• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently if you do the Challenge in the options menu you get a free loot box. Got Sonya out of it but she was a duplicate. Doh! Then I realized you get shards so I bought the Ranger General Sylvanas skin. I'm already liking this shard system.
I got her too so maybe that box has same contents for everyone. Got 140 shards from dupes so thanks. Doesn't seem like shards will farm too slowly since I have so much stuff in HotS.
Now I know what Overwatch vets feel like.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got her too so maybe that box has same contents for everyone. Got 140 shards from dupes so thanks. Doesn't seem like shards will farm too slowly since I have so much stuff in HotS.
Now I know what Overwatch vets feel like.

Nah I got Zeebo, previous dude got Uther. Its probably one from a small number of oldie heroes.

Ketch

jesus christ. fan's in game stats are bonkers.

he's got 7 heroes with 100% winrate.. and it's shit like malf and diablo... stuff you know he's played more then once.

multiple maps with 90% + win rate. he's got like 34/3 W/L on haunted mines.

Staab

Oh wow, thanks for the tip there man !

Got : Uther (dupe, epic), 7day stimpack (epic), common portrait and Brightwing announcer (legendary!).
Yissss

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh I guess no pop up when you get it. I checked and it was there. Got sonya and a 7 day stim, although I already have 28 days on a stimpack so it either did nothing or will activate when the 28 days are up.

it stacks, mine is 1 month 9 days now (up from 1 month 2 days before)

you are 2 for 2 on being blind dude :D

Amazingly they have finally made the game playable for me at a steady framerate. The new stuff all seems good so I guess after about a year of not playing I'll start again....

scoobs

Amazingly they have finally made the game playable for me at a steady framerate. The new stuff all seems good so I guess after about a year of not playing I'll start again....

267402_1.jpg

Milly79

May have missed it with how fast this thread moves now, but Zoia is back on THH as a guest for good as well as Bakery!

THH is gonna be good again!

Maledict

May have missed it with how fast this thread moves now, but Zoia is back on THH as a guest for good as well as Bakery!

I was really happy to hear this on this weeks episode. Whilst I'm sad that it means State of the Nexus is now gone forever, getting a weekly blast of Bakery's opinions and insights will be great and will really help THH I think.

Kioshen

Time to stop listening to it then for me. I really don't like zoia. Too bad because I liked bakery. The way he threw shade at a bunch of people but in a classy way. That accent helps more than I thought lol.

MadGear

So right now I have a single daily quest in my log for Versus AI. I have played 1 match with A.I. teammates as well as 2 in co-op (at the medium difficulty) but the counter didn't update after any of these matches. Is there something I'm missing about daily quests (difficulty or map requirement?) or is that quest bugged?

brian!

In a weird turn of events the uther rework has made him super nasty against arthas

I think this is his build now
1. Wave of light
4. Holy fire
7. Guardian/cleanse
10. W/e
13. All seem fine
16. Benediction/tyr's if you have good self-sustain
20. Redemption or dstorm upgrade

Stacking talent at 20 might be legit with benediction (double w gives aoe 25% reduc for ~2.8 secs then 50% for 3 secs) but seems like a lot of resources to blow and kind of specific

Dude is gonna be really strong in dbl support comps

Guardian is also prob gonna get complained about at some point

Apathy

So right now I have a single daily quest in my log for Versus AI. I have played 1 match with A.I. teammates as well as 2 in co-op (at the medium difficulty) but the counter didn't update after any of these matches. Is there something I'm missing about daily quests (difficulty or map requirement?) or is that quest bugged?
Did you try closing the game and coming back in?

yesterday it was going slow even showing the result page. but my game played for the daily quest eventually caught up.

doing the daily quest stuff yesterday. play 2 games with SC heroes. picked Lt Morales. hah. i was trying to play like mercy xD. any time i pick a new hero for qm i go in not knowing what their abilities are.

I was literally completating ALT F4ing and deleting this game during the first 2/3s of this match, it was going that badly.

Valla, Valeera, Sonya, and Leoric are all really fun so far.

Li Ming seems good too, the amount if times I get fucked by those off screen beams with like infinite range that last forever. Genji seems annoying too, feel impossible to kill a decent one that know when to gtfo without a stun or to get away from one with that mobility, think I'll buy him with gold first.

