• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Kapura

Banned
created a hero that is, in my opinion, better than any of the top buckleydesigns. I don't wanna write lore for the hero or skills right now, but here's what I got:
Ancient Automaton
STR: 24 (+2.8)
INT: 15 (+1.6)
AGI: 17 (+1.4)
290 MS

Q
Bind
Mana cost: 150
Cooldown: 15
Range: 600
The automaton launches a projectile at a target enemy, stunning it for 2 seconds. Every enemy unit touched by the projectile in a 100 unit radius takes 100/150/200/250 magic damage

W
Explosive Bolts
Mana cost: 75/60/45/30
Cooldown: 45/35/25/15
The automaton blows off unneccesary armour in order to move faster
Deals 100 magic damage to enemies in a 400 radius.
Removes 20% of Automaton's maximum health (nonlethal).
For (3/5/7/9) seconds, the automaton gains 100 MS, loses (4/3/1/0) armour and loses (5/3/2/1) magic armour.

E
Will to Live
Passive
If the automaton has under (15%/25%/35%/45%) health, he gains +5 health regen.

R
Warp
Mana cost: 150/200/250
Cooldown: 70/40/15
Range: 800/900/1000
Blinks to target location, dealing (100/250/400) magic damage and applying a (20%/40%/60%) slow in a 350 unit radius.
In the first second after the blink, the Automaton is in a Warp State. During this time his Q and W abilities are disabled and he is disarmed and perplexed, but he can hit R again and return to his starting position for another 50 mana.
Staff of the Master: Warp state no longer silences, disarms, or perplexes; state lasts 2 seconds instead of 1.

Guesong

Except Tim Buckley never designed the suggested heroes skills, only their appearance, and so you hold no ground.

As such, I demand a MS Paint of the Automaton.

Also GGs tonight, though it was quite laggy for some people including me. I'll have to retry Pharaoh in better circumstances. Also when people don't forget to pause for those who leave abruptly D:

Also, I'm not backing down on my middle-lane challenge! But with Loki's bro and azuki and meeru being there...yeah, no, I'll keep my distance in these situations still. :D

IceMarker

@Let's play League
VN70o.jpg

Kapura

Banned
Guesong said:
Except Tim Buckley never designed the suggested heroes skills, only their appearance, and so you hold no ground.

As such, I demand a MS Paint of the Automaton.
Netbook + nomouse + noartskills... =...
NOPE

I know he didn't make the hero designs, but it was his deal and my design is SUPERIOR to the others.

Styles

Ultimoo said:
ksing from the carry, good work mrmr.

That's what you're suppose to do, noooooob.

So, I've just watched a replay where Chronos rewinded all of his missing health when it was in the red zone. I was like noooo, lucky bastard. Damn. Which gives me more reasons to hate AGI heroes.

I seem to struggle late game, any suggestions on how to improve? Even if I play support the ones from the opposing side seems to farm up useful items. :(

roxya

MrMister, why are you joining noob public games when you've played 440 matches ¬_¬ kinda ruins it for real noobs like me.

IceMarker

Ultimoo said:
ksing from the carry, good work mrmr.
I would agree with you, but Flint farmed the entire game, those are assists from the two times he came to lane for a team fight. Otherwise my kills were from some pro graveyards and silver bullets. Feels good man, regardless.

roxya said:
MrMister, why are you joining noob public games when you've played 440 matches ¬_¬ kinda ruins it for real noobs like me.
Because I'm playing stats games to get my psr a bit higher. Gets me in the mood for matchmaking too.

NukeDukem

Banned
Practically every game in Public has the label "NOOBS, noobs only, <.9kdr only" , but that doesnt stop players of varying experience and skill levels from joining anyway.

Sanjay

Yeah its not how many games you play but your KDR that defines if your a noob or non noob player and anything below <.9kdr are categorized as noobs by superior players like shown below as an example.

Sanjay, Noob player
15pkiud.png

proXgosu`CYA, non-noob player
11webdk.png

Meeru

Banned
Sanjay said:
Yeah its not how many games you play but your KDR that defines if your a noob or non noob player and anything below <.9kdr are categorized as noobs by superior players like shown below as an example.

That only occurs before game starts.

