• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Kioshen

You don't like zoia but you like me... hm
Good thing you are two different person then. Zoia has too much of a notice me sempai attitude to be on a podcast. He doesn't really add anything other than color commentary and I don't think it was needed. We already have CORE for that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
in that video that pallytime narrates that was shown before the 2.0 stream, he says that tower of doom came out before the spider temple map, that cant be right?

I played the spider map when I still played and I never seen towers of doom until, well...now when I came back?

edit: need to get the free rotation heroes that I dont own to 5 for that sweet sweet gold soon as I dont have much time this weekend I think. The actual free rotation is NOT patch based IIRC correct? Its the same for US and EU and its earlier than the patch? or am I dreaming?

Ketch

is there any good guide for picking heroes for the right map?

McIntyre has some decent videos called "drafting 101" and "why do we pick it" ep 1 & 2.

I think those are pretty informative, especially the why do we pick it episodes.

in that video that pallytime narrates that was shown before the 2.0 stream, he says that tower of doom came out before the spider temple map, that cant be right?

I played the spider map when I still played and I never seen towers of doom until, well...now when I came back?

yea that's definitely not right. tomb came out right after sky temple

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

edit: need to get the free rotation heroes that I dont own to 5 for that sweet sweet gold soon as I dont have much time this weekend I think. The actual free rotation is NOT patch based IIRC correct? Its the same for US and EU and its earlier than the patch? or am I dreaming?

you should make an NA smurf account so we can be bad at the same time ya dingus

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you should make an NA smurf account so we can be bad at the same time ya dingus

I got a mega bundle on the US server actually. And the freebies from the blizz games, Tracer...err Valla. I think thats it. But hey better than just stuck with free rotation.

Alur

Yeah rotates weekly, same in both regions.

Also who is that in your avatar? I can't quite put my finger on it.

Rhaknar

Yeah rotates weekly, same in both regions.

Also who is that in your avatar? I can't quite put my finger on it.

Cate Blanchett as Hela from the Thor Ragnarok trailer

tumblroo753rt8tl1r19feno2540gif.gif

Alur

That was my guess, couldn't recall the name. I was like...but I've never seen her with dark hair. Anyway, kudos, she look positively insane. First time I saw it I wasn't sure if it was real or CGI at a glance lol

Alavard

Huh, Mecha Tassadar has an entirely different set of voice lines (the loadout voice lines I mean). I guess there must be some other heroes with alternate voice lines on certain skins. Just checked Crown Prince Arthas and he's got some different lines as well.

Edit - Also Ghost Kerrigan, and Space Lord Leoric. Probably applies to all skins that have new recorded spoken lines in general (not just audio filters).

Fancolors

McIntyre has some decent videos called "drafting 101" and "why do we pick it" ep 1 & 2.

I think those are pretty informative, especially the why do we pick it episodes.

yea that's definitely not right. tomb came out right after sky temple

aight, gonna watch them once i have time

Rhaknar

damn is Lunara fun as hell? She seems fun as hell. That ult might be my new favorite ult after the hunt.

I need to better understand the poison intricacies tho, and I have no fucking idea about talents, but I had a blast.

I dont like assasins I sware :3

Alur

Your daily reminder:

Varian in QM is such a fucking joke.

13-1 with him the last two days on my main account. #balanced

Kioshen

damn is Lunara fun as hell? She seems fun as hell. That ult might be my new favorite ult after the hunt.

I need to better understand the poison intricacies tho, and I have no fucking idea about talents, but I had a blast.

I dont like assasins I sware :3

She scales better than most assassins. Instead of gaining 3 3-5% every level she gets 4%. So the longer the game goes the harder she hits.

Your daily reminder:

I even did my best to tank that number too.

Rhaknar

Your daily reminder:

I had a hilarious moment just now in my Lunara game where a Zagara was absolutely deleted from existance from a Varian charge and whatever he goes and a Li Ming orb from the other side, im pretty sure she was full health too.

I think Broken Matt Hardy was controlling that Varian tbh.

full

kirblar

Huh, Mecha Tassadar has an entirely different set of voice lines (the loadout voice lines I mean). I guess there must be some other heroes with alternate voice lines on certain skins. Just checked Crown Prince Arthas and he's got some different lines as well.

Edit - Also Ghost Kerrigan, and Space Lord Leoric. Probably applies to all skins that have new recorded spoken lines in general (not just audio filters).
Yup, this has always been a thing.

brian!

I had a hilarious moment just now in my Lunara game where a Zagara was absolutely deleted from existance from a Varian charge and whatever he goes and a Li Ming orb from the other side, im pretty sure she was full health too.

I think Broken Matt Hardy was controlling that Varian tbh.

full

Zagara is pretty OBSOLETE
Jk her trait is good on a lot of maps

kirblar

I meant I knew they said different things in the game itself, but didn't realize this was extended to the collectible voice lines that are part of 2.0.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I think most of these lines were random prior to this, now they're controllable.

