• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Come at me.

D3 is probably a good game now with all the content patches but vanilla Reaper of Souls was just as incomplete as vanilla D3.

There weren't even greater rifts for the first month and a half or so. By the time they added meaningful content I was already completely burned out of the game.

Not a chance, vanilla D3 was awful once you reached Inferno (well before then too, basically never finding any worthwhile loot). RoS was far from perfect at launch but it was miles better and more complete.

If it is Malth that is one of a few heroes I would probably instantly buy haha. I leveled Genji to 5 the other day and was pretty surprised how much I enjoyed it. His ability to chase and poke is awesome. Probably just going to buy him after the free week...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont like Dragonblade, it feels awkward to use, I prefer X-Strike, tis even good to get out of those lock-on ults too.

Genji himself is kinda cool, hes hard to use but I think I could get into him.

Fancolors

I only take Dragonblade if I have someone who can shield me, otherwise it's X-Blade since it works as a free get out of jail card for me.

brian!

I think i just pick it every time
Id prob get xstrike against a pyro kael or something, like in terms of reg mobility i think dblade is enough of a boost, xstrike would be for the invincibility

brian!

The hype is overblown for sure but he's valuable. I posted it before, his reasoning is that it was the highest tier team that also made a smart cut on their roster, he thinks if freedom was 4th place before with that roster that his addition to this squad would most likely result in the most linear improvement compares to other teams. I think he tried out for t8 but it seems like they are going to take goku instead

The hype is overblown for sure but he's valuable. I posted it before, his reasoning is that it was the highest tier team that also made a smart cut on their roster, he thinks if freedom was 4th place before with that roster that his addition to this squad would most likely result in the most linear improvement compares to other teams. I think he tried out for t8 but it seems like they are going to take goku instead

That's what reddit made it sound like. Freedom was the next best home for him barring possibly Naventic.

Superstars and No Tomorrow are highly questionable, Team 8 didn't fight to sign him, bstep disbanded and GFE were stupidly already set on their swaps.

That's all 8 of them.

brian!

He seems like he will be way tankier than her tho

Is he melee? Im assuming yeah since blizz likes to slap sustain on melee heroes

Alur

Was pretty shocked listening to THH and hearing them say Bakery wrote that he believes GFE will be the top NA team by the end of the second split after these roster changes.

That's what reddit made it sound like. Freedom was the next best home for him barring possibly Naventic.

Superstars and No Tomorrow are highly questionable, Team 8 didn't fight to sign him, bstep disbanded and GFE were stupidly already set on their swaps.

That's all 8 of them.

Was Team Freedom truly top 4, though? To me it just seems like the hype was about how he was gonna join a legit team and become a new name in the scene and instead he chose (likely) mediocrity.

Kioshen

Yeah, Melee Lunara is my first take as well.

He sounds more like a vorpal blade zeratul with poison with aoe self sustain. Which screams OP depending on the numbers.

Was pretty shocked listening to THH and hearing them say Bakery wrote that he believes GFE will be the top NA team by the end of the second split after these roster changes.

I would take what Bakery says about NA with a grain of salt.

Was Team Freedom truly top 4, though? To me it just seems like the hype was about how he was gonna join a legit team and become a new name in the scene and instead he chose (likely) mediocrity.

I think they were a better team than NT, NVT and bStep. They could go toe to toe with SSS but TF had better days than SSS.

brian!

Gfe looks pretty likely to be the top team (well..barring miracle nvt stuff lol), they are fixing a lot of issues with the roster change. If u compare mechanical skill between them and tempo i feel like gfe is just better in general, but like the main main thing for teams trying to oust t8 and tempo is team synergy and that really could go either way

If malth is melee i guess his playstyle will just be floating around the battlefield like a creep, kinda into that. The only thing i know about him is that diablo cinematic that someone posted so to me he's just ghost of christmas past spooky boi

Whats his Alt skin based on? Oh crap he is just a Grave god minion, laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Oh he just appear after the third candle goes off

