• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

Fnatic with yet another inexcusable throw. Jesus these guys are mentally weak.

They're clearly the better team until they decide to feed randomly at about the level 17 mark.

brian!

Illidan is finally clicking for me.

Illidan is awesome, most fun hero to play

Missed oppurtunity to pick tyrael over chen imo, tyrael is a stitches counter. Only good reason for chen here i can think of is to 1-1-3 and that opens the 3 to hook heavily

O shiet nm fountain cheese for first map obj, i can dig that

brian!

This game reminds me of those azmo spiders games where both teams have one thing they need to do

Jesus christ zaelia all ins aegised chen because it should be free and valla gets off the multishot for auriel heal a split second before

Maledict

Dig threw their chance to win this. They had to disengage once Bakery wasted the Divine Shield.

Instead they went balls deep.

Also Fnatic potentially dodges MVP entirely in KO stage.

That's what worries me. I fear Dig will lose now after being disheartened, and MVP will beat Fnatic like they did in the group stage. Dig are the only team to have beaten L5 and MVP this tournament.

Oh god... Mathael with an Aba hat and an Auriel crown is just a complete wrecking crew. Of course, you also have a hilariously large target on your head, but *man* is it fun.

WinFonda

Genji: This hero is clearly over powered but at least he has a skill cap. The evasion/defense is kinda too much. You have Hop, the dashing strike and the parry on top of that... not to mention dashing strikes refreshing when he kills so he can easily dive for a finisher. Once you learn never to miss dashing strikes and learn to use your shurikens, this hero starts doing work. I am not sure how to change him without making him really bad to be honest. His damage isn't that high and needs some skill to output good damage from him so you can't really nerf him on his damage... you kinda have to go after his defense/evasion I feel. .
I think it's a mistake to target his defensive options or mobility. He's still easily killable by some good old fashioned hard CC or strong burst. Ultimately Zeratul is a very similar hero and he's no more or less overpowered than the him imo. Genji is just hyper geared towards mobility; so potentially safer (altho he's not invis either; ontop of Zera having some sustain options with lifesteal) but also less damaging and Dragonblade is still not as good an ultimate as VP.

I think you can nerf genji by targeting his cooldowns and/or his mana costs. It's a simple but effective nerf. He's perhaps too spammy, and if he runs out of mana quicker suddenly you might find yourself jumping in and then not have enough mana to E out. but i think all his mobility and the few defensive options he has need to stay intact; otherwise he's not genji.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just realised that Alarak clicked much more with me lately because im using quick cast now :eek:

brian!

I dont feel like malth is particularly strong outside of his niche but i do feel like he can easily be op with careless buffs

Two things thatd be cool for him:
Qol counter for his trait so you can figure out going in and out better

When his trait is running there should be a gutteral scream

Shouta

I love shitty players that complain about others I had to take a Cho'Gall and a Stitches on solo in a lane with Malthael while the rest of the fucked around with a Sonya and Nazeebo that they couldn't kill. Got killed a few times because of getting hooked and shit so I had a few deaths so of course the fucker complains in Allied chat then sends me a whisper after I finally get some support to kill tanks for the win. He was playing Tracer and doing a shit tier job of anything at all in the match.

I love shitty players that complain about others I had to take a Cho'Gall and a Stitches on solo in a lane with Malthael while the rest of the fucked around with a Sonya and Nazeebo that they couldn't kill. Got killed a few times because of getting hooked and shit so I had a few deaths so of course the fucker complains in Allied chat then sends me a whisper after I finally get some support to kill tanks for the win. He was playing Tracer and doing a shit tier job of anything at all in the match.

It's always the most worthless teammates with the most to say. I don't respond much anymore when someone tries to flame. All you can do is keep playing.

I really wish they would revamp the MVP and card system in HotS. It isn't nearly as good as Overwatch's PotG and card system.

Do you want to team up and play with Dahbomb, me, and Mobius sometime? I'd love to eventually get a 5-man team of GAFers to play and learn with.

It's always the most worthless teammates with the most to say. I don't respond much anymore when someone tries to flame. All you can do is keep playing.
So goddamn true.

^ Blizz has said there's technical issues with the SC2 engine that hots runs on that wouldn't allow it to have a potg system like OW.

Also I'm kind of sick of every new OW skin being a "timed event exclusive" yeah Hots has em but OW has gone way overboard with it. I don't like being "forced" to play the game when I'm enjoying something else or have to spend money to get the skin.

Hots handles skins and the way to acquire em wayyy better than OW.

I was already getting tired of it by the time the uprising event rolled around in OW, I didn't even bother with the anniversary event cause I wasn't in the mood to play the game and I was playing gwent at the time.

DTC

Thoughts on Malthael so far?

To me his base kit seems fine, but 2 of his talents (Ethereal Existence and Tormented Souls) are pretty overtuned. He also has some pretty bad talents like Massacare and Last Rites. I think he'll be a very nice hero once they adjust his talents a bit.

Thoughts on Malthael so far?

To me his base kit seems fine, but 2 of his talents (Ethereal Existence and Tormented Souls) are pretty overtuned. He also has some pretty bad talents like Massacare and Last Rites. I think he'll be a very nice hero once they adjust his talents a bit.

He's a bit too strong at the moment. Even without Ethereal Existence (I sometimes take soul rip heals 4% of enemy hero's max health) he is powerful. He beats sonya, dehaka, and every other melee in lane, although thrall surprisingly trades well. If Malthael is on enemy team, take a falstad or lunara to lane against him and dodge his E.

He is susceptible to burst damage. Specifically someone like Jaina is really strong against him in fights because of the slow plus blow up potential, but she is out of meta so luckily I haven't had to face many.

I hope they don't nerf him too much because he seems very precarious. Too big a nerf to the armor will make him dumpster tier. If the guy is gonna be in the middle of your team, he needs some survivability when he gets stunned. Maybe scale down his Ethereal Existence to 30% extra armor instead of 45.

brian!

I dunno about that interaction but q w e all do incredible work against him and he can get d on him during an uther stun (tho bigger they fall is standard so he might want to save it for anub)

L5 comp way better this time around compared to last game

the positioning and spell blocking from the warrior players @ msb has been really great
jpl blocking for snitch every time he gets caught out and rooted

not sure I like the bo7 formatting. If dig gets there they have to 4:2 or better Fnatic and with how closely matches they are that's just not very realistic.
It just always struck me wrong to have a team with a win on record already going into a series.

And that's after playing an additional Bo5.

Edit:Same applies for L5. Though Fnatic never actually had to go up against them so far.

Top Bottom