• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Yep, it is. I almost always find more uses for the blind, myself. Beam is great for chasing someone out but securing kills is hard as hell with all the mobility.

Also, why the fuck is there so many slows in the game? It's insane.

Maledict

Yep, it is. I almost always find more uses for the blind, myself. Beam is great for chasing someone out but securing kills is hard as hell with all the mobility.

Also, why the fuck is there so many slows in the game? It's insane.

The purifier is picked a lot less remember, and when its picked it tends to be for a speciic reason. There are some heroes that purifier basically removes from the game so it should be an auto pick

(e.g. chromie. she can do literally nothing whilst purifier is on her).

Alavard

I know this new 'armor' is basically just a name change and something that will occasionally be built into a hero's baseline, but I do think it's going to eventually lead to heroes with 'armor penetration'. They're not going to be able to help themselves.

Maledict

They named the armour system wrong BTW, and they will have to change it at some point if they want the game to remain transparent to new players.

It's not spell / physical damage. There is no such thing as spell and physical damage in the game. There is ability damage and auto attacks, and it should be called that.

Raynor's Penetrating Round is a physical blast from his gun - but counts as a spell.
Li-Ming's auto attack is a spell cast from her wand - but counts as physical.

Just call it what it is!

Tricked esports picked up Alex' team. Never heard of the org but that is true for all orgs in esports
The purifier is picked a lot less remember, and when its picked it tends to be for a speciic reason. There are some heroes that purifier basically removes from the game so it should be an auto pick

(e.g. chromie. she can do literally nothing whilst purifier is on her).
I love it so much against medic.

Ketch

Did I miss where they explain how armor works?

Like they add it without saying what it is....

Also anubarak nerfs seem unneeded.

Maledict

Anub'araks weird. I mean, the 25% permanent spell armour is huge. He's death walking to mages now, I don't think any of them can hope to do anything against him. But the nerf to his hitpoints just means sustained damage dealers will annihilate him, like Raynor, tychus, Valla, Thrall etc. You know, the entire meta at the moment.

I guess he will remain an extremely niche pick against specific comps that don't run much auto attack damage (Alarak and a mage comps perhaps), but it's defnitely not going to make him viable for normal play I think?

(Could be wrong, 25% less damage from every ability is fantastic. But so is 400 health at level 20).

Ketch

Anub'araks weird. I mean, the 25% permanent spell armour is huge. He's death walking to mages now, I don't think any of them can hope to do anything against him. But the nerf to his hitpoints just means sustained damage dealers will annihilate him, like Raynor, tychus, Valla, Thrall etc. You know, the entire meta at the moment.

I guess he will remain an extremely niche pick against specific comps that don't run much auto attack damage (Alarak and a mage comps perhaps), but it's defnitely not going to make him viable for normal play I think?

(Could be wrong, 25% less damage from every ability is fantastic. But so is 400 health at level 20).

They could have just given him the buff and let it play out to see.

So is it just 1 armor = 1% resistance? Because they don't actually say that anywhere do they?

Maledict

Yes, 1 armour = 1 resistance. They haven't spelt it out very clearly, but that's what the original blog post from last month was talking about.

Wonder if Greymane's 10% damage reduction will be enough to bring him back a bit?

brian!

It's not nearly enough imo but upping defences on worgen rather than dmg is a good way to buff it

Oh actually he gets both phys and ability reduc so i dunno

kirblar

Jake switching everything over to "Arcane8" instead of retaining his personal branding (and collating it later on) is quite possibly the dumbest self-inflicted wound I've seen anyone do to themselves.

matmanx1

I'm not really experienced enough to be able to intelligently comment on the patch notes and how they will affect the game but Zul'jin scares me a little bit. That beserker toggle adds some depth and complication to his play. I will be eagerly awaiting what the community can do with him.

Did they just buff him?

Shiiit

Ketch

Jake switching everything over to "Arcane8" instead of retaining his personal branding (and collating it later on) is quite possibly the dumbest self-inflicted wound I've seen anyone do to themselves.

Yep. Arcane8 is the name you pick when Arcane is already taken.

Not surprised jake continues to be a bonehead tho.

I feel like the path to YouTube/twitch/heroes money was right there in front him and all he had to do was walk down it. but instead he was like "nah, I'm just gonna sit here"

Alur

I could sworn that the game said it was gonna be up at 9 AM PST the past few days, but now it's 1.

EDIT: Or clearly past 1, actually.

Alavard

Apparently the game came back after normal 3 hour maintenance but everyone had a whole bunch of extra gold for no reason, so they had to take it back down immediately. Feels like a big database error to me, that they're frantically trying to fix.

Skab

Ugh, Zul'jins voice bothers me. Its wrong. Way too deep. *pushes up nerd glasses*

He should sound like this, damn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmndxoF74qQ

Edit: Okay his trait makes his attacks play didgeridoo sounds. Best hero.

