• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I'm not sure if he was the only one, but he was certainly the main one from my impression.

Every team or game he's played he's burned the bridges behind him. No idea why C9 would want him over Fan just for philosophical differences...think I'd rather have the player who is equally good but maybe sees the game different than the player who is about the same but gradually eats up every team he's ever joined.

To me they are equivalent level of player, so it's a strange move. I'm sure it'll work out short term, but the blowup is almost pre-ordained.

kirblar

I'm not sure if he was the only one, but he was certainly the main one from my impression.

Every team or game he's played he's burned the bridges behind him. No idea why C9 would want him over Fan just for philosophical differences...think I'd rather have the player who is equally good but maybe sees the game different than the player who is about the same but gradually eats up every team he's ever joined.
Fan looks like a god to sponsors now too - he now has a resume winning 3 different "majors" on 3 different teams.

Alur

Fan looks like a god to sponsors now too - he now has a resume winning 3 different "majors" on 3 different teams.

Fan is as close as HOTS can get to a Faker, I suppose, at least for the moment.

Surely they will get a good sponsor out of this + the obvious support they have with the crowdfunding.

TSM sponsoring them would be too good. I would actually buy a TSM shirt for that shit, not even lying. Other than that, not sure what name really moves that needle that isn't already attached besides Evil Geniuses.

Maledict

I don't think the ability works right if you can interrupt it- it's because it's airborne.

So is Falstads - they are basically the same ability but for some reason Muradin got to keep his unstoppable and everyone else lost theirs.

It's not a major thing (abilities shouldn't be the same!), I just curious as to the thinking behind it when they seemed to be on a purge of unstoppable effects,

He's a very slippery dwarf which I always find an odd concept for his character... ;-). You expect the tankyness, you don't expect 'one of the hardest characters in the game to pin down'.

kirblar

So is Falstads - they are basically the same ability but for some reason Muradin got to keep his unstoppable and everyone else lost theirs.

It's not a major thing (abilities shouldn't be the same!), I just curious as to the thinking behind it when they seemed to be on a purge of unstoppable effects,

He's a very slippery dwarf which I always find an odd concept for his character... ;-)
Falstad lost his unstoppable on his E, not his flight. E doesn't go airborne and cause issues when interrupted.

Maledict

That's what I don't really understand TBH - it's obviously something to do with how the engine works. In practise however, the only difference is that one is unstoppable and the other isn't - getting stunned mid barrel roll across scenery certainly *feels* weird as hell!

kirblar

That's what I don't really understand TBH - it's obviously something to do with how the engine works. In practise however, the only difference is that one is unstoppable and the other isn't - getting stunned mid barrel roll across scenery certainly *feels* weird as hell!
It's because the SC2 engine supports vertical terrain - HOTS just doesn't actively use it. Stuff like Lunara's leap, Falstad's fly, and Muradin's toss require unstoppable to prevent weird things from happening. It's part of what allows the funny Sonya/VP interaction.

Maledict

On an amusing side note, I got my first aggressive whisper from the enemy team last night after a quick match. We wanted to practise Tyrande : Diablo, so queued as them plus Thrall plus Raynor. We got a random Lunara as our team mate, and ran into a five stack. We beat them quite easily, and afterwards got a passive aggressive whisper about being try hards and ruining quick match.

On the one hand, that is a bit true. On the other hand, if you queue as a five stack with Cho'gall AND Gazlowe you don't have any room to complain if you lose...

jetsetrez

I'll never understand why "tryhard" is a supposed to be some sort of insult. I guess it's like saying the person that wants to do well in class is a nerd, but I *want* the "tryhards" on my team, and I *always* want to win and try my best to do so. When I get matched with people who give up easily or don't understand the momentum of the game and start whining, it is one of the few things I don't enjoy when playing the game.

We gotta get this thread to OT2, c'mon boys! Fill em fulla daylight!

Maledict

They were mocking us for taking three giant killers. I mean, what were people supposed to do, pick bad talents on purpose?

Not that you even need the giant killer, flip, stun mark and then body block killed him repeatedly before 13 any ways. Poor Cho'gall.

Alright here's a HOTS mechanic I've heard argued for a while but I'm not sure of what's correct. Do you gain more post-game experience (you know, for leveling your hero from 1 to 20) if you kill more structures in-game? Or is post-game experience only based on the duration of the match plus a victory bonus?

Milly79

Wtf. So I go to sleep during game 3, where they were getting beat, but not out. Wake up, they lost? The fuck.

I wasn't impressed with Arth at all. He did nothing Fan couldn't have done. Oh well. It's only one tourney.

Maledict

Didn't someone say one of the reasons they replaced can was because his hero pool is too similar to other players, so it restricted their draft? ,Arth lets then play other comps and roles which will help them in the long run.