Alur

I finally found what can stop Varian in QM. New players.

One of our Overwatch friends wanted to play last night to do the challenge quest and he bought Genji to play, which is who I would've played. So I thought, "Let's go Varian." The issue is we had no wave clear whatsoever and when you combine that with teams which pay zero attention to the map, as they all do in starting/low MMR, it doesn't matter that you go 13/24/1...you still lose because your shit gets pushed in and eventually you get overwhelmed. Then there's the fact that no matter how OP Taunt is with experienced players at higher MMR levels, it's useless if your team doesn't know what it is nor that they are supposed to follow up. Lots of top damage Varian in our five games together.

Also, another tale from Bronzodia on the smurf:

My buddy and I get Towers of Doom and at the very start, our Stitches hooks their Nazeebo into one of those nooks. I notice and block his exit. We kill him. Stitches is like, "Varian knows what's up." I'm thinking hell yeah, we have three competent players on one team this'll be a cakewalk. Oh how wrong I was, mate.

The truth was we had four competent players on our team. Our Gul'dan was grouped with Stitches and they spent the whole game just killing the enemy. They refused to cap an altar, and Stitches even used his Helping Hand toggle on his Hook to pull my buddy away from capping altars, and to pull other teammates to their death with tower shots or into enemy range. It was literally the most thorough troll job I've ever seen.

He even went to a few altars and just stood beside them for a few seconds and was like, "I think it's not working." Any of you guys who have gotten stuck in lower leagues and have to deal with shit like this on the regular, my hat is off to you. Shit is infuriating. The good news is my buddy was p good with Genji for a brand new player, said it was easier to get into because it was similar to the OW version kind of like some of our new folks in the thread have suggested.

Altairre

Then there's the fact that no matter how OP Taunt is with experienced players at higher MMR levels, it's useless if your team doesn't know what it is nor that they are supposed to follow up.

My Varian losses in a nutshell. Though I guess it's a good sign that it doesn't happen as often anymore, maybe my MMR is finally getting me paired up with players who know a bit more about the game. Played with a friend who just started and it was a pretty miserable experience.

Milly79

Time to stop listening to it then for me. I really don't like zoia. Too bad because I liked bakery. The way he threw shade at a bunch of people but in a classy way. That accent helps more than I thought lol.

You don't like zoia but you like me... hm

Apathy

do they take out maps out of the rotation? i haven't played that one where you kill the angels in the middle since the patch

Maledict

do they take out maps out of the rotation? i haven't played that one where you kill the angels in the middle since the patch

Yep, they've taken most maps out of rotation. I think right now we have Infernal Shrines, Dragon Shire, Cursed Hollow, Towers of Doom and Hanimura?

Prelude.

I've finally tried again and won a QM with Kerrigan, against Valeera and Nova. Feels good, man.

Also, is it me or there's almost no reason to not re-roll? I always get something better. I just went from 4 commons to 1 common, 1 rare, 1 epic, 1 legendary.

Alur

Are they easier for new players to get a grasp of or do they rotate maps out periodically?

Wait, what. Why so many? Is it because they want people to get Hanamura? That sucks.

When a new map is released they pare down the pool so that people can get Hanamura more. Though in actual practice I've just gotten Cursed Hollow and Sky Temple a lot. Only two games on Hanamura out of about 25-30.

They need to institute a permanent rotation, though. Way too many maps to have them all in the pool at once, and some of them are disliked by a majority of players (Garden of Terror, Warhead Junction).

Is sonya a beast right now?

after playing leo yesterday too I think maybe bruisers are in a good spot?

its just u goin pro on us bb

brian!

Hm i dunno about any guide off the top of my head, sometimes hero guides will mention it, but ask if you have something in mind

Alur

is there any good guide for picking heroes for the right map?

There's no real guides to my knowledge that break down the picks on each map since the balance changes so frequently and new heroes are still so frequent, among other reasons. There's some very knowledgeable folks in thread who can you help you, though, if you have a map in mind.

Alternative ways to find that info are to go to HOTSlogs and check out the highest winrate heroes on the map in question. Another is watching pro games, of course.

Top Bottom