Double Edit: Fuck, bear mount is only available in the Zul'jin bundle. Not sure I can justify dropping $22 for that :\

Ketch

Ketch doesn't believe in reading chat in game.

sorry yea. mostly just being distracted

also, I wish the game would give more info on the heroes... like I want to know the stats on like zuljin's hp and damage vs other heroes but i have to go to the 3rd party website to see. kind of lame.

also his stats look crazy.

and the Q talents look very strong.

Alavard

Can't comment on his strength yet, but Zul'jin feels great in action. Surprisingly, stutter stepping isn't a nightmare with his changing attack speed.

The concept of armor and the patch notes relating to it seem pretty half-baked and poorly explained. Greymane gets an unspecified 10 Armor in Worgen form (assuming physical), Anub gets 25 Spell Armor and Arthas 15 Physical Armor. The blue post linked to in the patch notes isn't exactly illuminating either, it's just a general statement of where they would like to go with warriors (more active damage mitigation) and healers (less impactful healing on targets without damage mitigation?).

For a game that's aiming to be the most approachable and easy to pick up MOBA, it's starting to get a little obtuse. It should just be auto-attack and ability armor. It could get confusing when there's auto-attack abilities that look magical and abilities that look physical. The concept should be as plain as possible.

Alur

Zul'jin feels pretty good boys.

Milly and I went two different talent builds, played them each two games a piece. Both of us got MVP in our two games with that easy top damage. He's pretty fun to play...would've really killed the enemy teams if every damn one of them hadn't had Artanis. That negated a significant amount of damage.

Also, fuck Artanis. Tired of seeing that yolo dashing hipster in every game.

Milly79

Zul'jin is almost definitely going to get an damage reduction. Calling it now.

The only issue I was having was W was a bit awkward to land. And I think the axe ult is almost definitely going to be the go too. It's too safe.

Maledict

Yeah, Artanis feels nuts right now. Messing around with him and even I was dominating games and I'm shit on heroes like that. TBH it feels more like his damage is too high compared to anything else - he can go toe to toe with melee assassins and often win, yet he has ridiculous game changing CC and is far tougher.

Not sure at all what / if anything needs nerfing, because he's risen in win rates significantly and is now omnipresent I'm finding. I honestly don't know what beats him either, because a successful swap is even deadlier than a hook and it's on a much shorter cooldown post 13.

brian!

Yeah, Artanis feels nuts right now. Messing around with him and even I was dominating games and I'm shit on heroes like that. TBH it feels more like his damage is too high compared to anything else - he can go toe to toe with melee assassins and often win, yet he has ridiculous game changing CC and is far tougher.

Not sure at all what / if anything needs nerfing, because he's risen in win rates significantly and is now omnipresent I'm finding. I honestly don't know what beats him either, because a successful swap is even deadlier than a hook and it's on a much shorter cooldown post 13.

the q backwards into instant e was the first time i thought about enabling smartcast but nahhh. if i had to nerf something I'd want to make the swap less...good of a trade? like swapping a rehgar in and putting your body into them is too good of a trade and the counterplay from rehgar is pretty low

Alur

Zul'jin is almost definitely going to get an damage reduction. Calling it now.

The only issue I was having was W was a bit awkward to land. And I think the axe ult is almost definitely going to be the go too. It's too safe.

I dunno, you didn't even try the other. The other guarantees you can get a kill (or two or three) and should guarantee you live if your healer is paying any attention. It may be comp dependent though.

The other one does have a shorter cooldown, but I'm still not sure how much damage it does.

When did the charge dash/swap Artanis become a thing? I don't remember that being part of Artanis' kit when he first came out and now it seems like there's an Artanis in almost every match doing dash swaps that put a target as far back as a Stitches hook.

Artanis can do most of what Stitches can, only he's better as a melee hero. .

brian!

pretty recent change, they teased it on ptr a while back but finally implemented it in the patch w/ dehaka/diablo buffs
the q backwards into e kind of feels like you're breaking the game lol, im into it tho

Milly79

I dunno, you didn't even try the other. The other guarantees you can get a kill (or two or three) and should guarantee you live if your healer is paying any attention. It may be comp dependent though.

The other one does have a shorter cooldown, but I'm still not sure how much damage it does.

Yeah, I'm willing to try it at some point, but the range on the other + shorter cd wins out for me on paper.

And it does a ton of damage. You saw what I did to that Tychus and He was pretty far away from me. I was a little less than half and it chunked him to 1 bar.

I dont get Auriel ult, both are risky with no reward

OK WHAT IF A KAELTHAS MOTHERFUCKER

LOOKING AT YOUR GIRL

GOING LIKE 'HEY GIRL YOU WANNA GET ON FIRE'

AND HE SHOOTS A PYROBLAST AT HER

That's where Auriel swoops in and encases her in a prism. Bam. Damage negated.

.....revive tho? Revive isn't good atm.

Ketch

I thinobtheycan dingo is the niche pick for sure. Like solo q QM or specific team comps. Burst damage I think puts guitine over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom