• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

I do alright with her, just most of my games came at her release and it didn't go well. Haven't spent much time on her since then.

Alur

I enjoyed Dunk casting and doing analyst work for that bit while he was doing it. Think with some practice and polish he could be a more nuanced version of Dread (ie: same or better knowledge level, but with less of his own narrative being pushed).

brian!

Yeah i thought he was pretty good, the main thing he did better than dread was logicking out stuff he didnt understand at first glance. For dread he's often either completely wrong (they should have done x, why would they pick y i dont understand and thus disagree) or he'll start connecting the dots but stop short. Whenever he attempts to rationalize a decision he uses that tone of "hey maybe thia i dunno?", and a lot of the time he'll start with the right concept but end up in the alps. Dunk is a lot more considered with that kind of thing.

He did have issues with pushing his narrative but a lot of the times hed catch himself, like you could tell he was actively trying to improve.

scoobs

I had to buy this skin, its so godlike. Also first Kerrigan game in weeks and just smaaaaashed kids
vuH4kpN.jpg

Also to contribute to the conversation, the problem I have w/ Dread is he is one of those casters that always says "oh my god this is the craziest thing ive EVER seen" about everything he sees.

scoobs

I've heard people having that issue of not seeing those stats but I get them like every game... its kind of pointless, just tells you how you did on that hero in comparison to similar players.

Alur

Yeah i thought he was pretty good, the main thing he did better than dread was logicking out stuff he didnt understand at first glance. For dread he's often either completely wrong (they should have done x, why would they pick y i dont understand and thus disagree) or he'll start connecting the dots but stop short. Whenever he attempts to rationalize a decision he uses that tone of "hey maybe thia i dunno?", and a lot of the time he'll start with the right concept but end up in the alps. Dunk is a lot more considered with that kind of thing.

He did have issues with pushing his narrative but a lot of the times hed catch himself, like you could tell he was actively trying to improve.

Really kind of sad that Dunk got out a little later than Dread. In a perfect world we would have a scene big enough to support both getting weekly work, but as-is Dunk just got burnt by coming into it too late. On the other hand, he's probably out earning Dread with his stream anyway so he's probably like nbd.

I had to buy this skin, its so godlike. Also first Kerrigan game in weeks and just smaaaaashed kids

Also to contribute to the conversation, the problem I have w/ Dread is he is one of those casters that always says "oh my god this is the craziest thing ive EVER seen" about everything he sees.

I was all-in on Kerrigan on PTR when Cassia and 2.0 was on there (cheerleader skin hype). I had some really good games and some where I couldn't hit the first combo. I should go back to it one of these days.

And re: dread craziest thing ever, that was always my hangup with Khaldor. He used to flip his shit hardcore for everything. He's not as bad now, but I still think he's the most over the top of the regular bunch.

I thought it shows up every match. It even will contort itself to find something good to say.

You lose a 10 minute match? "You dealt 38k siege damage, compared to 37.9k from similar players. (Hero league last 30 days)"

scoobs

Glaurung is playing different heroes than his usual 3-4, I think that's going to end up being the most important thing for roll20 moving forward. They need more flexible drafts.

So every single game I play Ragnaros I do top siege, top hero damage, get top xp, and get MVP regardless of what build I go... I just played 3 games with fucking E build and obliterated the enemy team each game. Granted, this is also quick match, but I just dominate with him regardless of map or build. He gives you full control of the map with Lava Wave, crazy team fight damage, and crazy objective pressure/defense with his trait. I can't stop winning with this fucker.

I can't believe E build isn't trash.

Alur

I've been enjoying watching Alex Ich late at night. Haven't seen any salt from him and he talks about what's going on and interacts a bit. He has some kind of friendly rivalry with Fan because they always end up on opposite teams.

scoobs

I've been enjoying watching Alex Ich late at night. Haven't seen any salt from him and he talks about what's going on and interacts a bit. He has some kind of friendly rivalry with Fan because they always end up on opposite teams.

And he's insanely good at Tassadar. God damn his Force Walls are next level

Alur

Yeah I have seen him on Tass a lot. I like that he streams both League and HOTS...kind of like what Scarra and Dyrus intimated they might do but didn't ultimately. Granted he's only hitting 1200 viewers nowadays with League compared to them, but still.

Yeah I have seen him on Tass a lot. I like that he streams both League and HOTS...kind of like what Scarra and Dyrus intimated they might do but didn't ultimately. Granted he's only hitting 1200 viewers nowadays with League compared to them, but still.

To be fair, after the tryhard for good, Echo fox threw money at them to make a LoL pro team. Dyrus when he announced it later on said that they wouldn't have time to stream HOTS as much. I may be wrong but it did seem like they both really enjoyed playing HOTS. It's a lot to ask to have them stream 2 games while also trying to compete (even if they are a bit casual)

But on topic, yeah alex's stream is generally cool. He's really really good

Alur

Yeah, if you saw him cast last year you would've already known I guess. That's why he does the standing desk and treadmill I assume. Also LOL @ that video. Begging for a GIF.

You should've kept the GIF chain going. Was almost like that one time everyone changed their avatar's to a different facing version of Milly's and it was all over one page of the thread.

Alur

If Jake went as hard at selling his brand and podcasts all the time as he does during the interludes in this stream we might not all be so hard on him.

EDIT: lol lurker in the woods

Top Bottom