• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Loot boxes were such a good thing to not care as much about losses damn.

Also I used to love Raynor but trying him again recently and he felt even more simple than I remember him :(

I use the health on use talent just to bave something else to push :/

Neverfade

Still fresh as hell to this game and I'm sure I'm playing with a bunch of new jacks like myself but man, that Storm, Earth, Fire (sp?) of Chen's is crazy. Turned the tide of several battles over the course of a game.

scoobs

Underrated best part of this patch? The little reminder which heir is closest to leveling for another loot box. Encourages me to play different heroes every day... well played Blizz.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Underrated best part of this patch? The little reminder which heir is closest to leveling for another loot box. Encourages me to play different heroes every day... well played Blizz.

Yup except it keeps telling me Zera is almost 10 and im shit with Zera and I dont particulary care for his skins either :3

Speaking of assassins, and even tho its my least favorite role, Im really enjoying Li Ming, wasnt expecting this at all. Might be another Valla situation for me (Valla was one of my 10s pre-2.0).

Gul Dan on the other hand did nothing for me in the couple of games I used him.

Rhaknar

Holy shit I love Li Ming. Whars a good build for her, I've been running a mostly Orb focused build.

Zackat

I just typically go to hotslogs and follow builds from there, or at least use it as a guide

and yeah hanamura is different than the other maps, will take a while for everyone to get used to it I think lol. took me a few games.

patchday

need to logon and checkout hanamura. I played Hearthstone a bit too much trying to rank so now I want to play HoTS and have some good fun

game has so many heroes now its just crazy. And I got a month+ stimpack too

Ashilyn

I've been really liking that, yeah. It's really kept me cycling through Heroes and going back to ones I play less so that I can get those sweet, sweet loot boxes. Really smart move on Blizzard's part to include something like that.

Apathy

Holy shit I love Li Ming. Whars a good build for her, I've been running a mostly Orb focused build.

I just typically go to hotslogs and follow builds from there, or at least use it as a guide

and yeah hanamura is different than the other maps, will take a while for everyone to get used to it I think lol. took me a few games.

I'll normally do 1-3 matches without reading about builds, just go off what i read and suspect, then check out what "good" builds people run, usually I'm right on

Milly79

Orb build is typically the one I go as well.

Not a fan of calamity and I haven't ever tried her full AA build. If you're on BoE, Q build all day with seeker at 16. Always a hard choice between that and mirrorball if you're ever in that situation.

Overall, she has pretty good build diversity.

OW noob here playing for the event, are heroes on a buy rotation? I wanna see how much Zarya is but she's not showing up in the store...

Rhaknar

OW noob here playing for the event, are heroes on a buy rotation? I wanna see how much Zarya is but she's not showing up in the store...

She is also part if the tanks and bruisers mega bundle if you havent bought one yet

Apathy

She was part of 2 bundles. If you didn't get either of those you gotta buy her or wait till shes rotated in (she was last week i think or the week before)

Rhaknar

XaB9Mjk.jpg

Q0KJJ.gif

yup shes the new Valla. I still maintain I dont like assassins but once in awhile one just clicks with me lol.

Shes also very nub friendly (probably why I like her lol) because you just throw those orbs out there and hope for the best :3

Had a hilarious Genji that ran into one max range and imediatly got ganked by our Valeera or Samuro (cant remember) but he was just insta deleted, there was no way he could even pop deflect for that lol.

Kioshen

Had a nice complete shutdown on hanamura with Alur and Milly. I never saw that happen on the ptr and I certainly wasn't expecting that on the real servers either. Felt bad that the other team never managed to push one cart on the objective.

Edit: Next game without them tonight with Probius and I get MVP :/. Feedius no more !?

Edit2: Feels nice having fresh faces in the thread. Even Milly upped his game to tease Scoobs because there are so many people now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
just rerolled a 4-common lootbox and got a legendary dehaka skin. wut wut.

Rhaknar

I think I've lost every hanamura map ive played /shrug

edit: another legendary Dehaka skin...maybe I should finally try him >_>

Ashtrax

Cheers for that, I've gone back into AI for the time being, trying to work out the distances to drop the spikes. Will take time, but hopefully it will click.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just realized how thematically perfect the celestial horse is for Anubis Tassadar.

Played johanna, first tank character I've played iirc. It was pretty fun. Won the second game once I got a better idea of how she fits. She is so damn tanky tho. When I had a healer nearby, I was impossible to kill and difficult to disengage from.

This game does an excellent job of making you think you're the boss at a character when things are going your way, ie. 2-3 levels higher than your opponent.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently if you do the Challenge in the options menu you get a free loot box. Got Sonya out of it but she was a duplicate. Doh! Then I realized you get shards so I bought the Ranger General Sylvanas skin. I'm already liking this shard system.

Rhaknar

Apparently if you do the Challenge in the options menu you get a free loot box. Got Sonya out of it but she was a duplicate. Doh! Then I realized you get shards so I bought the Ranger General Sylvanas skin. I'm already liking this shard system.

The what now?

Edit: "welcome to veteran introduction"? Hmmm

edit: oh I did this shit on the US server, you have to for new accounts. I actualy failed the zera part like 5 times because you start 1 lvl behind and the fucking enemies kept running away from me. In fact I remember I only suceeded when I DIDNT use the "recomended talents" lol

Rhaknar

damn 2 epics. nazeebo (dupe), 7 day stimpack, and a rare Rexxar skin I didnt own. Thanks for the tip dude!

everyone should do this it takes like 5 min. Its a special chest too, its called a "starter loot box" so I guess it always drops a hero and a stimpack?

slabrock

Banned

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Got Uther and a 7 day stim-pack

Rhaknar

Yeah, no brawls hurts. I was lazy. Probably gonna by a bunch of gold for new hero bundles so I can keep being lazy!

I love Lunara! She hurts!

You mean buy a gem bundle?

Top Bottom