Have to say, after their utter humiliation of Tempo Storm I'm surprised they lose. The tourney write ups I saw didn't mention that for some reason, but it was easily the most one sided top level game of Heroes I've ever seen. They made tempo look like quick match players.

Looking forward to the vods of the finals tonight - apparently Mac was playing some amazing Falsatd, and the secret of the Tailwind build seems to finally be out there...

protonium

Wtf. So I go to sleep during game 3, where they were getting beat, but not out. Wake up, they lost? The fuck.

I wasn't impressed with Arth at all. He did nothing Fan couldn't have done. Oh well. It's only one tourney.

BHB ResidentSleeper

C9 got played in the last draft on DS. BRFC picked up ETC and banned Mura and Leo. C9 picked up Zera ... because he worked out so well for BRFC in the series? Team fight moments with Arthelon forgetting he's Raynor, and not Lunara, attacking 5 different targets in team fights to low HP and not focusing one down. They didn't stay tight KappaRoss

BRFC's aggressive plays worked out in their favour in those last two games.

Ggs all around.

protonium

TFW you have a Nova with GP and 11 deaths on your team, while the rest of the team has 3-6 deaths, vs a Nova with GP and 0 deaths on the other.

Maledict

Yep, Greymane tomorrow (Wednesday for Euro as usual). Heroes Facebook page has started to be updated with him on the front, which means he is coming.

Please, please, please God be useable. I will naturally be avoiding hero league like the plague for the next week...

(Blizzard please put a ban on new heroes in hero league for a week when release PLEASE!)

brian!

Best part of tourney was zoia giving zuna rightful praise while the chat was like huh i dont get it he's too aggressive

The team not tilting after wacky kenma stuff bodes well for them too

Alur

Zuna must have some thick ass skin.

All four other players could fuck up 3x, but if Zuna even steps into the front line for any reason...

ZUNA FEED SMOrc

Alur

Yes, he looked genuinely thrilled which is pretty awesome to see in this. Usually you just get a fist pump or something. He got shackled with a bad team he had to carry before, and then sat on the shelf through the biggest part of the "season"...I'd say that was pretty cathartic.

lol, and everyone insulting their team and their weight, saying they'd get sponsored by McDonald's or Funyuns. Never change reddit/Twitch.

Alur

I suspect we'll hear about that before the end of the month. I didn't expect it to start til late February or March anyway.

protonium

Yes, he looked genuinely thrilled which is pretty awesome to see in this. Usually you just get a fist pump or something. He got shackled with a bad team he had to carry before, and then sat on the shelf through the biggest part of the "season"...I'd say that was pretty cathartic.

lol, and everyone insulting their team and their weight, saying they'd get sponsored by McDonald's or Funyuns. Never change reddit/Twitch.

Who's the bald guy on BRFC, Kenma or Erho? As he said, haters gonna hate.

Alur

I might actually fangirl out if someone like TSM got 'em.

They are a huge, huge risk as a team IMO...but they also have the highest upside and highest ceiling of any team available or that appears like it will be available in the near future.

Kioshen

Alright here's a HOTS mechanic I've heard argued for a while but I'm not sure of what's correct. Do you gain more post-game experience (you know, for leveling your hero from 1 to 20) if you kill more structures in-game? Or is post-game experience only based on the duration of the match plus a victory bonus?

AFAIK, it's the amount of team xp you accumulate during a game when it finishes. Nothing more than that.

Alur

Zuna has ties to clg so that's a possibility too

Yeah, any big org like that is what I'd be excited about.

I'm no big fan of any of em, but it'd be great for the scene to get a name like that putting money in.

And the TSM hype + BM would be an amazing addition.

AFAIK, it's the amount of team xp you accumulate during a game when it finishes. Nothing more than that.

I'm 98% sure it's just time elapsed. I did my RAF by AFKing one account in games in training mode (running two accounts at once) and the AI leaves structures up in some lanes often and the EXP is always pretty steady based on the time played. Don't think your amount of kills or structures has anything to do with it...otherwise you'd get less EXP when you lose fairly often compared to the opposing team due to likely having left more structures standing, but that's not the case. You only lose out on the victory bonus.

I'm 98% sure it's just time elapsed. I did my RAF by AFKing one account in games in training mode (running two accounts at once) and the AI leaves structures up in some lanes often and the EXP is always pretty steady based on the time played. Don't think your amount of kills or structures has anything to do with it...otherwise you'd get less EXP when you lose fairly often compared to the opposing team due to likely having left more structures standing, but that's not the case. You only lose out on the victory bonus.

I agree with Alur here. I'm almost entirely sure it's purely time based (plus win bonus in QM or HL). I was hoping there'd be a clear consensus though here at GAF and not 2 replies that contradict each other, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom