• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

OK WHAT IF A KAELTHAS MOTHERFUCKER

LOOKING AT YOUR GIRL

GOING LIKE 'HEY GIRL YOU WANNA GET ON FIRE'

AND HE SHOOTS A PYROBLAST AT HER

That's where Auriel swoops in and encases her in a prism. Bam. Damage negated.

.....revive tho? Revive isn't good atm.

mr encase your girl

OK WHAT IF A KAELTHAS MOTHERFUCKER

LOOKING AT YOUR GIRL

GOING LIKE 'HEY GIRL YOU WANNA GET ON FIRE'

AND HE SHOOTS A PYROBLAST AT HER

That's where Auriel swoops in and encases her in a prism. Bam. Damage negated.

.....revive tho? Revive isn't good atm.

I slap enemies with Q , not seeing good damage, W is funny, E is like not enough edges to stun people.

I need to try the crystal ultimate

brian!

the no dying ult feels like it lasts a really long time, like that's max power zuljin + talents too
on the other hand he dies instantly and has no escapes, like he probably wants that 20% range at lvl1 pretty badly

Milly79

Stim drone + zj is hilarious

Alternatively, I just witnessed dunk and jhow get beat by barackobama and donaldtrump

Jake may have lost tonight's thh thanks to swapping channels...

Do you guys know what the price of the Emberlord Zul'jin bundle would be if I bought Zul'jin with gold beforehand? Not sure how the dynamic pricing works exactly and can't find any solid info on it...

sorry yea. mostly just being distracted

also, I wish the game would give more info on the heroes... like I want to know the stats on like zuljin's hp and damage vs other heroes but i have to go to the 3rd party website to see. kind of lame.

also his stats look crazy.

and the Q talents look very strong.

if you hit c you get all the info on a hero, hard to compare them though

Skab

I know I'll probably get shit for saying it, but Li Ming is fucking stupid.

I don't understand why shes allowed to burst as hard as she does, as easily as she does. It's incredibly un-fun to play against.

What about her E, I am not sure how to land it

It's a straight-CC ability, you want to position yourself so that when you hit someone, they get knocked back into a wall so that the stun procs.

It's a bit hard to land because of it's range, and it can prove risky, but it's a strong disengage~!

patchday

oh snap the troll chief already out. To spend my cash or not to spend.... I've been wanting a Troll hero for so long....

They making so many good heroes how can they crank out so many so fast...

scoobs

I don't understand why shes allowed to burst as hard as she does, as easily as she does. It's incredibly un-fun to play against.

you're not alone my friend, fuck that hero.

Zul'jin is extremely fun to play. Huge risk, huge reward. You are doing such ridiculous AA damage when you are low HP + berserker + Q on someone. Seems like Tazdingo is the go-to ult if you have a support on your team that is paying attention, otherwise just go with the guillotine.

Celegus

She's not nearly as bad as she used to be, but still pretty annoying. I don't like playing her anymore because of the calamity change - I can't stand playing heroes that don't have wave clear. Straight assassins like Li Ming, Chromie, Nova, etc (not ETC)... barf.

So glad we finally have a troll!!!

Samuro is fun to use against not-Troll Warlord, so long as you have Wind Walk off of CD. You can just Wind Walk away from Tazdingo, even had one die to my illusions after it ended.

kirblar

Yes it does

@killerdark you can't get the bundle if you own the hero
15 bucks I think It's 22.50 for 25% off 10/10/10 so taking the hero away gets you 7.5/7.5
Do you guys know what the price of the Emberlord Zul'jin bundle would be if I bought Zul'jin with gold beforehand? Not sure how the dynamic pricing works exactly and can't find any solid info on it...
This is only the case for 2-item bundles. Zul'Jin's a 3-piece becaus of the mount.

(THIS IS ALSO WHY THEY KEEP PUTTING OUT MOUNTS)

Alur

It's not often I'm right, but the exact build that is the most popular for Zul'jin thus far is the one I used today. I even called thinking it would be the best based on how well it did.

Pretty sure that range talent at 1 is a gimme.

kirblar

It's not often I'm right, but the exact build that is the most popular for Zul'jin thus far is the one I used today. I even called thinking it would be the best based on how well it did.

Pretty sure that range talent at 1 is a gimme.
Whats the build?

Alur

1 - You Want Axe (20% range)
4 - Let The Killing Begin (attack speed boost on kills (both minions and heroes) helps with waveclear, snowballs in teamfights)
7 - Recklessness (25% damage increase below 50% health)
10 - Taz'Dingo
13 - Forest Medicine (no channel on his E to heal)
16 - Ferocity (Beserker attack speed buff increased to 40%)
20 - Amani Resliience (50% of damage taken during Taz'Dingo returned as a heal)

At 4, Troll's Blood (E heals for 75% more) is also p good IMO.

At 10, Guillotine also sounds good now that I know it's damage gets a boost from the trait as well.

At 13, Eye of Zul'jin would be great if you had a dedicated healer and the E channel wasn't a concern. 25% movespeed yum.

At 20, Ensnare sounds interesting as well. If I had one problem while playing Zul'jin, it was people walking away from me and not being able to keep up. This would prevent that.

scoobs

Ya thats the build, but I preferred the massive increase on his heal at 4. I'm pretty sure its going to be bad, but I kind of want to try his AP build.. With the +25% AP buff, a W double hit + guillotine is going to do some silly burst damage.

