• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Ketch

I don't understand why the arcane 8 stream does not work for me. I can watch other streams fine. Just this one won't load.

Alur

That is pretty weird. I have no clue on why that would happen. Have you tried it in another browser as well just to be sure?

what's bad is how easy he is, he's almost impossible to be punished and even gets sometimes a benefit from dying.

I have a 70% something winrate over 15 games with him over the last month and I've never been good with uther.

kirblar

what's bad is how easy he is, he's almost impossible to be punished and even gets sometimes a benefit from dying.

I have a 70% something winrate over 15 games with him over the last month and I've never been good with uther.
Yeah, I do well with Uther when I play him now and I was never good w/ him before. He's super facerolly.

otoh we went from piano uther to just picking benediction so pretty much every uther player should be better but yeah he does a bit of everything too good.

Holy Fire even gives him decent enough waveclear and his W is pretty good to push waves both healing and damaging both waves

Alur

He'd been pretty fed up with the game for a bit. And he openly hated OW because of how team reliant it was. He said he still has b.net installed for Destiny 2 if anyone needs to get up with him.

scoobs

A well placed uther's E and everything over right at the start of any match.

That guy saves the team even dead

Ya Ufer is real good. E + Divine Storm is really fun.

So I finally decided it was time to play Malthael and OH BOY is he OP. Goodness he does a boatload of damage, and MY GOD does he heal back like all of his hp with his 2 second CD Q.

So I finally decided it was time to play Malthael and OH BOY is he OP. Goodness he does a boatload of damage, and MY GOD does he heal back like all of his hp with his 2 second CD Q.

dude, you're late to the whole party. You should have played him when he was legit broken. Now he's only really good!

scoobs

I also quite enjoy how easily he mercs. He's creeping back up to top win rate again, wonder what the next nerf will be

And ya, I know I'm way late to the party. I tend to ignore new heroes until their hype has fizzled out for some reason.

Zackat

Only hero I played that was truly OP was release Thrall. What a beast he was.

I don't play many heroes on release anymore, except supports

Altairre

Seems like people are really bad at playing him then. Almost every time I see a Malthael in a game they just mostly die a lot. Doesn't matter if he's on my or the opposing team. I personally have only played him in a brawl so I don't know.

Prelude.

Seems like people are really bad at playing him then. Almost every time I see a Malthael in a game they just mostly die a lot. Doesn't matter if he's on my or the opposing team. I personally have only played him in a brawl so I don't know.
He's awful in QM, he can't heal enough off of 5 squishies. But generally, he starts getting good when he completes his lv4 quest.

Should they change Hunts stun to a massive slow? It feels wrong to give a hero like Illidan a stun and changing it to 80 90% slows has been their method so far when they wanted to give a hero a quasi stun.

scoobs

Should they change Hunts stun to a massive slow? It feels wrong to give a hero like Illidan a stun and changing it to 80 90% slows has been their method so far when they wanted to give a hero a quasi stun.
Nope they shouldn't. Hunt was the joke heroic for 3 years, it's ok if it's suddenly good in today's meta.

scoobs

Nerfing a mediocre hero makes no sense. It's ok for heroes to be good at things. Hunt takes a lot of skill to pull off, it's usually an instant feed ability in the hands of most players

Ketch

If illidan needs any nerfs (which he doesn't) they should move some of his baseline/talented survivability onto metamorphosis

Honestly, they just need to remove Tass shields.

You might be right but the stun doesn't conform with the rest of his kit imo, he's about high mobility not lockdown. It's the only talent in his whole tree that gives him any CC except the generic nexus blades.

scoobs

You might be right but the stun doesn't conform with the rest of his kit imo, he's about high mobility not lockdown. It's the only talent in his whole tree that gives him any CC except the generic nexus blades.

Its a high mobility skill, it sends him across the map. It fits perfectly into his kit, its ok for him to have 1 CC thats on a 60 sec CD lol

kirblar

If illidan needs any nerfs (which he doesn't) they should move some of his baseline/talented survivability onto metamorphosis

Honestly, they just need to remove Tass shields.
Tass shields are fine, but they need to be massively needed in amount and the rest rebalanced.

I don't want Illidan nerfs because he's too strong and would welcome meta buffs (it's both weak and doesn't pack any oomph) the way hunt is being used these days just goes against the spirit of the character imo.

Ketch

I don't want Illidan nerfs because he's too strong and would welcome meta buffs (it's both weak and doesn't pack any oomph) the way hunt is being used these days just goes against the spirit of the character imo.

Maybe lore wise. But hunt has always been meant for this and it makes sense with his kit.

Alur

I have no dog in this fight but I will say it's neat seeing him back in competitive.

Now when he was rampant in QM/HL that was another story...

Maybe lore wise. But hunt has always been meant for this and it makes sense with his kit.
it's meant for midfight short range stuns?
And i still don't think its OP in aaaaany way, shape, or form. He's got a stun on a 60 second cooldown that you can battle momentum down to like... a 30 second cooldown? A 30 second cooldown stun is a problem for you?
conceptually yes and on a hero like Illidan even more. Probably not OP though.

Alur

I'm not saying I want this, but just for the sake of discussion...

What if they gave Hunt a reverse radius? Like you can't use it inside "x amount of range". So it's mobility use is still in tact but just using it as an engage post engage in a fight or as an interrupt isn't as common.

Top Bottom