If malth is melee i guess his playstyle will just be floating around the battlefield like a creep, kinda into that. The only thing i know about him is that diablo cinematic that someone posted so to me he's just ghost of christmas past spooky boi

Melee probably, His Wraith Strike ability is supposed to give him mobility, like Genji with his sword. I feel like he is gonna play like Leoric in term of mobility and tankiness

He seems like he will be way tankier than her tho

Is he melee? Im assuming yeah since blizz likes to slap sustain on melee heroes
As is par for the course for melee assassins. He doesn't appear to be highly mobile either so his self sustain has to compensate. He only gets mobility after tagging an opponent. So Thrall x Lunara essentially?
To the sad state of affairs in NA yes, with BStep disbanding all the more.

Kioshen

I like the idea of giving a built-in quest on a heroic. Last rites with cursed bullet is going to be scary for a front liner.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
he seems to have zero escapes, never a good thing for melee guys for me.

will still insta buy of course, im swimming in gems. Those 150 every 25lvls stack up fast

Alur

There's no way I rate Freedom's roster as the 4th best. They had one good tournament, but they were a solid 6th in the standings all season. The only thing saving them from the Crucible and giving them a chance in said tournament was Naventic going into the dumpster.

Roster wise compared to Naventic, BStep (RIP), and Superstars I feel they are inferior. Obviously they are behind Tempo, GFE, and T8, so that was six better rosters Kure could've been a part of, or five since BStep died.

I mean, I get he feels like he's patching the weakest link and there's something to be said for that. But one can only assume Naventic will do at least a bit better with addition by subtraction. If that happens and Superstars holds serve, Freedom will have to improve as well to not be battling it out for relegation with No Tomorrow and Even In Death.

Genji feels incredibly OP. He's not my kind of character at all in terms of how I approach the game, but I was able to get Heroes of the Storm and quad kills two games in a row. He's just so mobile, he can join in a fight, devastate, and zip out before anyone can hurt him. He needs to be flat-out chain stunned to kill, and that's not common in this game. He definitely has a higher skill ceiling than other characters, but I feel like his D should only be usable if he hasn't been hit in the last 4 seconds or something. Then you have to save E as an escape tool or go all-in.

Malthael's first Heroic is kind of odd. A 4-second channel applying Marks? Since they don't stack, it's basically doing 2.5% damage to all enemies per second, which doesn't seem great when he already has an ability that applies Marks to everyone in an area. The second Heroic looks much better, especially since it can ramp up.,

I hope his teleport attack has infinite range.

There's no way I rate Freedom's roster as the 4th best. They had one good tournament, but they were a solid 6th in the standings all season. The only thing saving them from the Crucible and giving them a chance in said tournament was Naventic going into the dumpster.

Roster wise compared to Naventic, BStep (RIP), and Superstars I feel they are inferior. Obviously they are behind Tempo, GFE, and T8, so that was six better rosters Kure could've been a part of, or five since BStep died.

I mean, I get he feels like he's patching the weakest link and there's something to be said for that. But one can only assume Naventic will do at least a bit better with addition by subtraction. If that happens and Superstars holds serve, Freedom will have to improve as well to not be battling it out for relegation with No Tomorrow and Even In Death.
But BStep is gone and EiD replaced them, which they are clearly above. GFE, R20E and TS are in turn above them leaving Superstars Naventic and Freedom up for consideration.

Superstars have an overall positive record against Freedom but they've also been together as a team approaching a year. They are losing Goku with no replacement in sight so far. I've never been convinced Srey's ideal place is on Tank, he'd make a much better melee flex imo.

Freedom formed for HGC and showed considerable improvement from stage 1 to 2 all the way to sweeping Bstep and Superstars in the playoffs. Instead of seeing it as a good day you can look at it as progression.

Naventic were last place and that wasn't just because of Kenma. Bige is moving to support. Bkid is now definitely the weakest link. I wanna say they deserve to be ranked up there but I'm gonna have to see results for. They even ended up losing 2 games to an Open Division team playing on their server for all 6 games.

Skab

Genji feels incredibly OP. He's not my kind of character at all in terms of how I approach the game, but I was able to get Heroes of the Storm and quad kills two games in a row. He's just so mobile, he can join in a fight, devastate, and zip out before anyone can hurt him. He needs to be flat-out chain stunned to kill, and that's not common in this game. He definitely has a higher skill ceiling than other characters, but I feel like his D should only be usable if he hasn't been hit in the last 4 seconds or something. Then you have to save E as an escape tool or go all-in.

Malthael's first Heroic is kind of odd. A 4-second channel applying Marks? Since they don't stack, it's basically doing 2.5% damage to all enemies per second, which doesn't seem great when he already has an ability that applies Marks to everyone in an area. The second Heroic looks much better, especially since it can ramp up.,

I hope his teleport attack has infinite range.

I think his first heroic is supposed to combo with his Q maybe? Hard to say without knowing the cooldown on it, but if hes just constantly applying the mark, then you might be able to repeatedly soul rip during its up time.

brian!

Honestly it's hard to pinpoint what exactly pushes freedom forward and what holds them back without insider knowledge. I havent watched too many of their games but it seems like they do well in the lead and have the ability to be patient when behind. I saw insomnia feed a bunch while they were behind too.

It's also a matter of who is willing to take kure, his best bet was with t8 and i think even if nvt wanted him he didnt want to be on the team that's in last place

Rhaknar

was hoping for spotlight video now that the cat is out of the bag, maybe tomorow

MFPallytime‏ @MFPallytime 15m15 minutes ago
More
well im on an 8 game losing streak. Time to take a break.

welp guess it happens to everyone, puts shit in perspective :p

brian!

Yeah i believe he did tryouts with them already, but picking goku instead makes too much sense as a choice, goku has played with them before so they know what type of dude he is and introducing saltlord kure to their squad could even potentially kill their team in the worst scenario

I really hope bkids performance on nvt was due to having kenma in his ear, the biggest thing about his play was his slowness and indecisiveness, it really seemed like he wasnt making his own decisions

Alur

In an ideal world Team 8 and GFE would battle for number one, Tempo (who bore me) would drop down a peg, and Naventic would have a resurgence just for the storyline and Kenma lulz.

Was looking and there's really nowhere for McIntyre or Khroen to go is there? He likely can't rejoin Superstars (though I suppose Khroen could go there in some fashion), and Goku is likely to take up with Team 8 potentially supposedly? Not like T8 is a good fit for Mc anyway.

Full time streaming Mc I guess? And who knows what with Khroen.

welp guess it happens to everyone, puts shit in perspective :p

Definitely happens to everyone. Take an evening off of QM spamming and watch one of these pros or grandmasters stream, or put it on at work or whatever. Odds are you'll catch one of them in the midst of a losing streak. I watched Dunktrain lose 9 in a row in HL one night when he first started streaming full time after quitting coaching Dignitas. The game is hella streaky and tilt is a real thing.

I really hope bkids performance on nvt was due to having kenma in his ear, the biggest thing about his play was his slowness and indecisiveness, it really seemed like he wasnt making his own decisions

Now he legit has Kenma in his ear, though. I have no doubt Kenma will be the kind of coach some NA/EU players have suggested they need (authoritarian that they have to listen to contractually) like how they work in League, which could be really good or really bad depending.

real shitty position for prisma or whoever ends up being cut since he'd know by MSB already and have to look for a new team during prep.

I've come around on tempo a bit, mostly due to psalm, who deserves to be recognized as best in the region right now.

Rhaknar

not gonna lie, a lot less Malthael discussion than I thought we would have lol

Alur

We need the spotlight to really discuss. Reading those abilities without seeing them in action doesn't do much for my imagination.

and @Familie I really like psalm too.

Alur

I'm shocked they just like...jumped the gun on the candles and pushed it out instead of letting it count down to tomorrow. I think the Deathwing QQ fucked with em a bit after the D.Va reveal.

Top Bottom