• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Mathi

The new Sonya skin is so awesome, gonna have to cave in and buy some loot boxes for this.

e52276310b44a395fbc91fd277b93a0d.png

c812524be3e9a0eeb5128fc726d84078.png

scoobs

How do you use him?

Sometimes i go D build and troll my team

So here's the build, I don't think you can stray too far from this.
6z78xn9.png

Basically how I play him is like this:
-Start game in the 4 man lane stacking his Q on heroes (usually finished in 3-4 minutes)
-Always trait the lane(s) I'm not in off CD all game long
-At level 4 start spamming out his W minion
-At 10 you can start killing people, self-cast R+Q before a major fight to soften the backline up
-Save your E for any front line that goes in too deep that you can either kill or just want to zone away
-R+Q anyone who's at 50-60% hp, if you don't get the kill your team will clean it up
-Obviously R+Q anyone running away, you have to predict where they'll be which comes with time and practice
-Don't forget you can instantly clear waves, so look to Q waves when theres no fight happening and your lanes aren't pushed out
-Oh and don't forget to AA. Azmo AAs are not insignificant.

Mathi

Same, didn't realize there was a version without the helm. Are there multiple tints or just this one for both?
Oh I assume there are at least 4 or 5 different tints for each skin, just like the recent ETC, Anub and Li-Ming skins or the beach stuff from the summer event. These were just the only two pictures I could find in their gamescom presskit.

Altairre

So many people just fight in hammer's range and don't dive her, it's incredible. Or the old "running into range, running out of range" dance to take a huge amount of unnecessary damage while accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Prelude.

Weekends are usually "what's the objective?", but today I got to experience the opposite, "fuck everything else, objective time" with mercs pushing in on all lanes and nobody cares.

So many people just fight in hammer's range and don't dive her, it's incredible. Or the old "running into range, running out of range" dance to take a huge amount of unnecessary damage while accomplishing absolutely nothing.
If only we had an Illidan. Oh wait.

Altairre

Weekends are usually "what's the objective?", but today I got to experience the opposite, "fuck everything else, objective time" with mercs pushing in on all lanes and nobody cares.

If only we had an Illidan. Oh wait.

And then they're pinging like a madman because they're taking a 4v5 teamfight while I'm trying to prevent our buildings from dying to camps.

Also did that Illidan hunt hammer once?

Prelude.

And then they're pinging like a madman because they're taking a 4v5 teamfight while I'm trying to prevent our buildings from dying to camps.

Also did that Illidan hunt hammer once?
I don't think so, he was only hunting on low health heroes, like we were jumping on a guy 3v1 and he'd hunt in on him.

Alur

I don't even understand the draw of watching it. My understanding of it is that it's a better version of H1Z1, though, so there's just so little you see other than your own character I don't get it. Like, the ability to kill or die instantly without even realizing it sucks from my POV, but clearly it's popular as hell.

PUBG is funny. I enjoy watching streamers I follow from different games play it but have no interest watching people that play it main.

I watch tons of PUBG on Twitch (love the game), but have little interest in the "eSports" side of it. The spectator system still blows and it shows when they try to do a major invitational for a game still in beta with tons of bugs.

as I undersstand it you look for a corner somewhere and hunker down waiting for the rest to clear the map out.

On a serious note you're forgetting the looting and the mindgames. The shrinking pvp area eventually encourage people to brawl it out.

Wow, I didnt noticed you have to work more on solo Q than team ranked, like you need to reach bronze in team league to get the basic mount compared to solo Q's gold requirement to get the basic mount

Prelude.

Nothing more exciting than camping on a huge map until you have to move to another hiding spot. At least it's harder to do in 1st person now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brawl with 10 Chromies? some people here must have popped a aneurism when they saw that.

Alur

Team League channel doesn't pick up til the season is almost over. Then there will be people spamming it looking to finish their 10 placements.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Next Week

Upcoming Hero Sales
Falstad — Sale Price: 312 Gems
Li Li — Sale Price: 150 Gems

The following Skins and Mounts will enter the Featured Item Rotation, and will be unlockable using Gems until next week's Collection Update:

Upcoming Featured Skins
Dark Storm Lord Falstad
Snowy Adventurer Li Li
Shadowmoon Hellblade Samuro
Ymirjar Leoric
Medic Uther
Covert Raider Rexxar

Upcoming Featured Mounts
Space Lord's Starbreaker
Turquoise Cloud Serpent

the wait for Gul'Dan and Valeera continues.

kirblar

I think they are gonna have bigger troubles than missing Blizzcon if they end up in the crucible.
Are they really 6th if they lose this?
They should maintain 5th this week, even if Zealots wins, cause their tiebreaker is better.

Garrosh bringing Rag back to the meta as a way to give him mobility is pretty sweet. Probably could see Zarya as well in that role.

blessed hammer used to be the talent to pick for some time when all you were looking for was to make johanna pressure just a tad more.

Terrible talent tho, can't even hit someone twice when they are standing right next to you

kirblar

Oh, I thought it was only 2->5 who made playoffs, with 6 getting the limbo zone of "too shitty for playoffs, too good for crucible"
i cant believe a pro player picked that hammer talent for johanna, what the fuck lol
maybe you can scout with it??
The spinning one? It's just extra damage.

I hadn't realized 3 teams per major region make it to Blizzcon I thought that was clash only.

So there's gonna be 12+ 1 per minor region there, or was it that minor regions get their own event?

Top Bottom