• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this schlock to 5 with gul dan is killing me, Im really not into him. To the bottom of the purchase list he goes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I should look up changes to Uther. He was king in the early days but the meta shifted against him so hard. If he's cool again I'd like to run some matches with him because I just like his style. Last night I tried out Johanna again and I love the way they polished her talents, so I have hope for Uther. I wonder if they also worked out Tyrael to keep with the meta a bit better.

I had some great games with lunara. Damn she is good at siege and hero damage due to all the dots you can put up. One game in the last team fight on hanamura, their team rushed us, I spammed ult on a couple of them then hit that snare button and did so much DOT damage and CC we just outright won that fight.

So now I am competent-ish with tracer, lunara and valla (haven't played valla much since beta though).

Celegus

I dont "get" Alarak :/

Telekinesis heroes towards yourself and then silence them. Use lightning for poke and sustain. Alt+W is your friend if you're using it to escape. Both ults have their place. He's very cooldown dependent so be careful when they're down.

i wish it auto disengage if i use blink with tracer. can't blink away and then stays locked and it keeps moving towards the enemy still. i forget S stops it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Huh just had a nice Zera game, hadnt played him in ages and Im shit with him (or in general but you know), anyway 19 straight kills, I was just doing the shit that pisses me off the most...geting that last hit in in 1v1s turning them into 2v1s :3

I guess thats what youre supposed to do afterall but it suuuuuucks when youre on the receiving end.

...but its fun when youre doing it :3

Anyway, I discovered 2 things. First of all, level 10 gives 500g like level 5 (does that mean that 15 also gives 500g, aka is it every 5 levels?), and the hero specific loot chest is on top of the normal one, so its totally worth it to get those lvl 10s if they are close even if the hero isnt your jam.

Ketch

I've heard people complain about Tracer moving towards her target but if you spam move, which you probably should/most people do, you won't notice it - at least I don't.

1 - anything, I generally go Amateur Opponent because people don't value wave clear / mercs enough
4 - Shield Surge
7 - Chrono Surge for the easy DPS boost. I wanna test out Follow Through with the 13/16 W talents though
10 - either, usually Supression Pulse
13 - Triple Strike. Phase Bulwark if they're spell damage heavy. Graviton if they're clumped and you're comfortable with swaps.
16 - Plasma Burn. Titan Killer if they're warrior heavy. Zealot Charge if they're overly mobile (Li Ming) and your team has a good frontline already
20 - Force of Will. Orbital bombardment if they're AA heavy.

1 amateur opponent on most maps, seasoned marksman if you need damage
4 shield surge
7 warp sickness
10 suppression pulse
13 triple strike
16 titan killer
20 Nexus blades

hmm, I was going with the block charges at one, and I didn't know what to get at 4. they all seemed... bad, or at least hard to math out in my head. and I went purifier beam every game.

pretty frustrating until I figured out how to swap right and then it was a lot of fun. He just seems a lot more mobile now then his old iteration.

I think it might be time for some changes to solo que and team que QM imo.

Just a bit too unfair and makes it not worth the time to solo que QM anymore for fun.

edit: I mean if there's a solo que and team que ranked, than why not do in QM. Just makes it unfair and not fun for people who want to solo que QM.

scoobs

hmm, I was going with the block charges at one, and I didn't know what to get at 4. they all seemed... bad, or at least hard to math out in my head. and I went purifier beam every game.

pretty frustrating until I figured out how to swap right and then it was a lot of fun. He just seems a lot more mobile now then his old iteration.

artanis is really strong, you can carry most games with him just by swapping back liners into your team for picks. Warp sickness is extremely important at 7 IMO, they really cannot get out after a swap with that talent.

Dreavus

Your daily reminder:

Varian in QM is such a fucking joke.

13-1 with him the last two days on my main account. #balanced

I've won my first 4 games with him in QM having never played him before. 3 of those games were tankless except for me at 10. He's a fun hero.

Yay another solo que against a group of 5 in QM.

What's the point of 2.0 when there's fundamental issues that discourage people from trying out the game or playing it alone.

If I'm a new player why should I play the game if every time I solo que for QM it's against a coordinated pre-made group of 5 and get stomped.

Maledict

My smurf account has the stupid daily quest bug where you have a permanent "Play 3 AI games" daily quest that doesn't ever get counted. Quite frustrating that this bug has been around for ages and they haven't yet resolved it. Hopefully brand new players aren't being struck with it.

scoobs

My smurf account has the stupid daily quest bug where you have a permanent "Play 3 AI games" daily quest that doesn't ever get counted. Quite frustrating that this bug has been around for ages and they haven't yet resolved it. Hopefully brand new players aren't being struck with it.

Ya wtf is this about? My smurf also stuck on this quest... super annoying

Altairre

Purp5.jpg

scoobs

Leveling a smurf is the best decision i've made with this game. Relearning heroes I've completely forgotten about like Kael'Thas, Chen, Jaina is so much fun. Holy shit does Jaina just annihilate everyone, its not even fair! Poke with the Q build, then when they clump up for a team fight drop the RoF and E > W and everyone is dead. Good stuff.

patchday

Leveling a smurf is the best decision i've made with this game. Relearning heroes I've completely forgotten about like Kael'Thas, Chen, Jaina is so much fun. Holy shit does Jaina just annihilate everyone, its not even fair! Poke with the Q build, then when they clump up for a team fight drop the RoF and E > W and everyone is dead. Good stuff.

hehe :)

patchday

is there any good guide for picking heroes for the right map?

I still dont know and ive been here since launch. kinda wish there was just 1 map like all the other mobas sometimes but I'm super casual. I just farm bots & do some brawl

I used to be a lot more hardcore tho (and did ranked regularly)

Altairre

Losing versus AI? Wow, feelsbadman.

I was playing with a friend who just started to show him the ropes and we lost the first game against the AI as well. Mura who was AFK half the game, a Jaina who would just die to forts and run into the enemy team. We were four levels down at one point in the game. After that I picked AI teammates and we rolled through like your typical AI game. AI was literally 10 times better than actual humans.

Also I finally won a game just now and it still fucking sucked because the enemy Abathur just started running into our forts after we got a couple of early kills. He did that for the entire game. I felt bad for the enemy team because they were still trying. People are terrible.

Kioshen

Now that I've beat my old pb in qm mmr, I'll try to grind games as a support because I'm clearly doing something wrong if I look at my stats on hotslogs. Probably a mix of not enough healing, positioning and general timing I would wager.

Milly79

5-mans in QM are one of my annoyances too. We sometimes do it too but we don't make try hard comps. Granted it doesn't happen all the time but they should restrict 5-mans to unranked draft. Team League matchmaking might even get better if there were more people playing it...

We can try doing some replay analysis together Kio, if you're interested.

Can you review my vp on sky temple last night?

Pygrus

Man, this game is a lot of fun. The only things that sucks is that I get anxiety trying to play quick match and it always ends up with me having supper short sessions with the game. It's SC2 all over again.

I reached level 5 and got another 1000 gems. What's the best use of this?

I was stupid and spent 750 on it on a hero I really wanted to try and didn't like.

I think the wise thing to do is look for heroes you want that are 50% off, and just be patient with the rotations.

Prelude.

Don't buy heroes with gems, you just got 20 for free. Just wait until you have enough gold to buy another one you like, it's not gonna take long.

Top Bottom