• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Apathy

wow, I was amazed at how easy it was to pick up Lucio. I didn't have time to read any of his skills, I just played him like I do in Overwatch. And won us the match.

Zarya is my best character in Overwatch but I haven't had much luck with her in HOTS. It feels like my Zarya skills translate better to Tassadar.

I started the game like 2 weeks ago to get a head start on possible loot boxes (cause I like loot boxes) not really expecting to like it much. In that time, I've found a lot of heroes I didn't think I would like that really resonated with me (and obviously some that don't). The game has really dragged me in to play it, if even just casually, more than I can say for every other MOBA.

hey guys would anyone be interested in helping me with the 5 matches quest thing? I've never really played much of this before and could use a hand im in europe as well if that makes a difference?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does Chromie just do stupid damge or what? I was in a lane against one last night as Butcher and I couldnt do shit. She kept sniping at me with the laser, I avoided the aoe most of the time but everytie I tried to do the charge, she stopped time lol ;_;

the laser really hurt too, I ws flabergasted :(

edit: also reading the previous page, I will share my Lucio love, he seems super fun and its killing me that I bought Auriel instead of him. Oh well ill get those 10k again soon anyway.

zoukka

does Chromie just do stupid damge or what? I was in a lane against one last night as Butcher and I couldnt do shit. She kept sniping at me with the laser, I avoided the aoe most of the time but everytie I tried to do the charge, she stopped time lol ;_;

the laser really hurt too, I ws flabergasted :(

edit: also reading the previous page, I will share my Lucio love, he seems super fun and its killing me that I bought Auriel instead of him. Oh well ill get those 10k again soon anyway.

Yeah don't even try to kill Chromie alone. Just soak.

Alur

Anyone able to play some games with me in an hour or so? completely new to it

GRaider81#2167

hey guys would anyone be interested in helping me with the 5 matches quest thing? I've never really played much of this before and could use a hand im in europe as well if that makes a difference?

You guys should /join nexuschallenge in chat. Tons of folks looking for groupmates there. Just make sure you friend one of em before you queue.

Anyone able to play some games with me in an hour or so? completely new to it

GRaider81#2167

Adding you but won't be able to play right now.

2.0 dragged me in as a newbie too and love some friends (for Overwatch too). Love the game so far and gravitate toward supports as of now. My Battletag is PositiveCal#1578

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that new Auriel skin that came out this week from normal loot box, wont say no to that :)

Alur

Varian in QM is such a fucking joke.

that new Auriel skin that came out this week from normal loot box, wont say no to that :)

One of the best in game. So pretty. Lots of great new ones in 2.0 honestly, either wholly new or just brand new tints.

Rhaknar

Varian in QM is such a fucking joke.

One of the best in game. So pretty. Lots of great new ones in 2.0 honestly, either wholly new or just brand new tints.

betrayer malf now too. yeah thee boxes are neat, I wasnt sure about splitting up the colors into their own skins, but if it means you are always getting something new at least (well, not always and not everyone but u know what i mean), its pretty cool

Alur

Whoever said they see way more skin variety in HOTS now after 2.0, they weren't kidding.

I saw quite a few in Diamond, but it's really stepped up this week. Pretty awesome.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I haven't played a real game of HOTS in forever, only AI stomps for nexus challenge completion. I want to actually play legit games vs other people this weekend (maybe tonight) and will probably be pretty bad. I have never had a "main" in a MOBA, so maybe I should try to find a few guys (ideally that I own) that I like a lot and want to spend time getting gud with.

now with the gems and gold, which one is better to use for heroes if i don't want to wait for a drop in a chest?

I might be wrong but it seems like gold is more replenishable by playing the game (leveling up/daily quests) and gems can only be purchased with real money?

If you're looking to unlock heroes simply through gameplay, then gold would be the way to go.

i completed my nexus challenge on tuesday so i'll probably be looking for some other noobs to QM with this weekend to level up and get some crates

Rhaknar

new players (and forgetful veterans) dont forge the brawl weekly. gives a loot box.

its a mess but its just 2 games and its fast.

GRaider81

Managed to get friends and complete the challenge. First time playing a MOBA, not sure what I made of it. I enjoyed what I played and understand what im supposed to be doing, I played as Lucio so I basically used him like I would in Overwatch lol.

Will play some more

Maledict

new players (and forgetful veterans) dont forge the brawl weekly. gives a loot box.

its a mess but its just 2 games and its fast.

Thing is I'd get a loot box by playing two games anyway. And neither of them would be the awful, everyone plays Tracer game on Hanimura.