Alur

I didn't try the heal boost on his E at 4 yet, but I'm sure it's good. Not sure if Milly tried that one or not. I think if you have a healer in your group you can rely on you could probably skip that one, but def both of those 4 talents are viable IMO.

Alur

Not worth it over the attack speed buff IMO. Literally every hero has a slow at this point in the game. Every team fight is full of em. Might be useful for skirmishes I guess.

Not to mention that skill in general is pretty unreliable IMO. You can hit it, especially if you don't use Quick Cast, but I agree with scoobs it's kind of just there.

Ketch

Not worth it over the attack speed buff IMO. Literally every hero has a slow at this point in the game. Every team fight is full of em. Might be useful for skirmishes I guess.

Not to mention that skill in general is pretty unreliable IMO. You can hit it, especially if you don't use Quick Cast, but I agree with scoobs it's kind of just there.

Well I think the net at 20 is the pick, but I'm just saying if you're not getting the net you could pick the slow instead. It's not like you're hurting for attack speed, especially if you're getting the lvl 20 heal.

I think the Chop at 10 and net at 20 is the way to go when you've got a reliable healer/team. Gives him burst and lock down which is like the only thing his kit is missing.

I think tazdingo is a gimmick that people will solve fairly soon. The heal at 20 is its saving grace from being like pyroblast tier.

scoobs

Well I think the net at 20 is the pick, but I'm just saying if you're not getting the net you could pick the slow instead. It's not like you're hurting for attack speed, especially if you're getting the lvl 20 heal.

I think the Chop at 10 and net at 20 is the way to go when you've got a reliable healer/team. Gives him burst and lock down which is like the only thing his kit is missing.

I think tazdingo is a gimmick that people will solve fairly soon. The heal at 20 is its saving grace from being like pyroblast tier.

Idk man, being unkillable and becoming a damage turret for 4 seconds is pretty powerful if supported correctly. I'm almost positive master/pro-level players will find it the more viable choice. Imagine, if you will, a kharazim palm placed on him at the end of Taz'Dingo.... Or a Tassadar/Zarya shield, or divine shield. There are some fairly incredible possibilities here. He can obliterate an entire team by himself at that low of HP.

With the Guillotine ult, you're just relying on 1 shotting someone, and in high level play that will be easily countered by a good support player (aegis, etc.) Also its not easy to hit by any means. Also it does jack shit for damage unless you're low HP so half of the time its useless.

But I've only played him two times, so obviously I'm not an expert here. These are just my suspicions after playing 2 games lol. You may very well be right.

patchday

wow looks like a lot of other folks been looking forward to Zul'jin as well

I was a 'Troll' Shaman in World of Warcraft its great to see this magnificent race finally get some representation

15 bucks I think It's 22.50 for 25% off 10/10/10 so taking the hero away gets you 7.5/7.5

This is only the case for 2-item bundles. Zul'Jin's a 3-piece becaus of the mount.

(THIS IS ALSO WHY THEY KEEP PUTTING OUT MOUNTS)

Thanks! Ended up doing this and it was $15 for the skin/mount.

brian!

just reading through zul jin's stuff

he's a high dmg auto attacker w/ no mobility and low utility, so with that as his identity he will always be bad unless he's overtuned.

looking at his talents this seems like the build to me:

1. range
4. atspd
7. viscious attacks/recklessness if you are going taz, but even then vicious is good
10. both seem decent, guillotine needs help to land against anyone who knows what they are doing, basically a worse chromie w but still useful on a character like zul
13. movement speed off of q, voodoo shuffle can be good, like his main weakness is cc. forest medicine can be good but the heal amount is low. to me that talent should be baseline on the e.
16. atspd
20. situational, but take amani if you went taz

cant think of a reason to use him over say valla or guldan, unless spell armor really starts to take off
he can probably poop on ppl who don't know how to trade
regeneration is pretty bad, but it saves you from dot deaths

matmanx1

Zu'jin does crazy aa damage at anything under half health. Talk about a glass cannon. I believe he's going to have a higher skill ceiling than most assassin's due to the way that you need to juggle his health bar and knowing when to engage or back off. Still, he's fun to play so Blizzard got that part right, at least.

scoobs

just reading through zul jin's stuff

he's a high dmg auto attacker w/ no mobility and low utility, so with that as his identity he will always be bad unless he's overtuned.

looking at his talents this seems like the build to me:

1. range
4. atspd
7. viscious attacks/recklessness if you are going taz, but even then vicious is good
10. both seem decent, guillotine needs help to land against anyone who knows what they are doing, basically a worse chromie w but still useful on a character like zul
13. movement speed off of q, voodoo shuffle can be good, like his main weakness is cc. forest medicine can be good but the heal amount is low. to me that talent should be baseline on the e.
16. atspd
20. situational, but take amani if you went taz

cant think of a reason to use him over say valla or guldan, unless spell armor really starts to take off
he can probably poop on ppl who don't know how to trade
regeneration is pretty bad, but it saves you from dot deaths
#1 reason you take him is he does WAY more AA damage than Valla. He fucking destroys uncontested. Shit, contested he destroys even more cuz at low HP he will melt anyone and everyone.

brian!

it'd be really cool if his heal being available during moving was attached to the base e, you could then do w -> heal/kite or q (w/ lvl 13 talent) -> heal/kite
his waveclear seems pretty shitty (he should be generating way less hope than valla or guldy), he does better w/ a tass than greymane, but greymane kills faster and does objectives faster

his winrate should be a bit higher than it is right now imo since everyone is doing rehgar/thral/dibble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom