• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Dang, I played with 300, 400+ ping for the first time today. I feel so bad for astro now lol; I was like a fish out of water, I couldn't deal with it.

Neckbeard

Anbokr said:
Dang, I played with 300, 400+ ping for the first time today. I feel so bad for astro now lol; I was like a fish out of water, I couldn't deal with it.

I can't play with anything over 130 :/

Meeru

Banned
Anbokr said:
LOL love your avatar

Dude, when I was playing with you guys while I was in Korea, it was very stressful. I don't know if I went to a bad pc bang, but I get not only lag but there are times when I have that lost connection and my hero goes to fountain, and it takes a while to "reconnect" to the game (not logging out and reconnecting, but just waiting to reconenct while you are in the game). Feeling bad for astro is an understatement.

I just played a very very intense game where I was bubbles against Chronos. It was amazing, cuz the Chronos mid wasn't a bad player. I was so ready to win this game, getting an annihilation and all, until my wife came. Then I lost. Not only that but she's been acting very sad cuz she thinks I sit in front of the computer too much. FML. I'm the only one that works right now and pay all the bills!! I helped her buy that marble table from havertys she wanted, costing $1100. And she's sad (even cried) that I sit in front of the computer too much? Marriage is a freaking sacrifice I tell ya.

bzm

Meeru said:
LOL love your avatar

Dude, when I was playing with you guys while I was in Korea, it was very stressful. I don't know if I went to a bad pc bang, but I get not only lag but there are times when I have that lost connection and my hero goes to fountain, and it takes a while to "reconnect" to the game (not logging out and reconnecting, but just waiting to reconenct while you are in the game). Feeling bad for astro is an understatement.

I just played a very very intense game where I was bubbles against Chronos. It was amazing, cuz the Chronos mid wasn't a bad player. I was so ready to win this game, getting an annihilation and all, until my wife came. Then I lost. Not only that but she's been acting very sad cuz she thinks I sit in front of the computer too much. FML. I'm the only one that works right now and pay all the bills!! I helped her buy that marble table from havertys she wanted, costing $1100. And she's sad (even cried) that I sit in front of the computer too much? Marriage is a freaking sacrifice I tell ya.
If you're working and shes not (not in school or something either) then tell her to fuck off [more politely], you've earned some hon time imotbh

Meeru

Banned
The only games she likes is Mario and Adventure Island (its funny how I guessed that game right, when she was telling me the game..she couldn't figure out the name so she was saying stuff like skateboard, you throw things..and so I thought adventure island? Man I would have never guessed that correctly)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm pretty sure Dota can easily destroy a marriage.

Sanjay

Neckbeard said:
Who is this RBX guy in GAF? He talks mad shit.

Major troll as well. Went 0-10 and refused to concede. Stay classy GAF.

Kind of harsh judging gaf with that one person who also I have never played with. Not a regular that's for sure.

PasteyMF

Meeru said:
LOL love your avatar

I don't know much about her, but it sounds like she needs a hobby that isn't you.

bzm

Sanjay said:
Kind of harsh judging gaf with that one person who also I have never played with. Not a regular that's for sure.
Man whats with these regulars sanjay, meteorain, and nilay? They just eurorage at each other nonstop every time ive seen/played with them. Guess GAF is just a rager clan.
;o

Nome

Some details on Emerald Warden, since he's my hero.

-The 625 range on paper seems like it'd be ridiculous for harassing, and it is, as long as you're not engaging head-on. In most circumstances, you will not be able to attack a 600 range hero without fear of retaliation due to 290 movement speed.
-The goal with this hero from the start was to provide a "WoW Hunter"-like experience where you control your hero without having to micromanage a pet. Minion micro is extremely difficult and makes some heroes basically unplayable by what I'd estimate to be 95% of our playerbase.
-There's going to be a lot of comparisons drawn to DotA's Tinker, but I don't think these comparisons are founded. Hunter's Command actually began as a full-on summon, but it was awkward so the wolves were changed to damaging projectiles. He also needed burst damage.
-This will be a very straightforward hero; pretty easy to play. It's the most fun hero in the game to me right now (obviously I'm biased though). There will be a lot of epic moments where you are being chased through the forest and have sub-100 HP, but will still end up getting a kill due to clearvision, Overgrowth traps, and Gawain's Diving Strike. It really punishes opponents who overcommit.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I've had 500 ping all day today and it's driving me crazy; I can't play. My HoN ping has ALWAYS been like 10-40 max. I'm hoping the issue resolves itself overnight...I've lost 3 straight where I'm unable to do much cause of this crap.

IceMarker

Nome said:

-The 625 range on paper seems like it'd be ridiculous for harassing, and it is, as long as you're not engaging head-on. In most circumstances, you will not be able to attack a 600 range hero without fear of retaliation due to 290 movement speed.
-The goal with this hero from the start was to provide a "WoW Hunter"-like experience where you control your hero without having to micromanage a pet. Minion micro is extremely difficult and makes some heroes basically unplayable by what I'd estimate to be 95% of our playerbase.
-There's going to be a lot of comparisons drawn to DotA's Tinker, but I don't think these comparisons are founded. Hunter's Command actually began as a full-on summon, but it was awkward so the wolves were changed to damaging projectiles. He also needed burst damage.
-This will be a very straightforward hero; pretty easy to play. It's the most fun hero in the game to me right now (obviously I'm biased though). There will be a lot of epic moments where you are being chased through the forest and have sub-100 HP, but will still end up getting a kill due to clearvision, Overgrowth traps, and Gawain's Diving Strike. It really punishes opponents who overcommit.
Nice, thanks for the info!

