• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Guesong

MrMister said:
Quoted for new page.

Official support can't do jack shit. I need the help of S2 Staff. I've explained the situation in full detail on Mumble to the guys. I'm ready to quit HoN if I can't get legacy back.
I've been looking for a phone number but the only one I found was on the BBB page.

I gotta admit the situation looks ridiculous. If they were gonna go after those "illegal" accounts or whatever, they should have done so when the leak occured, not literally 3 years later.

I hope Nome will answer the call rapidly.

kagete

MrMister said:

Wow I fully commiserate with you man. You've bought tons of gold coins and buy all the premium avatars. I'd really like to hear some information or options from S2 at this point. Some of these are paying customers that are willing and currently support your product right now.

Neki

Guesong said:
I gotta admit the situation looks ridiculous. If they were gonna go after those "illegal" accounts or whatever, they should have done so when the leak occured, not literally 3 years later.

I hope Nome will answer the call rapidly.

they said they recently got help from paypal to do it.

IceMarker

Guys I really don't want to quit HoN, but I really don't want to pay for heroes I've played with for half a year, especially since I have the Alt Avatars of half of them.

Nome please help...

Nome

If any other Gaffers got fucked, send me a PM.

Also, apparently we only caught the guy recently or something. We discovered that he had "stolen" the keys by accident.

rac

Banned
Ultimoo said:
legacy accounts going to continue being legacy accounts I guess.
But I want them to take my money.

Sebulon3k said:
If they let you buy legacy accounts their F2P model would be pointless.
I wonder if more people are spending money on the game now that it is f2p. I doubt it since people know that they were selling the game for 10$ before.

edit: There is probably a huge amount of people right now that want to get better for dota 2, and overpricing heroes is probably not the way to go about getting their money.

Swag

KuGsj.gif

NukeDukem

Banned
Guesong said:
Seems like you guys like that custom UI alot.

What does it do better than the default one?

Alot of minor touches help with playing the game. Like it shows levels on upgradable items such as riftshards, you can move the windows for everything with movable frames, theres a day/night timer, creep score, k/d/a counter. It shows more information, looks good, and is more customizable than the default UI.

Kapura

Banned
Last time I'm going to pimp my BOSS-ASS HERO CONCEPT in this thread: I made a thread in hero suggestions for him if you'd like to keep up with the design here

Guesong

So the Geomancer Hero Spotlight video is up.

Can't say I'm too excited, he sounded much more awesome that what he seems to be.

Efficient but boring, I guess.

Phandy

Guesong said:
So the Geomancer Hero Spotlight video is up.

Can't say I'm too excited, he sounded much more awesome that what he seems to be.

Efficient but boring, I guess.

Best thing about it was the new courier. Nyan cat is gonna be godlike.
It should play the nyan cat song when its got its speed boost activated.

kinger256

Tried Legionnaire out today. Amazingly fun hero. Great farming tools + tanky + good ult to ks with.

Also jungling with WB is so annoying. Hounds cost way to much mana for something that can barely tank, considering his base intellect. Mana potions are a pain to use due to the Minotaur and Catmans aoe spells. Even when you're killing medium or light camps there's a chance that the AI randomly switches targets to you when you've send your wolves in first (and also a pain when towers do it too). You have no escape mechanism until level 6, so if mid lane gets a haste rune near the jungle it's gg. I hear in dota, lycan got nerfed recently due to imbalance, which blows my mind considering they have little to no difference in skills and stat gains. Any tips on jungling with WB?

nara

Banned
kinger256 said:
Tried Legionnaire out today. Amazingly fun hero. Great farming tools + tanky + good ult to ks with.

Also jungling with WB is so annoying. Hounds cost way to much mana for something that can barely tank, considering his base intellect. Mana potions are a pain to use due to the Minotaur and Catmans aoe spells. Even when you're killing medium or light camps there's a chance that the AI randomly switches targets to you when you've send your wolves in first (and also a pain when towers do it too). You have no escape mechanism until level 6, so if mid lane gets a haste rune near the jungle it's gg. I hear in dota, lycan got nerfed recently due to imbalance, which blows my mind considering they have little to no difference in skills and stat gains. Any tips on jungling with WB?

ring of basillus

Meeru

Banned
Like azuki said, start with ring of basi, no tangoes needed. U rush for vlads. Pulling creeps is dome yo conserve mana. Once u hit lvl 5 or so you can fight higher lvled creeps.

kinger256

Meeru said:
Like azuki said, start with ring of basi, no tangoes needed. U rush for vlads. Pulling creeps is dome yo conserve mana. Once u hit lvl 5 or so you can fight higher lvled creeps.

I used to get ring first but I've seen a lot of high mmr players rush blood chalice instead of going ring, so i've been getting that instead. I'll try it with ring again.

I tried Plague Rider today for the first time and ended up getting a score of 20/5/17.

His ultimate is so strong. I can just fire it at random in a team fight and get kills. Someone on my team recommended that I get spellshards which increased my damage by a nice amount.

I also tried Accursed for a while and liked him a lot. I like that he can deal a nice bit of damage while supporting his team at the same time.

I also like how his free ultimate can turn the tide of a fight, especially a 1 v 1.

I also wanted to ask; is it better to use Accursed' ultimate as soon as you start taking damage? Or should I save it for when my health gets low. I always think that if I leave it till my health gets low, then my enemy will stop attacking me and run until it's over so they can just turn around and finish me off.

bzm

high level players? fucking no one gets chalice on wb over basi
-
I don't like spellshards on pr, so many other items that would be more helpful imo. astrolabe, barrier idol, stormspirit/sheep, pk (situational)
Try to accursed ulti on the most damaging spells, like if you can get it off and eat a pyro ult you get to heuehuehuehue in his face

delirium

Greetings these early patch notes are brought to you by me cause waiting sucks. However since these are early patch notes if something doesn't or does make it into client it might of changed last minute.
Version 2.1.6
The current Free Heroes have changed. The current available list is:
Forsaken Archer
Arachna
Soul Reaper
Maliken
Madman
Legionnaire
Amun-Ra
Tundra
Pyromancer
Deadwood
Slither
Bubbles
Glacius
Jeraziah
Keeper of the Forest
Matchmaking groups are now persistent
After a match or when a game fails to be made you will still be in the same group you were in before for easy requeueing
Made some adjustments to the matchmaking algorithm that should match up groups with other groups much closer to their MMR value than before
Groups of 5 solo players will no longer be matched against a full group of 5 under any circumstances
Made several improvements to decrease the chances of players failing to load into a matchmaking games, especially for matchmaking groups with multiple players on one IP address that are behind overly strict routers/firewalls (causing grey circles)
Adjusted how the PSR/MMR calculations work slightly and put a low end cap of 750 PSR/MMR
Any players who are below this value will have their PSR/MMR adjusted up to 750 after the patch
Over the weekend we plan to turn on and test a new feature we've been working on: match stat re-submissions
If at any time a game server is unable to submit match stats properly at the end of the game, it will let players in game know that the match submission failed, and attempt to re-submit the stats from that match at a later time (normally within 15-30 minutes)
To those that have experienced frustration due to matches not being recorded in the past, we apologize. Moving forward we are taking serious action to mitigate this sort of occurrence from happening and want to thank everybody for their patience with us
When receiving an incoming whisper coming from ClanWhisper or BuddyWhisper the game client will no longer add the sender to the /reply history
This is to stop players from having a conversation, getting a clan or buddy whisper, typing /r and then realizing they sent the message to a person they didn't intend to
Fixed a crash with an unexpected format for JPEG custom account icons
Fixed projectiles stopping mid-air if the touch active schemes were invalid
Buildings in the bases now have 0 death time so they don't block movement after death
Current Health and Mana Regen are now shown on the right side of the bars
Touched up all of the Taunt voice responses in the game to be more clear and able to be heard well
Wards - Attacks will always hit wards now, no more uphill miss chance against them - Now have 4 max health, each hit takes off 1 health
Added a New Hero: Geomancer
Based off the Intelligence Community Contest Winner
Added a new Early Access Limited Edition Alt Avatar: Centipedalisk
Added a new Alt Avatar: Sub Zero Accursed
Added a new Taunt: Heavy Metal Taunt
Fixes to Monkey King so auto leveling his abilities through a Guide will work properly

I fucking love the ward change. No more missing uphill hits to counterward.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
azuki said:
Haha they added the health and mana Regen just like in Dota 2
Good change, beforehand, you'd have to hover over your stats to view.

Probably going to buy Geomancer with some of my free gold coins. His alt-avatar isn't a simple reskin like the other EA heroes.

Styles

delirium said:
I fucking love the ward change. No more missing uphill hits to counterward.

I don't know how many times I've died due to this. You try to help and what do you get? death. Hopefully now I won't shatter into shards as often when playing Glacius.

Guesong

Lyphen said:
Good change, beforehand, you'd have to hover over your stats to view.

Probably going to buy Geomancer with some of my free gold coins. His alt-avatar isn't a simple reskin like the other EA heroes.

Yeah, I was tempted by that as well, his alt looks much sweeter than his regular skin.

But I have no coins. :( Oh well.

Current Health and Mana Regen are now shown on the right side of the bars

Heeeeeeeellllooooo DoTA2 influence.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Someone made a mod that replaces the item name and icon with the Dota2 equivalent, also changes the hero name and portrait on the selection screen.

Sanjay

"Fixes to Monkey King so auto leveling his abilities through a Guide will work properly"

See it was not my fault getting stats 16 times!

Top Bottom