Rhaknar

hey fuck you guys, I wont allow this kind of Zaggy bashing.

:(

edit: Dehaka is...weird

Apathy

the game really has an issue when someone has some internet hiccup and then they keep coming back in and out and the announcer keeps saying it, no one cares

Kadin

the game really has an issue when someone has some internet hiccup and then they keep coming back in and out and the announcer keeps saying it, no one cares
Just had a match earlier like this. The player must have left and came back 5 or 6 times. I asked him about it after and all he said was, "?" Maybe not an English speaker but is it possible that they weren't actually dropping but the game was still reporting it as such?

Rhaknar

real quick first impressions of a few new heroes

(3 games) Lunara - super fun, love the pounce ult, need to figure out the poison shit

(4 games) Gul'Dan - hes ok, growing on me, ive only really used a Q based build tho

(1 game) Dehaka - very weird, not sure how I feel about him. Z is neat. Nobody capitalized on my drags which was annoying.

(1 game) Zarya - Basically the same as OW which means shes awesome :3 Need to react quicker on ally shields :(

(1 game) Varian - seems beastly, but im not sure how Taunt works. I could sware I was hitting people with it and they still attacked my allies and killed them? Parry seems ridiculous, I went full tank so I didnt do much dmg, probably not a good idea.

(1 game) Ragnaros - Like Dehake hes weird. I thought he was a ranged guy but hes mostly melee, that meteor is weird to hit with, and he seemed surprisingly squishy. Only used the fort thing once and it failed lol.

(1 game) Graymane - Didnt like him at all, I tried to build for the cocktail but that shit has such a long cd. I need to try a more melee focused build to see if he clicks. Least favorite of the ones I tried.

Anyone wanna help out with recruit a friend scheme?
Click here

that only works for new accounts right?

kirblar

Q is THE build for Gul'Dan right now. Lunara used to use Thornwood Vine and Gul'Dan used to go E build, but since the resurgence of HOT healers like Lucio, Malf and Auriel (instead of Burst heals like Uther) those options got way worse- burst is better.

Apathy

i am a little sad they took away the little quips the heroes had with one another before the match started. That gave the game so much character

kirblar

i am a little sad they took away the little quips the heroes had with one another before the match started. That gave the game so much character
Pretty sure this is a consequence of the Voice Line system, unfortunately. Hopefully they come back.

Altairre

(1 game) Varian - seems beastly, but im not sure how Taunt works. I could sware I was hitting people with it and they still attacked my allies and killed them? Parry seems ridiculous, I went full tank so I didnt do much dmg, probably not a good idea.

If you activate taunt the hero has "taunted" written over their head and can indeed only attack you. Keep in mind it's only 1.25 seconds long, after that they are once again free to attack your team. Tank build is usually the best idea because it helps you to deal more damage as well. If you taunt a target save a parry for that moment because they are literally forced to attack you which
1) Reduces the parry cooldown and
2) Resets your Heroic Strike which means you deal extra damage.

Varian can stay in fights ridiculously long which is where a lot of his damage comes from when you go tank build. Really only pick Colossus Smash if you already have a tank and think you need the burst damage and the vulnerability. Even so you should still go for the parry talents because they are generally too good to ignore.

The reduced charge cooldown at 4 and the increased charge damage at 13 do have a nice synergy but I personally still don't think it's worth it. When I tried out that build I was missing my parry just too much.

Dreavus

I usually love that stuff but they were a bit too generalized for my liking here. Also, I think they were player specific so you just hear your own which is kinda lame.

But yeah sucks that it's gone, I haven't realized until now.

Fancolors

Did anyone ever run into a problem where the Blizzard app doesn't recognize HotS? I restarted my laptop and now it says I need to install the game, but I already have the files here.

I try to locate it within the app, but it says the folder doesn't contain the correct version. I played a brawl match earlier today.

I just wanted to taunt people with varian today.

edit: it also happened with OW, but the launcher recognized the files

Apathy

If i leave my game on the character select screen for a while (say like 5-10 minutes while I do something else) and I come back it feels really sluggish. Anyone else have this problem? I don't have this with wow or hs or ow, just with hots

Rhaknar

Oooooh Samuro is dope! Maybe I do like assassins >_>

Altairre

I feel like Samuro is by far the worst of the stealth heroes. He feels so worthless a lot of the time. The one exception might a good illusion master Samuro but you pretty much never see that because it's hard to use. Grubby played some great illusion games with him though.

kirblar

I feel like Samuro is by far the worst of the stealth heroes. He feels so worthless a lot of the time. The one exception might a good illusion master Samuro but you pretty much never see that because it's hard to use. Grubby played some great illusion games with him though.
They can't make him "good" because he's a QM monster, unfortunately.

Alavard

My first game using reworked Uther (other than one test in an AI game) - we lose, but I get MVP. Okay. I'm not perfect, but I'm off to a good start.

Top Bottom