• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Dahbomb

When I play games I hate playing with supports that can't protect against burst damage, don't hard CC and have sort of strong protection utility like Cleanse. It's no shock to me that people spam Uther and Malfurion.

Like screw playing Morales, Lucio and Lili. Too passive for me in team fights and ganks.

psyfi

Banned
After 76 levels and 266 games, I finally have enough heroes at level 5 to play ranked. Even still, I feel like I only 60% understand the game.

30 minute game on Cursed Hollow 3 of our people down just solod the core as Illidan with the help of some minions while they did boss.

Such a rough game with BW and Valeera on the other side.

brian!

Oh yeah sonya is beast against stitches too

But yeah ban uther pick malf pick tyrael gg ppl piggybacking off msb stitches picks

Or is malf bad now i dunno

brian!

They changed other stuff too i think tho i dont recall beyond removing (or nerfing?) mana regen on td, but yeh im prtty ignorant about his changes.

Reddit seems prtty surly when ppl mention that they dont think malth is very strong

Also, played against a chogall last night. We had malthael and leoric but still got wrekked (prob too overkill on the % dmg), i had no idea you could talent the bomb to be a long ass aoe silence, that shit is strong

Finally jumped into rank. Did 3 placememt matches. All 3 were pretty bad defeats, every match had one player amazed at how bad his team was and just trashed us entire game acting like he is an amazing player somehow placed into our group.

Think imma go back to quick match and it's crazy comp groups.

I got called a trash uther by one group. I outhealed enemy Malf 56k to 43k. I had 1 death and 56k damage absorbed. Meanwhile my team had deaths like up to 8. Feels just like healing in WoW. People standing in shit and diving and expecting me to keep them topped off and alive no matter what they get themselves into.

Alavard

Well, I learned something very useful last night - D.Va completely shuts Nova down. Luckily I was the D.Va player.

Nova just can't do any damage when D.Va is around due to her W, and D.Va's boosters are super useful for revealing her nearby if she's cloaked. This makes D.Va a perfect babysitter for your team's squishies. I had lots of moments where my allied Jaina went off solo to work on camps, and could have easily been picked off, but bringing D.Va along meant we were both untouchable.

For some strange reason the Nova even took Triple Tap, which D.Va's W trivially negates.

2-0 in placements with Uther of all heroes.

He feels good. Had a full on dive comp on BHB and thought we were gonna have a disaster but the opponents were kind enough to force fights. Which they had no chance in.

brian!

what is the go to Uther build(s)? Thinking I should give him more playtime.

1. W
4. Holy fire
7. Guardian/cleanse (guardian often straight up better, both useless with no cc)
10. Situation
13. Well met usually
16. Benediction
20. Redemption usually

There's an alternative fun build that revolves around getting q nuke at 4 and cdr from cc

Fancolors

Playing Lúcio, I'm convinced they should reduce the tick rate of his healing and up the numbers a bit in a way it gets higher than his current state but not better than what it used to be.

The drop from 3 to 2 is just too much

kirblar

Playing Lúcio, I'm convinced they should reduce the tick rate of his healing and up the numbers a bit in a way it gets higher than his current state but not better than what it used to be.

The drop from 3 to 2 is just too much
Halve the number of ticks, make the ticks go from 6->5.

Alavard

Changing the tick rate shouldn't be 100% necessary. Based on the numbers given in the status panel (when you hit C), health regen works fine with decimal values. No reason it couldn't functionally be 2.5, or 2.75 or whatever.

Fancolors

scoobs

oh ya thats been public info for a few months now at least. That's one of the reasons I thought it was insane he was "quitting" HOTS. His entire income depends on this game and he has a baby on the way.

Rizzi

Sometimes the community in this game is uh.. Pretty shitty.
We won Towers of Doom by 32 points, but apparently the Chromie didn't like the fact that I "let her die" twice, and proceeded to get their grouped up friend to spend the next ten minutes trash talking me, and sent a bunch of whispers after the game ended telling me how shitty I was.
Apparently it's my job to stop people from making shitty decisions I guess! Quick match is the most serious of match types.

Rizzi

Just block em.

QM has been pretty great for me ever since I accepted it for what it is.

Yeah, I did. Reported them too (like that'll do anything).
It takes a special kind of person to decide that no, this person has not heard enough of how terrible I think they are. I must track them down after the match to continue berating them.

Top Bottom