• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

I can try, just depends on when you guys play. This time of day during the week I'm normally out, but a little earlier or later I might be able to.

It didn't stutter as much as I expected at that much latency. It wasn't as good as the first time, but it was dece except for trying to see Zera in that first game. That one was rough.

Hey all
Is there a config guide to make this run okay on a potato? Currently bounces between 10-25fps on my laptop (AMD A6 something). I have everything on low + dx9, disabled shadows and dropped texture terrain(?) to 8 in the config file. Anything else I can do?

kirblar

Hey all
Is there a config guide to make this run okay on a potato? Currently bounces between 10-25fps on my laptop (AMD A6 something). I have everything on low + dx9, disabled shadows and dropped texture terrain(?) to 8 in the config file. Anything else I can do?
Turn off reverb in sound settings. (might be something else, but there's a processing layer that eats fps.)

Alur

Not to my knowledge. I can run it on my old Mac but, like with yours, the performance isn't great.

EDIT: Forgot about the reverb thing. That does help a lot.

Milly79

Tempo getting dunked on by R20.

I wonder when (if ever) they make some roster changes.

I also see Justing has moved onto Garrosh.

Roll20 more like Troll20

I wonder when (if ever) they make some roster changes.
who would they pick up? There are no real standout free agents and few in HGC are better than anyone they have and willing to part ways with their team.

At best I'd look at switching Cattle and Cauthon as Fury Jun and Psalm have always been the standout players but no idea whom to replace them with.

Alur

Man these viewer numbers are killing me. We went from near 20k every week to 15k and now we're at 12k with two of the best of NA against each other on a Saturday afternoon/evening. It's definitely declining IMO which concerns the shit out of me.

re: Tempo, the one thing you can be sure of is that if Reynad sponsors a team, sometime not long afterward they start underperforming. Has happened 3 times now. I don't know who they'd pick up either but what they got going isn't working. They'll just have to wait til the rosterpocalypse once Blizzcon is set and see who is available I guess?

EDIT: Tomb games might be the most boring and often most early decided in HOTS esports.

EDITx2: That double flip. kreygasm

Alur

Yeah. Always surprised me how close they are since Dunk was the captain and he removed Biceps in order to get Fan IIRC...and then they won NA regional and Blizzcon. Yeah, it was Biceps ---> Fan.

we would have to dig deep to find out if we even could. Either they buried the hatchet or it might have been a mutual parting.

In retrospect Cloud 9 sounded just as fucked up as Tempo admitted to being at the time.

Alur

I think almost all these teams are, with Fnatic being an exception. And Biceps/bambam leaving could've been mutual. IIRC it wasn't painted that way at the time, though, I think he was upset.

Alur

Fan for Arth because of iDream issues has to be the most WTF move so far. Fury off of GFE for his girlfriend is a close second.

Alur

Nah most wtf moment was Dignitas super team post blizzcon never even making it to their first official game together

That's down to Bakery's incessant tinkering, which he does constantly and without fail. Hard to rate any of them since it's so frequent.

You are talking hypotheticals, though. We assume that Dig would've been amazing...we KNOW that C9 were the world champions and couldn't even keep the team together for one official tournament/game afterward.

That's down to Bakery's incessant tinkering, which he does constantly and without fail. Hard to rate any of them since it's so frequent.

You are talking hypotheticals, though. We assume that Dig would've been amazing...we KNOW that C9 were the world champions and couldn't even keep the team together for one official tournament/game afterward.
Cloud 9 broke apart during the gold club tournament.

With Dig athero and schwimpi left to Fnatic because scrims were going terribly. That's corroborated by both bakery and schwimpi seperately.
It was a wtf moment because we never got to see the hypothetical take place. We also only found oyt through sleuthing the team rosters locked in for qualifiers

Alur

I forgot that Fan did begin China. Then when they went for the actual Gold Club tournament he was gone and Arth was there and IIRC made his famous 1 hour comment somewhere in that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
assuming the leak order is correct, next up after KT is going to be
Overwatch's Anna
right?

Or was it
Firebat
?
Firebat->Anna->Junkrat->Alextraza
? I cant find the list anymore :/

Alur

Don't think you need to spoiler it.

I thought it was Firebat next but I only saw the list twice.

EDIT: the clamor for Garrosh size increase is justified IMO. He looks too small.

Milly79

TFW you lose most of the fights and are behind almost all the game, then split push Zag kicks in.

wj8lKN0.jpg

Man these viewer numbers are killing me. We went from near 20k every week to 15k and now we're at 12k with two of the best of NA against each other on a Saturday afternoon/evening. It's definitely declining IMO which concerns the shit out of me.

As someone who watched a ton early in the year, the multi-week gaps and number of team changes (names, rosters, etc.) have definitely resulted in me watching less.

Milly79

Jesus Christ. I thought we had lost for sure looking at the comps, but as soon as we loaded in this Auriel says "don't worry, I'm a carry". And holy fuck, did he ever.

#81 GM. 471-200 record on Auriel.

Alur

As someone who watched a ton early in the year, the multi-week gaps and number of team changes (names, rosters, etc.) have definitely resulted in me watching less.

I can understand that. That was part of why I ranted about Zoia saying teams/players needed more time off midseason...when no other spectator sport does that and a good percentage of the teams are sitting at home anyway.

HGC has improved the frequency and lowered the amount of roster swaps occurring, and it's also provided higher quality coverage and arguably better competition...yet somehow it is still doing worse. It's really kind of amazing to see this thing dwindle year over year from the Road To Blizzcon + Regionals + Blizzcon 1 viewership heights to now.

Eyeh4wk

When did healing totem stop having vision? It used to, right? WTF

Edit: humm, Lili's ward and Lucio's boombox also don't have vision anymore. I'm pretty sure the boombox had before.

Top Bottom