

Swag

Kapura said:
The SBT in the thread was really vague about how the images worked... it could be that the image spawned is under the control of the person who's illusion it is, which seems to be different from dark seer, who controlled all of the illusions. I don't really know, and it could have changed. Or he could have been pulling shit out of his ass. I dunno.

I really hope he was, cause that's kinda majorly zzzzzz

On a brighter note, I have kicked my HoN habit, and only play 1 game every 2 days, and really in those games it's just to make people mad then log off.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
We later found out that it was just Tralf hanging out with rl buddies and SOME OF US
VALENTI
were a touch too mean. Considering we were going balls out, and they had a worthless valk, and some were pretty clearly amateur. Feels bad man =\

Swag

I gotta go try hard level when I play against good people just to even the playing field, otherwise I make too many mistakes and get stomped.

Val / Loki were a tad bit rude though :< SK / MSI jokes were a bit much

Meteorain

valenti said:
She has juking and mind blowing worthy survival skill. And she can carry.

Not saying that she isn't that. Just saying I didn't like her style is all!

Yea. Loki is a horrendous griefer. He does it so much lol

Swag

Lone_Prodigy said:
How did you guys end up playing for 70+ minutes?

Wildsoul Turtle strat, and Wildsoul push strat, and even though we won almost all of the team fights, tralf just bought back over and over with bombadier and squashed our pushes. It was only until the last fight that I was able to catch him off guard and catch him in a stun gore combo.

Haly

27930371 is by far the worst game I have ever won.

It was a 3v5 for the majority of the game, with either Pred or Slither off farming while MQ, Elec and I (Vindi 14/7/19 fuck yeah) fight. Fortunately one of them would take a break to help out once in a while but the other guy was always farming. Early game, it was Pred. Late game it was Slither.

And they kept telling me to buy wards when I had been buying wards for 20 minutes straight.

As far as I'm concerned I carried that game like a boss.

EDIT: 86.1 and 96.9 APM, Slither and Pred respectively.

What a fucking joke.

Dreavus

Halycon said:
27930371 is by far the worst game I have ever won.

It was a 3v5 for the majority of the game, with either Pred or Slither off farming while MQ, Elec and I (Vindi 14/7/19 fuck yeah) fight. Fortunately one of them would take a break to help out once in a while but the other guy was always farming. Early game, it was Pred. Late game it was Slither.

And they kept telling me to buy wards when I had been buying wards for 20 minutes straight.

As far as I'm concerned I carried that game like a boss.

EDIT: 86.1 and 96.9 APM, Slither and Pred respectively.

What a fucking joke.

Why is a Slither telling you to buy wards?

Some people don't understand their role in this game.

Kapura

Banned
speaking of farming monsters, just got out of a game where I was rocking Rice Owl and we had a hyper-farmed gladiator. By the end, I had sold my hobtl to make room for a behe's heart, shamans, daemonic, my boots, mock, and a couple of gems. Gladi had maxed out riftshards, shroud, savage, and i don't know what else. They let us rice all day, and we did.

Swag

Kapura said:
speaking of farming monsters, just got out of a game where I was rocking Rice Owl and we had a hyper-farmed gladiator. By the end, I had sold my hobtl to make room for a behe's heart, shamans, daemonic, my boots, mock, and a couple of gems. Gladi had maxed out riftshards, shroud, savage, and i don't know what else. They let us rice all day, and we did.

What?

Sebulon3k said:
Item_BoundEye.jpg

Haly

Dreavus said:
Why is a Slither telling you to buy wards?

Some people don't understand their role in this game.
Duuude. Cause I'm int.

And he's agi!

I'm on a winning streak yet I'm not enjoying it. Every single game is basically people chewing me the fuck out when I'm doing my job instead of feeding.

Meeru

Banned
Halycon said:
Duuude. Cause I'm int.

And he's agi!

I'm on a winning streak yet I'm not enjoying it. Every single game is basically people chewing me the fuck out when I'm doing my job instead of feeding.
dude they rage on others even tho they realize they are the ones sucking

Meeru

Banned
Vect said:
Do you have the match id for that?!

I honestly don't have the motivation to play HoN like I use to.
Naw they just wanted to show that x marks the spot doesnt disjoint pebbles. it'll prolly get fixed in next patch.

And yeah I follow you on the motivation..I don't really wanna play this game anymore. I'm more of the casual hardcore player. Can't wait for dota 2

Patch incoming. Let's play!
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=213149
== General ==

- This patch has brought the first Gold Collection Avatar, Sachi Swiftblade. She will only be available for purchase until Friday, February 4th at 12 PM EST, so act swiftly to be one of the lucky few to own her!
* Gold Collection items are only available for a limited time

- Tweaked the ramps near Kongor on Caldavar to be much wider
- Casual Mode games now automatically start with a courier for each team
- Outpost no longer has Snake Bracelet or Minor Totem in it, now has an Apprentice's Robe

== Shop Improvements ==

- The green border around a component now takes into account your stash.
- An orange border will be displayed around a component if you own it, but it's not in the selected unit's inventory. It will not show up if it's in anyone else's stash, if you can't see it, or if it's held by an enemy.
- "Buy All Components" is now "Buy Remaining", which will purchase only the items without a green or orange border. It'll also buy items going left to right, depth-first, so it can still buy some components even if you can't afford all.
- You can now buy while dead and then sell those items back while still dead
- Added a new icon over the item when it's still in the grace period for 100% sell-back value

- Fixed courier purchase messages showing the wrong player as buying them
- Added more account icons
- A courier will no longer automatically transfer wards to you, unless you bought the wards
- Stunned units can no longer use the Grimm Teleporters
- You can now earn smackdowns/humiliations if a player-owned unit gets the killing blow. These kills are now also counted for nemesis/paybacks.
- Fixed the timer for votes showing the wrong amount of time remaining. It wasn't taking into account time spent paused
- You can no longer concede once the enemy team has conceded

- Fixed the available avatars icon from incorrectly showing if a player does not have access or the ability to purchase any of the avatars for that hero
- Added GetGameTime and GetTotalTime console commands
- Font loading and memory optimizations
* Fonts load about twice as fast now and use about half the memory
- When a user joins the queue and a match has not been established in their MMR bracket/game type/map, the average wait time will display as "??? seconds" instead of "0 seconds"

== Items ==

Blood Chalice
- Now takes a Scarab instead of a Trinket of Restoration
* No longer gives +2 Health Regeneration
* Does not give any Mana Regeneration passively

Hellflower
- Now gives +51 damage instead of +50 as it is a correct sum of its parts

Nullstone
- The spell-block component no longer propagates to Illusions

Puzzlebox
- Fixed the Mana Burn to correctly do Magic damage instead of True

Sacrificial Stone
- Added +10 damage (from Sustainer)
- Fixed a bug where you could put the stone on a non-hero unit and it wouldn't lose charges
- Fixed it so that the wielder must be a hero in order to get charges added to it

== Heroes ==

Bombardier
- Fixed an anomaly with Nullstone and Boom Dust allowing Bombardier to use Boom Dust when he has 0 charges
- Fixed Sticky Bomb from showing a stun visual when it explodes with 0 charges on it

Chronos
- Fixed Time Freeze so that the damage won't be lethal to allied units

Corrupted Disciple
- Optimized Corrupted Conduit to use less game resources

Dampeer
- Fixed Dampeer's Bloodthirst dispeling Sage's Lore
- Should no longer lose his essence charge if he dies with Token of Life active

Devourer
- Cadaver Armor will now gain charges equal to the strength gained (no gameplay change, just a cosmetic bonus)

Flint Beastwood
- Fixed Money Shot so that it always plays the sound when it should
* Fixes an issue where the sound would play even if the target did not die
- Fixed alternate avatar from saying gibberish each time he procs his Hollowpoint Shells
- Fixed his Hollowpoint Shells from killing allied heroes

Forsaken Archer
- Fixed Forsaken Archers' skeletons not attacking your target if you issue an attack order from far away & decide to activate skeletons early on
- Fixed Forsaken Archer's skeleton timer from displaying wrong time values when you summon a bunch of skeletons by toggling Call of the Damned quickly

Gauntlet
- Infernal Instability is no longer dispellable

Gladiator
- Added disjoint to Showdown (I Have No Patience) upon returning the target
- Fixed Pitfall sound effect glitches
- Made the state that deals damage to you after the Call to Arms visible so you know what is damaging you

Kraken
- Resized his alt avatar
- Fixed his Tsunami Charge so it will no longer dispel other stuns on the enemies
- Fixed his Release the Kraken! effect playing 1 second too long

Legionnaire
- Fixed Terrifying Charge from canceling when a unit is on the edge of fog (again)
- Fixed Terrifying Charge so it can be blocked by Moraxus
- Decapitate cast effect type changed from Physical to SuperiorMagic
* This means it can now be cast on Physical Immune as well as Magic Immune units

Maliken
- Fixed his sword stance not playing his idle animation when you go back to regular sword stance
- Fixed Maliken's colors when using sword modes

Myrmidon
- Fixing his Magic Carp from proccing events like Corrupted Disciple's Static Discharge more than once

Pandamonium
- Fixed Flick to not work on invulnerable units
* Also fixed Flick to properly trigger Moraxus Arcane Shield

Pharaoh
- Fixed Wrath of the Pharaoh being able to hit a unit behind him when he casts it.
- Tweaked how Wrath of the Pharaoh works with Staff of the Master. Added a new fifth ability to swap between the versions

Predator
- Fixed Venomous Leap so you can correctly disjoint it

Sand Wraith
- Properly fixed Mirage so there won't be a cooldown on Manifest right after you cast Mirage
- Implemented a visual timer on Mirage to let Sand Wraith users know how long Manifest is going to be available

Soul Reaper
- Fixed Demonic Execution so that it always plays the sound when it should
* Fixes an issue where the sound would play even if the target did not die

Soulstealer
- No longer gains souls from killing gadgets

Succubus
- Fixed Mesmerize so the first damage tick happens correctly

delirium

GhostRidah said:
I have not played in over six months, what are these coins and how do you acquire them?
There's an in game cash shop now ala LOL except the money you use to buy them can be earned by playing matchmaking (which works and it awesome). And the in game cash shop doesn't affect gameplay, only cosmetics.

delirium said:
There's an in game cash shop now ala LOL except the money you use to buy them can be earned by playing matchmaking (which works and it awesome). And the in game cash shop doesn't affect gameplay, only cosmetics.
Oh nice, did they improve matchmaking? it would take forever to find any matches back in the day.

delirium

GhostRidah said:
Oh nice, did they improve matchmaking? it would take forever to find any matches back in the day.
The new matchmaking system has basically replaced public games for 90% of the people out there.

delirium

Fuck me. Last game was just fucking stupid. A Moraxus starts calling everyone on the team baddies and shit wants to concede at 15 because SS was 1 level higher than our mid. The whole game he was never in team fights, and gets HotBL, Barrier Idol, and Demonic Breastplate BEFORE Pkey. This forces me (as Witch Slayer) to initiate with my Pkey and 1100 hp. Every team fight was basically me initiate, get off 1 stun and hope to live. And when we kong, he takes the token and says he needs it because he's tank.

Top Bottom