• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Come at me.

D3 is probably a good game now with all the content patches but vanilla Reaper of Souls was just as incomplete as vanilla D3.

There weren't even greater rifts for the first month and a half or so. By the time they added meaningful content I was already completely burned out of the game.

Rizzi

Come at me.

D3 is probably a good game now with all the content patches but vanilla Reaper of Souls was just as incomplete as vanilla D3.

There weren't even greater rifts for the first month and a half or so. By the time they added meaningful content I was already completely burned out of the game.

I agree with you completely.

Ketch

Come at me.

I think you forgot how bad vanilla d3 was.

Reaper of souls brought loot 2.0 with it and that by itself is enough to classify it as the actual release version of d3.

I think you forgot how bad vanilla d3 was.

Reaper of souls brought loot 2.0 with it and that by itself is enough to classify it as the actual release version of d3.

I remember quite well as the only D3 I ever played were vanilla D3 and vanilla RoS. I remember how Act 2 was a nigh insurmountable wall at Inferno difficulty before they flattened the difficulty curve. I do miss OWE monk, not dying in Butcher runs was the most fun I had in that game in all my time playing.

Loot 2.0 did not fix D3s issues as is apparent by Blizzard adding multiple layers on top of it throughout the years afterwards.
The biggest issue for me was that only specific items enabled new and exciting builds and thereby deciding how much fun I was having by the luck of the draw. For instance I was having little fun with my crusader until I got the weapon that cast multiple of those comets, once I got it I was all about stacking crits for huge amounts of aoe damage, a spectacle and somewhat effective. But once I grew tired of it and reached a roadblock in difficulty I looked at my stash and only had the beginnings of the required legendaries enabling new builds. Meaning I had to continue grinding the same content until I got lucky getting a missing piece that hadn't trashy stats.

Rizzi

Blizzard really just needs to remaster Diablo 2.
Although how their Diablo 1 anniversary event in Diablo 3 was, I don't really hold any hope of that.

Ketch

I remember quite well as the only D3 I ever played were vanilla D3 and vanilla RoS. I remember how Act 2 was a nigh insurmountable wall at Inferno difficulty before they flattened the difficulty curve. I do miss OWE monk, not dying in Butcher runs was the most fun I had in that game in all my time playing.

Loot 2.0 did not fix D3s issues as is apparent by Blizzard adding multiple layers on top of it throughout the years afterwards.
The biggest issue for me was that only specific items enabled new and exciting builds and thereby deciding how much fun I was having by the luck of the draw. For instance I was having little fun with my crusader until I got the weapon that cast multiple of those comets, once I got it I was all about stacking crits for huge amounts of aoe damage, a spectacle and somewhat effective. But once I grew tired of it and reached a roadblock in difficulty I looked at my stash and only had the beginnings of the required legendaries enabling new builds. Meaning I had to continue grinding the same content until I got lucky getting a missing piece that hadn't trashy stats.

Ok. That's fine. I'm not saying you should have liked reaper of souls, but trying to say it wasn't a MASSIVE improvement over vanilla is disingenuous.

Also, I don't know how many hours you put into d3, but putting 100s of hours into a game and then saying you didn't like it is beyond me.

Mupod

So tass and dehaka are overbuffed right

I hadn't played Tassadar for a while and picked him up last night. Used to be my favorite character and the first skin I ever got with shards was his red mecha version. So I was pretty happy to see some buffs for him.

I, uh, was top damage or close to it in all 3 matches I played, mostly thanks to his finger laser and the quest that buffs it. In one game I had the quest finished before we were level 5 thanks to a D.Va standing around in it. I should keep the replay of the last one as it was the biggest comeback I've ever had, we were down something like 25+ kills at some point. And no it wasn't Hanamura, lol.

Ok. That's fine. I'm not saying you should have liked reaper of souls, but trying to say it wasn't a MASSIVE improvement over vanilla is disingenuous.

Also, I don't know how many hours you put into d3, but putting 100s of hours into a game and then saying you didn't like it is beyond me.
I didn't say it wasn't an improvement I said it was just as incomplete as vanilla d3.

I think that attitude is asinine. Of course I liked playing diablo 3, the gameplay loop is engaging by design, until I didn't like it anymore and stopped playing eventually. This means I both liked and disliked playing the game in retrospective.

brian!

Diablo in the same realm as mmos and borderlands for me, i just dont get games based around loot

Probably gonna check out path of exile when that big patch hits tho 😱

Dreavus

Played some Rexxar last night, and he's pretty fun.

Is animal husbandry as good as it seems or is it a QM talent/noob trap? I've been taking it, and it lets you tank up like crazy by the mid-late game (as long as you don't die of course). In my last game I died a few minutes after taking it and then survived until the end, but even then by the end of the game Misha was very hard to kill. It is a bit of a weird thing because they have more hp but you kind of want to play safer so you don't lose the bonus.

Rizzi

Played some Rexxar last night, and he's pretty fun.

Is animal husbandry as good as it seems or is it a QM talent/noob trap? I've been taking it, and it lets you tank up like crazy by the mid-late game (as long as you don't die of course). In my last game I died a few minutes after taking it and then survived until the end, but even then by the end of the game Misha was very hard to kill. It is a bit of a weird thing because they have more hp but you kind of want to play safer so you don't lose the bonus.

It's very powerful. Just don't die. ;P

Alur

If they add Leah right after putting the Prime Evil skin in that would be weird IMO. Who knows, though. Gonna laugh when it really is a kobold.

kirblar

Leah...kinda is a whole lot of nothing as both a character and kit. There are a billion other people you'd do before doing her- Malthael, literally any of the other 5 Prime Evils, Adria, Sorceress/Sorcerer, Druid, Deckard Cain.

kirblar

I thought it was part of the whole anniversary celebration but looking at it another way it might not be.
Yeah, I think this is a EU-specific thing they're doing as a tangent to it, since they clearly have everyone there for some sort of internal event anyway.

brian!

What is the best build for Falstad? I'm trying his right click build, but the W one doesn't look too shabby either.

Standard is
1. Seasoned
4. All good, usually lifesteal
7. Boomerang
10. Gust
13. Flow rider/giant killer
16. Aerie
20. Nexus frenzy/fly

Top Bottom