• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Ketch

jesus. wtf.

anuxi_deal.gif
+
mayatomr_fume.gif
= 100K?

Maledict

It's three globals for the best team in the world with globals, versus a monstrous team fighting team for the best team fighting team in the world. Fnatic can win if they use globals to get early picks and then ride the level advantage to victory.

pretty sure Fnatic has been pulling this out a couple times already and usually handily beat dig with it.

The way the brackets fell is insane Fnatic had to go up against Korea exactly once and got 0-2d by MVP.

Dig fought MVP once and L5 3 times for an overall 9-3 record.

Alur

Why? You'd rather Korea continue to dominate than a Western team, EU no less, finally get a well deserved victory over their biggest rival after a series of close calls?

No doubt Fnatic had an easier road, but that's how it goes sometimes in both sports and in esports. They deserved a trophy after all of the heartbreak as much if not more than Dig has. At least Dig has consistently been able to win something. Fnatic has only consistently beat their head against Dig's door...and this time they finally got the monkey off their back.

scoobs

They beat Dig twice, who I consider to be at least the 2nd (maybe still 1st) best team in the world after watching this tourney. Fnatic deserves it, that was awesome. Plus now we get a Fnatic boy band music video, so we all win!

Alur

Hasn't ever been apparent to me that you don't like Fnatic. Why, if I may ask? You always have some colorful reasoning.

Alur

Turned out they were the better choice to go there in the end, though, no? It catapulted them to the next level. And then they went to another level today. mYi/Liquid has been nothing but a disappointment since IMO. Kind of the EU Tempo Storm if there ever was one.

scoobs

You know what the craziest part of this tourney was? The gap between EU and Korea is actually not that small. EU teams were very clearly ahead of them in all areas across the draft, macro, and even team fighting.

Turned out they were the better choice to go there in the end, though, no? It catapulted them to the next level. And then they went to another level today. mYi/Liquid has been nothing but a disappointment since IMO.
Since western clash ye but they went into that undefeated.
Fnatic beat Dignitas 3 times to get here, it's not a new level just a recognition of where they at.
They beat Dig twice, who I consider to be at least the 2nd (maybe still 1st) best team in the world after watching this tourney. Fnatic deserves it, that was awesome. Plus now we get a Fnatic boy band music video, so we all win!
They do deserve it and they probably would have won against MVP and L5 but their whole task going into this tournament and before was to beat Dignitas. Which they are good at.

Maledict

You know what the craziest part of this tourney was? The gap between EU and Korea is actually not that small. EU teams were very clearly ahead of them in all areas across the draft, macro, and even team fighting.

Yep - basically they swapped positions. Whereas it used to be rare but doable for a Euro team to beat a Korean team, now it's the other way around. I mean. Fanatic clearly threw their games versus MVP and dignitas has a 9-3 record against the Koreans right now. EU teams had the best meta, the best map control and the best team fighting.

Hopefully roll 20 will continue to improve, they at least seem hungry for it. Tempostorm just seem happy to be a big fish in a small pond and stick to winning NA.

Alur

Bakery can rest easier knowing they may have finally discovered the formula - or the confidence, or whatever it is - to compete with Korea. Now he just needs to worry about getting there again.

And I'm gonna be pissed if we don't get a Fnatic mount.

Prelude.

untitled-1ucus9.jpg

People don't want to win, they refuse to do anything that could make us win. I tried to get the team to attack the core at 50% when we were 5v2, and again when it was at 20%, but no, they didn't come. So there it is, a 45 minutes game ended with our Hammer shooting at a 50 skulls golem attacking our 90% core, instead of the Murky that was neverending murlocs'ing our core. Good stuff.

scoobs

Ya if there was anything else we learned from this tournament, it's that Genji & Anuberak are mega busted. But we already knew that, this just puts it front and center so expect the nerfs to come shortly

Dahbomb

I think Sgt Hammer players just park the tank and then go off browsing the Internet until they get warning that they are being attacked. Most of them rarely even attack the right target.

Maledict

Ya if there was anything else we learned from this tournament, it's that Genji & Anuberak are mega busted. But we already knew that, this just puts it front and center so expect the nerfs to come shortly

And Uther! All three of them seem to be distorting the meta quite a bit.

Celegus

Fnatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite team finally won it, so pumped! Give me that sweet sweet mount Blizz! A seriously amazing tournament all around, HGC is just getting better and better and is really helping NA/EU improve with the set schedules. Can't wait for Blizzcon (especially since I'll be there!!!)

untitled-1ucus9.jpg

People don't want to win, they refuse to do anything that could make us win. I tried to get the team to attack the core at 50% when we were 5v2, and again when it was at 20%, but no, they didn't come. So there it is, a 45 minutes game ended with our Hammer shooting at a 50 skulls golem attacking our 90% core, instead of the Murky that was neverending murlocs'ing our core. Good stuff.

120+ kills... 45 mins... Murky has least deaths on the team... aghhhh my eyes!

untitled-1ucus9.jpg

How does one go about dying 24 times?

Prelude.

How does one go about dying 24 times?
Probably Butcher and Valeera. People can't see stealth.
But I don't know, I still can't believe a team doesn't want to go as a group to a 20% core with 3 enemies dead.

Well 0.25 per death, so Murky really died 32 times. In a 45 minute match, that's like dying once every other minute. You can hardly ask someone to die more often than that!
With no respawn timers and a team always dead it's pretty easy to get killed, but it's still Murky so who cares as long as I get slime stacks.

Altairre

My condolences, that looks like a terrible match experience. 45 minutes...how the actual fuck?

Well 0.25 per death, so Murky really died 32 times. In a 45 minute match, that's like dying once every other minute. You can hardly ask someone to die more often than that!

With his death timer Murky sure can die more often than that (I know cause I've seen Murky players die more often in shorter matches). And looking at his stats he sure seems to have gotten more value than the other Murky who only died 3 (or 12) times which is not particularly surprising considering the enemy Murky passed up making inky for the march upgrade.

Probably Butcher and Valeera. People can't see stealth.
But I don't know, I still can't believe a team doesn't want to go as a group to a 20% core with 3 enemies dead.

That shit just happens a lot in qm. People don't know how easy they can end later in the game. Usually I'm the one who makes the call and at that point you can only hope that your team follows so that you don't have to back up again. It's why I always try to grab the DK or the plant when I know my team has a chance to end because otherwise there's a high chance it gets wasted attacking the keeps that are still standing instead of just hitting the damn core.

Prelude.

My condolences, that looks like a terrible match experience. 45 minutes...how the actual fuck?
The enemy team has 4 dead members with 40-50 seconds timers? Gotta get down and collect skulls. That's how. Camps, skulls, defend the golem, camps, skulls, defend the golem, etc.

They should buff the golems, they're so bad.

Need to add more non healing supports or supports where healing is less important but can work with other strategies.

It was great seeing Brightwing solo support win fanatic the last map given that her heals aren't that great against burst comps , just because of her other utility.

Top Bottom