• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

Yeah unfortunately i got the opposite with qm making me face teams of mages lol. Plus there's no way i can convince the artanis i play with to go blind since he is lazer life.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
trying Genji in AI matches, man he seems hard to use :(

brian!

Def stick with him tho he's really fun, it's harder to tell against ai since he's really mind-game heavy

Im like fairly certain he'll be nerfed after the next meta shift or maybe sooner

Dahbomb

trying Genji in AI matches, man he seems hard to use :(
It took me 3 games to adjust to him.

I recommend using the safe Shuriken build as starter with some E skill talents thrown in (the one that does damage after you dash through is good for example) and pick the Heroic that gives you the katana because that ult is insane.

You basically poke a lot with Shuriken/auto attacks and when the enemy gets really low then you dashing strike even deep into their lines. You secure the kill which refreshes the dashing strike then you dash out again, going back to poking and chipping away at your opponent until the next dashing strike moment.

When you have the ultimate, wait for a team fight and when someone gets low... dashing strike in after using up Shuriken charges, activate ultimate and start mashing that R button in the direction of enemies. If someone dies your E is refreshed so dash again then R again. The R has surprising range so don't let any stragglers get away.

That's also your role as Genji picking off stragglers. You should take very low risks with him starting out, go in only when you can secure kill with dashing strike and you have reflect to absorb retaliation damage. His damage isn't that high without ultimate and his HP is low, you have to play safe and calculated.

You also want to watch your angles when you dashing strike. You want to dash at an angle that puts you in a flanking position.

brian!

Quick tip, using your q puts it on a reload timer, you will always get 3 shurikens. This means it's good to throw out a shuriken because it lets you throw 5 in a row, 2 before the timer finishes and then 3 after the reload. With the q quest talent this extends to letting you throw 3, flip for 2 more, and then 3 more when you reload (you can do a lot of combinations of this). Now that you know you can do all those shurikens shingan sure does seem op huh.

psyfi

Banned
I haven't tried Genji yet, but he sounds dope. I'm just not confident enough in my knowledge, awareness, or skills to be up in the action like that. Not yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
won my first (real) game with Genji, but it was stressful as shit :(

looking at my 40k gold (man I went back up to 40k fast after Medivh) I would probably buy Probius, Genji, Lucio, Zul Jin right now, leaving Valeera, Guldan and Chogall left. Might aswell wait a couple of days to see what next week's sales are tho, they announce on fridays anyway.

Rhaknar

One thing I noticed right off the bat with Genji is the "Varian issue". Whats the Varian issue?

The Varian issue is the "why does the enemy Varian seem immortal and I go down like a cheap hooker looking for a meth fix?". The anwser is of course, because im bad at this game, but yeah, I was constantly with deflect on cd where enemy genjis always seem to have it up forever lol.

brian!

Kure's rationale for joining freedom: wanted to join a high rank team and freedom's cut was the one that more obviously got rid of dead weight, so it's a team that feels like itll only get better with him joining.

Rhaknar

I still maintain tht D-Va is OP at least for QM. Everytime I play against her without one I lose, everytime I play as her, I win. Well most of the time. /shrug

Those candles pretty much confirm is a Diablo character.

Normally I'd agree, but the misdirection with the last teaser means we have no real clue what to expect here

The background looks like the fortress from Diablo III unless is the bartender dwarf from Heartstone

Altairre

One thing I noticed right off the bat with Genji is the "Varian issue". Whats the Varian issue?

The Varian issue is the "why does the enemy Varian seem immortal and I go down like a cheap hooker looking for a meth fix?". The anwser is of course, because im bad at this game, but yeah, I was constantly with deflect on cd where enemy genjis always seem to have it up forever lol.

Here's a good video that covers Genji pretty well. Doing that stuff in game is the hard part obviously, I suck at him as well as you saw. Just gonna stick to X-Strike from here on out because at the moment I feel like Dragonblade is more dangerous to me than it is to the enemy team.

Rhaknar

I really hope its Deckrd, and I relaly hope it a support, and I really hope hes weird. But has actual heals, not shields or any of that bullshit, proper support :p

I really hope its Deckrd, and I relaly hope it a support, and I really hope hes weird. But has actual heals, not shields or any of that bullshit, proper support :p

Hes gonna out everyone to sleep. Literally.

"Stay a While and Listen" - Deckard recounts another one of his tales. Target is put to sleep for 3 seconds or until interrupted. Channeled ability. 30 second cooldown.

Trait: "Musty Old Tome" Deckard drops a tome that restores 80 mana or 120 health (whichever is needed more) when picked up by an ally. Passive ability. A tome drops every 12 seconds.

Rhaknar

Trait: "Musty Old Tome" Deckard drops a tome that restores 80 mana or 120 health (whichever is needed more) when picked up by an ally. Passive ability. A tome drops every 12 seconds.

Im actually a big fan of heals that your team has to actively use, except nobody ever does. Case in point, the priest light well in wow, or the Mystic in Tera, one of my favorite healing classes ever, it was super fun to coat the area in healing balls... and then see people dying because they wouldnt use them :(

psyfi

Banned
won my first (real) game with Genji, but it was stressful as shit :(

looking at my 40k gold (man I went back up to 40k fast after Medivh) I would probably buy Probius, Genji, Lucio, Zul Jin right now, leaving Valeera, Guldan and Chogall left. Might aswell wait a couple of days to see what next week's sales are tho, they announce on fridays anyway.
Wait, there's sales on heroes? How can you tell who's on sale?

accidentally found out you can troll teammates with medivh by placing portals on top of tributes on cursed hollow.
Impossible to start channeling the tribute because of priority in registering clicks.

"Stay a While and Listen" - Deckard recounts another one of his tales. Target is put to sleep for 3 seconds or until interrupted. Channeled ability. 30 second cooldown.

I was talking about an ability for Deckard like that with a friend. For flavor they should have Deckard randomly start reading from his writings featured in D3.

I'm pretty sure I won't soloq QM anymore. Much better after I finally broke down and just went unranked.
I'm the opposite. My games in unranked have been a complete disaster when I was spamming them a couple months ago and as a result my MMR is in the gutter. According to hotslogs 400 points below QM and Ranked.
Never touching that mode again.

Alur

I've found the comps much better but the games about the same in unranked. I just prefer playing who I want versus always being at the end of the draft.

Kioshen

You jumped on that avatar quick.

I was already a Team 8 fan but when I couldn't find an acceptable Alarak avatar I thought to myself well that will do.

I'm the opposite. My games in unranked have been a complete disaster when I was spamming them a couple months ago and as a result my MMR is in the gutter. According to hotslogs 400 points below QM and Ranked.
Never touching that mode again.

Well that's a shame. For sure my draft experience was pretty good this time so who knows how long that will last.

I've found the comps much better but the games about the same in unranked. I just prefer playing who I want versus always being at the end of the draft.

I'm the inverse. I don't really have a clear favorite except for Tracer and Kharazim right now but I like variety so I don't mind filling spots here and there to have a decent comp once in a while.

I suggested this earlier, but when the nap ends all of the target's abilities are placed on cooldown. ;-D

Rhaknar

HotS launched on June 2. A candle will go out every day and Blizz will probably reveal something on June 2.

I could see a friday reveal, they announced a stream showing off the hero for the 5th (monday) so reveal Friday and let the internet hype it up and discuss over the weekend.

edit: oh lol I just noticed that Samuro's little description says hes great at capturing merc camps... I bet thats why most of the Samuros dont join for any objectives and just go around doing camps. "its what the game told me to do noob!"

Top Bottom