Dota 2 gonna have to only play safe heroes and just play tryhard 100000x. No sihlouettes or any s2-like heroes.

Templar Assassin is very squishy though sadly.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I play Support most of the time so my KDR is complete shit, think my public kdr is like 0.05.

roxya

Sanjay said:

I make a big distinction between bad players and noobs. Noob = newbie = new player, don't know what the fuck is going on half the time. Can't recognise the enemy heroes, have no idea what skills they have. That's me. :)

SeigO

Banned
Sanjay said:
proXgosu`CYA, non-noob player
Is that your smurf account or something? Because I'd still define someone with 1 deny a game as a noob. I guess you were probably being sarcastic though oh well.

Sanjay is a LoL player.

no deny, low apm, no map awareness (doesnt carry tp), afk rice and still lose, make excuses for all his mistakes, miss all his skill shots.

rac

Banned
Playing this game f2p is horrible. I just want them to let me buy a legacy account, because at the current gold/hero pricing there is no way in hell I'm paying a dime on this game.

Sanjay

roxya said:
I make a big distinction between bad players and noobs. Noob = newbie = new player, don't know what the fuck is going on half the time. Can't recognise the enemy heroes, have no idea what skills they have. That's me. :)

II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more.

That's how I view the term.

PuppetYuber said:
Sanjay is a LoL player.

no deny, low apm, no map awareness (doesnt carry tp), afk rice and still lose, make excuses for all his mistakes, miss all his skill shots.

I won my first LoL game :| went 4-4-6, played Teemo like Engineer planting mines on one spot for maximum damage.

SeigO said:
Is that your smurf account or something? Because I'd still define someone with 1 deny a game as a noob. I guess you were probably being sarcastic though oh well.

A point I would like to make, you want the support to harass and deny for you while the carry last hits in a dual lane but your statement is valid for mid lane.

rac said:
Playing this game f2p is horrible. I just want them to let me buy a legacy account, because at the current gold/hero pricing there is no way in hell I'm paying a dime on this game.

Look on ebay for legacy accounts. Just a few days ago someones account was sold to maintain their marriage so I'm guessing there's other sellers too.

rac

Banned
Sanjay said:
Look on ebay for legacy accounts. Just a few days ago someones account was sold to maintain their marriage so I'm guessing there's other sellers too.
Yeah but those are being sold for more than 30$, plus I would want to change the name for 10$ more. At that point I would rather just wait for the dota 2 beta. It just baffles me that they didn't try to draw people in with the f2p so they would want to upgrade to legacy, instead they severely overpriced the game where I don't want to buy anything.

SeigO

Banned
Sanjay said:
A point I would like to make, you want the support to harass and deny for you while the carry last hits in a dual lane but your statement is valid for mid lane.
Not really even as a carry you should be denying to keep your lane from pushing out. I'd say it's only reasonable to have no denies when you're playing a jungler.

Ikuu

They don't want people to pay $30 to upgrade when they can get them hooked and spend much more. It would have been cool if they had let people upgrade to legacy the weekend f2p went live.

rac

Banned
Archie said:
Somebody on the HoN forums did number crunching and it costs around $250 to unlock all the heroes.
Its probably better then LoL but that doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous.

Ikuu

There's a few accounts on eBay for $35 if you really want one, sure you could find one easily enough if you lurk around fansites.

I'm glad I bought this game back in beta. Don't have to deal with the locked hero situation. I think it would be nice if they offered an option for people to upgrade to a legacy account but I guess they make more money this way.

Insured

SeigO said:
Not really even as a carry you should be denying to keep your lane from pushing out. I'd say it's only reasonable to have no denies when you're playing a jungler.
Or if you're harassing full time when babysitting. And if you're not denying to deny xp/gold but to keep it from being pushed (say, no enemy hero in lane?), sometimes it's better to autoattack the sub-50% hp creeps, not necessarily land any denies. You can do an optimal job at keeping the lane at place and not get a single deny sometimes. For some (most?) people, the creep stats are more important than the actual purpose of your autoattacks >_>

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LOL that SF.

Biggest plays or biggest plays?

nara

Banned
rac said:
Yeah but those are being sold for more than 30$, plus I would want to change the name for 10$ more. At that point I would rather just wait for the dota 2 beta. It just baffles me that they didn't try to draw people in with the f2p so they would want to upgrade to legacy, instead they severely overpriced the game where I don't want to buy anything.

well they did the 10 acct for quite some time before going f2p

Valygar

I should have bought this game 2 years ago. The F2P is bad (even a bit worse than LoL I would say) and there are too many smurf accounts now thanks to F2P.

Meeru

Banned

Nome

Freakinchair said:
The debuff from mushrooms dont stack - so stacking mushrooms doesnt nothing :(

I've been playing some LoL recently, and it's quite astonishing how many of their own champions break their "anti-fun" rules. Teemo's shrooms are probably the worst offender I've come across so far.

rac

Banned
azuki said:
well they did the 10 acct for quite some time before going f2p
I'm not expecting to get a legacy account for 10$. It is my fault that I didn't jump on that deal, but that doesn't mean I have to get punished by overpriced bundles. 15 champions split between 10 people is just ridiculous, and then there's the fact that both teams are supposed to have their separate pools. That is just game breaking.

edit: Also I come off harsh here but that's only cause they hooked me. I am loving the game, and am having far more fun with it than I probably ever did in LoL. But I already did the LoL grind and I have no more effort to do it again.

Meeru

Banned
Thought this was a good comparison. Looks like the camera distance is much nicer compared to Dota 1. Posted from Playdota, not my shots.

TOP: DotA

2nd from Top: DOTA2
3rd from Top : Modified HoN camera to look like DOTA 2
Bottom : HoN standard camera

DotACamera.jpg

DOTA2Compare.jpg
HoNDOTA2.jpg

HoNStandard.jpg

Sanjay

SeigO said:

I was going to respond to this but Insured has pretty much explained what I was going to post.

Freakinchair said:
The debuff from mushrooms dont stack - so stacking mushrooms doesnt nothing :(

Never playing Teemo again :mad:

bzm

Insured said:
Or if you're harassing full time when babysitting. And if you're not denying to deny xp/gold but to keep it from being pushed (say, no enemy hero in lane?), sometimes it's better to autoattack the sub-50% hp creeps, not necessarily land any denies. You can do an optimal job at keeping the lane at place and not get a single deny sometimes. For some (most?) people, the creep stats are more important than the actual purpose of your autoattacks >_>
Sil and glad arent babysitters so thats out, and while attacking before denying is important in lane control, doesn't mean you cant time it to also deny xp. If you seriously have 1 deny/game as sil/glad you gotta rethink what youre doing in lane phase... (games where people freefarm a lane the whole time and keep it frozen come to mind, those people usually have like 50-60 denies)

Kapura

Banned
Revisions to my hurro concept:
Ancient Automaton (v2)
STR: 22 (+2.5)
INT: 16 (+1.7)
AGI: 17 (+1.4)
290 MS
Medium-long backswing (like pebbles)

Q
Bind
Mana cost: 150
Cooldown: 15
Range: 600
The automaton launches a projectile at a target enemy, stunning it for 2 seconds. Every enemy unit touched by the projectile in a 100 unit radius takes 100/150/200/250 magic damage

W
Explosive Bolts
Mana cost: 80
Cooldown: 50/40/30/20
The automaton blows off unneccesary armour in order to move faster
Deals 100 magic damage to enemies in a 400 radius.
For (3/5/7/9) seconds, the automaton gains 80 MS, loses (4/3/1/0) armour and loses (5/3/2/1) magic armour.

E
Will to Live (aka OH NOES HIS NANOMACHINES)
Passive
If the automaton has under (15%/25%/35%/45%) health, he gains +6 health regen.

R
Warp
Mana cost: 200/250/300
Cooldown: 60/40/20
Range: 800/900/1000
Blinks to target location, dealing (100/250/400) magic damage, ministunning, and applying a (20%/40%/60%) slow in a 350 unit radius.
In the first second after the blink, the Automaton is in a Warp State. During this time his Q and W abilities are disabled and he is disarmed and perplexed, but he can hit R again and return to his starting position for another 50 mana.
Staff of the Master: Warp state no longer silences, disarms, or perplexes; state lasts 2 seconds instead of 1.

Top Bottom