Meeru

Banned
Nome said:
-
The first two skills do share a resemblance, but Tinker's ultimate is what makes him Tinker. And looking at Emerald Warden's ultimate, he's definitely a different hero.

BTW Nome, maybe you can help us figure out a way to offer some sort of prize, most likely silver coins, for our little IHL league:)

Dreavus

Nome said:

Good stuff. That 625 attack range sounds sexy has hell. :D

Meteorain

bzm said:
Man whats with these regulars sanjay, meteorain, and nilay? They just eurorage at each other nonstop every time ive seen/played with them. Guess GAF is just a rager clan.
;o

Lol, it's mostly just Nilay being useless.

Similar to how you rage at Kapura.

kagete

Nome, HON better not have any crashes or server problems this long weekend! I've got no family visits or trips planned and need my HON time all these 3 days.

Haly

Int carry that can't be juked?

Lolololol this is going to be fun.

(Sexy dryad skin please :3)

Haly

Tinker requires vision, these are on another level entirely!

Nome

It's an agility hero. Hunter's Command actually doesn't do much damage, and it's on a medium-long cooldown. 240 Magic at level 4, and 16 seconds. Compare to Defiler's Wave of Death, 300 Magic and 5 seconds (with level 4 Power in Death; otherwise, 9 seconds).

He'd actually be much stronger as an intelligence, and that's part of why he's agility. You won't be able to spam your spells as much without sacrificing damage.

Haly

Hellflower Nullstone Harkon's (which I haven't seen used in ever).

:3

Meeru

Banned
Lol agility..I like

And those traps remind me of templar assassin;_; can you only place one trap? Do they give vision?

Nome

Meeru said:
Lol agility..I like

And those traps remind me of templar assassin;_; can you only place one trap? Do they give vision?

You can place 3, and they give a small amount of vision. Very small cast range (400), and they cannot be "remote" activated, though you can trigger them yourself by denying them. In other words, great for lane control, bad for vision.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Nome, great work on that hero, he looks really cool. I'll be in touch with you at some point in the near future regarding the "sponsorship" of the IHL. Thanks a ton dude <3

Argh, lately I keep getting disconnected from chat server (I think this is the problem, since I can see the action in the game, but I can't act?) during matches and so my hero keeps running back to the well.

God damnit, HoN, I don't need any help in being bad/having poor positioning ;|.

bzm

MrMister said:
Everyone too busy playing iSketch to play HoN. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK.
I don't think you can call what anbokr was doing "playing".

... He'd actually be much stronger as an intelligence, and that's part of why he's agility ...
confirmed for andromeda?

nilay

i never rage i am just dissapoint and then meteorain rages at my uselessness
or sanjay has a stupid idea and meteorain rages at him
actually its only meteorain who rages

Dreavus

Weird thing that no one probably cares about, but have you guys noticed that some heroes are actually unique "heroes", and others are more like generic shock troops as far as the lore is concerned? For example, it's implied that there are actually many legionnaires, martyrs, predators, scouts, behemoths, etc., but there is only one (King) Jereziah, Amun-ra, Aluna, Maliken, Mad Man, Dark Lady etc.

Anybody else find this strange? I wonder why they didn't give all the generic types some kind of unique name, kind of like in Dota. It could have easily been "[insert name] the Martyr" for the hero description, but still use "Martyr" for the announcer and stuff. Maybe it's a hold-over from Savage, where scout, predator and behemoth (among others) WERE plentiful shock troops and not supposed to be unique "individuals"? Still seems odd to me though.

IceMarker

Dreavus said:
Weird thing that no one probably cares about, but have you guys noticed that some heroes are actually unique "heroes", and others are more like generic shock troops as far as the lore is concerned? For example, it's implied that there are actually many legionnaires, martyrs, predators, scouts, behemoths, etc., but there is only one (King) Jereziah, Amun-ra, Aluna, Maliken, Mad Man, Dark Lady etc.

Anybody else find this strange? I wonder why they didn't give all the generic types some kind of unique name, kind of like in Dota. It could have easily been "[insert name] the Martyr" for the hero description, but still use "Martyr" for the announcer and stuff. Maybe it's a hold-over from Savage, where scout, predator and behemoth (among others) WERE plentiful shock troops and not supposed to be unique "individuals"? Still seems odd to me though.
I'd like to note that from the Newerth lore spanning the Savage games that the 'Savage' unit itself is the only 'shock troop' that hasn't been carried over to HoN. Nome get on it! We need a cross between Scout and Legionnaire for the Legion side!

EDIT: Actually, we're also missing Chaplain (I guess Martyr now..), ShapeShifter (Okay I guess War Beast...), Scavenger, Stalker, and Summoner.

Meeru

Banned
Nome said:
You can place 3, and they give a small amount of vision. Very small cast range (400), and they cannot be "remote" activated, though you can trigger them yourself by denying them. In other words, great for lane control, bad for vision.
Please, can we remote trigger them?

Other than that, this hero is just..awesome. Part tinker, part templar assassin, but still, a hero of its own. Love the bird..really gives that hunter/warlock taste. (I was a lvl 24 warlock in WoW)

Top Bottom