Should be a rare box if they want people to actually play bralws (which I don't think they should, many of them are so toxicly unfun they would just turn a player off the game).

TheYanger

Thing is I'd get a loot box by playing two games anyway. And neither of them would be the awful, everyone plays Tracer game on Hanimura.

Should be a rare box if they want people to actually play bralws (which I don't think they should, many of them are so toxicly unfun they would just turn a player off the game).

I mean, you ALSO get xp for doing it, so it's still just extra.

Altairre

8-1 with Varian in QM today. #balanced

Lost one today on shrines that really hurt. Dominated the entire game but my team just wouldn't push with the objective. They always split up and did camps. About 24 mins in they split up when the shrine was active, we got wiped and lost. Taunt is a great ult but if you have no follow up damage it doesn't do too much.

That loss led me to play Tracer though and I almost forgot how fun she still is. Tried my luck with locked and loaded and while it's great damage when you hit it, missing the active reload feels really bad man. Probably gonna stick with sleight of hand for a while (that it builds ult faster is a nice bonus as well).

Prelude.

When do lootboxes unlock exactly? I just leveled up a hero to 5 and got a lootbox, but I'm not sure if it's because I hit 5 or if it's every hero level.

Rhaknar

I need to stop rerolling boxes when im trying to save up for Lucio.

but everytime its 4 commons I cant resist :(

scoobs

does Chromie just do stupid damge or what?

56818429.jpg

Altairre

I need to stop rerolling boxes when im trying to save up for Lucio.

but everytime its 4 commons I cant resist :(

I just did the same thing. That's how they get you.

Edit: I got a really nice Tyrande skin for it though. I never play that hero but I could!

Rhaknar

I spent almost 10k in re-rolls for the first batch of 30-ish lootboxes.
It was definitely worth it, though.

yeah I spent like 7k on my freebies, then bought Auriel and Morales, then got sad when I tried Lucio ;_;

Kioshen

Loot boxes expire 24 hours after login/being acquired.

Kappa

You almost got me there and scared because I couldn't log on for a while.

How in the deep blue hell are those cyberdemon Zarya skins not in Overwatch as well? Head and shoulders above everything else in the game.

They said the boomerang is coming back around soon for those. They are planning on adding the skins in OW proper.

I think this is my main issue with HotS aside from the lack of depth. Most of my early and mid game decisions feel completely irrelevant to the outcome of the game. Shared XP means ganked heroes aren't punished, and there isn't a significant XP boost for killing a hero, either. I will run around and hunt down a dozen people in the early game and there might be a small level difference between our teams. Then, once we are all in the late game, you have this brief period where you are level 20 before them and it matters.

Then they catch up and it's like all of that success does not matter - you have one major team fight where everyone is roughly on the same page, and that's GG.

Well pre-7, waves gives more xp than hero kills. You can gank other heroes to deny wave xp and slow rotations but in the early game soaking is more impactful. Post 10 however ganks starts to get more impactful but then team starts grouping up. The laning phase is really quick so team fighting and objectives are more important here. Talent tiers advantage is also a thing you can exploit for getting/forcing the advantage but it's a subtle nuance. Also hi karst long time no see dude. Not sure if I have you on my friend's list but if you want to add me feel free : Kioshen#1754

Altairre

Varian is pretty good against Chromie if you can get to her. She gets taunted and it's pretty much over. Protect can negate her burst quite nicely as well if you can see it coming.

Rhaknar

I cant kill other teams Varian, our Varian dies in 2 seconds.

:(

if i like zul'jin what other heroes should i check out that play similarly?

I know somebody already answered this but I would advise against Hammer. She doesn't play really anything like Zul'Jin. I would suggest Valla, Lunara, and probably Greymane as the heroes that play most similar to ZJ. Greymane is the most different of the lot, but he's still closer to ZJ than Hammer is.

Apathy

if i like zul'jin what other heroes should i check out that play similarly?

If it's being a ranged assassin that does a lot of damage to structures and heroes, valla is good maybe even sylvanas (i'm new too and I like both of them and like zul'jin too)

kirblar

I know somebody already answered this but I would advise against Hammer. She doesn't play really anything like Zul'Jin. I would suggest Valla, Lunara, and probably Greymane as the heroes that play most similar to ZJ. Greymane is the most different of the lot, but he's still closer to ZJ than Hammer is.
Yup these 3 are all AAs. Raynor too (but hes not great)

Apathy

lol, i just did a match with kael'thas where i did 50% of the hero damage.Said i did 104.4% more than similar players average

also, i got so used to going up in hero levels like every 2-3 games before the patch now they just seem to take forever

Top Bottom