• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

I'd like to get into Azmodan again. In Alpha I went Lili/Tassadar only (cause they were insanely OP in their original forms), then Azmodan/Tyrael only until I finally learned a little bit about how to play after picking up Valla. I had a p good winrate on Azmo, like 57%, but just stopped for some reason.

Milly79

My top 3 winrates with over 50 games played are:

Anub 58gp, 69% (Played when beetles were OP)
Butch 70gp, 65.7% (Played well before he was buffed)
Valla 99gp, 64.7%

scoobs

I'd like to get into Azmodan again. In Alpha I went Lili/Tassadar only (cause they were insanely OP in their original forms), then Azmodan/Tyrael only until I finally learned a little bit about how to play after picking up Valla. I had a p good winrate on Azmo, like 57%, but just stopped for some reason.

He's just so fun to play. Pushing off lanes, dunking fools, summoning a million minions. Idk how he's not more popular.

Alur

That Butcher winrate is still insanity.

I think the reason I don't jive with Azmo is that he feels very one and done in team fights. Like you're definitely far more useful in the rest of the game, but the team fights are inevitable when you mix in random plebs. I just don't know how to get more out of him in teamfights really.

I think the reason I don't jive with Azmo is that he feels very one and done in team fights. Like you're definitely far more useful in the rest of the game, but the team fights are inevitable when you mix in random plebs. I just don't know how to get more out of him in teamfights really.

I think the main problem with butcher is getting meat when he is not participating on the kill. Butcher can farm meat early by doing nothing just stay close to minions or TFs and farm meat.

Azmo is great but people tends to forget they will always be 4vs5 because azmo is busy pushing lanes and can only contribute with low burst damage on TFs unless azmo is going Q build

Alur

I did do the E build a few times a couple months back and I won most of those, it just felt weird I guess. I suck at the dunks for real, though. Can land a palm in a split second but can't hit more than 1 person with a dunk to save my life.

brb changing name to Bricktrain

scoobs

Give em' a juicy Q to soften them up a bit before the fight, let your tank engage and wait for someone to get to like... 60% hp. Dunk city. Fight over.

Alur

I'll give him a go tonight or tomorrow just to see if I can do any better. Like I said, my overall winrate isn't bad, but I always feel so ineffective and like I was carried everywhere but on the EXP bar. Maybe I can do better.

I want to send my prayers out to based Blizzard for a decent bundle with the new skins included. Don't fuck us, please. kthx

Milly79

The Murloc Dear Martha was amazing, loool

Also Scott said there is a mobile game called Planet of Heroes that is a mobile moba and basically HoTS lite.

Prelude.

On Kerrigan's nerfs:
Developer Comment: Kerrigan's win-rate has been at a steady 1-2% climb each patch for the last few months. While she is not demanding picks or bans at the moment, as of last week she was sitting on top of the Nexus. After closely analyzing her numbers, there was nothing standing out as a major reason for her climb upwards. So instead of doing anything massive, we felt it best to do a slight damage redistribution. Moving a small percentage of her Ravage damage into her other abilities will help with some talent pick/win rate issues while also bolstering her skill-shot abilities.

That's kinda weird. I guess the damage change is ok, but maybe they removed Adaptation just to give her less mobility and fix global Kerrigan at the same time.

scoobs

The power of kerrigan is her combo. The reason her win rate is so high is nobody fucking plays her except for kerrigan mains, and we always win. These nerfs will do nothing except make Q build completely useless

Prelude.

Chen, Kerrigan, and Butcher were all well outside of our win-rate bounds (45% - 55%) in all modes of play and at all MMR bands. That said, sometimes that is okay and we often justify leaving Heroes outside of bounds for many reasons: sometimes to feel out a trend or meta-shift, sometimes we just need more information on where to address the problem, and sometimes just because they are so niche and/or hard-to-play. Yesterday's patch had a swath of small numerical changes to tighten up these outliers - at the moment we have a handful of over-performing Heroes and very few under-performing ones (which is great!), but that means that there were more nerfs given out than usual. Nobody likes to see Heroes get nerfed (yes, not even us), but it is a necessary evil while balancing such a dynamically shifting game.
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofth...e_patch_got_comments_on_kerrigan_and/dm2p2zj/

Seeing Chen mentioned there is hilarious.

I checked my QM-only stats, and even though he's definitely not a popular hero, I have a 53% winrate with him and 71% against.

brian!

On Kerrigan's nerfs:

That's kinda weird. I guess the damage change is ok, but maybe they removed Adaptation just to give her less mobility and fix global Kerrigan at the same time.

Really feel like the # redistribution and the reason given are just a guise for fixing q clear + shield on infernal shrines and global kerrigan, stuff they didnt intend.

The blogging guy wrote a post about why he thinks big orgs dont care about hots: https://trentesports.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/why-top-tier-esports-orgs-dont-care-about-hots/

The power of kerrigan is her combo. The reason her win rate is so high is nobody fucking plays her except for kerrigan mains, and we always win. These nerfs will do nothing except make Q build completely useless

??? They took 18 damage from it, q build will still be fine, it still does everything you go q build for besides clearing infernal shrines really quick

Prelude.

To be honest I'm surprised they're not touching Ass Mastery + Aggressive Def + Torrasque laning, I like it and I think it's fine since it's a lv20 thing, but is it 100% intended? Maybe it's not popular enough to be an issue. I mean, Kerrigan isn't popular to begin with, but still.

brian!

Oh shit i never even thought of that, havent seen that in action so i dunno how bs it is but it is a lvl 20 thing so maybe it's fine? Does the cd for ultralisk count down after cast or after ultralisk death?

W/r/t https://trentesports.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/why-top-tier-esports-orgs-dont-care-about-hots/

I feel like a lot of the points and solutions are off-base but i agree so heavily when he points out that lcs privileged player stories (despite how forced and cheesy it felt initially) and hgc is heavily lacking this in how it presents itself.

Prelude.

Oh shit i never even thought of that, havent seen that in action so i dunno how bs it is but it is a lvl 20 thing so maybe it's fine? Does the cd for ultralisk count down after cast or after ultralisk death?
After death. But when you're that late in the game, especially on certain maps, it's pretty easy to keep the Ultralisk in a safe lane and make the egg hatch over and over. You can even micro it if Kerrigan is dead so you can technically keep it up forever.

I started using it recently and it's a lot of fun, but you're stuck with a shitty ult until 20.

scoobs

??? They took 18 damage from it, q build will still be fine, it still does everything you go q build for besides clearing infernal shrines really quick
That was the only map where Q build was even worth taking. Nobody gonna run the Q talents at 1 and 4 anymore.

brian!

I dont think ive ever seen a pro game with kerrigan that didnt go q build, but yeah at the same time i dont think ive seen her picked outside of infernal in forever lol, hmm imo the q talents are good and the nerf doesnt hurt it much but im not really out there playing her so ill just defer to you

I just dont understand how it affects q build beyond making it harder to last hit something (and you still get forever to get the reset)

brian!

After death. But when you're that late in the game, especially on certain maps, it's pretty easy to keep the Ultralisk in a safe lane and make the egg hatch over and over. You can even micro it if Kerrigan is dead so you can technically keep it up forever.

I started using it recently and it's a lot of fun, but you're stuck with a shitty ult until 20.

Yeah it might be the case that the negatives outweigh the positives, but that's a really cool interaction

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Garrosh is fun as shit, holy crap.

Saved a Varian like 3 times just now with the throw lol >_<

Very team dependant tho.

Milly79

They really need to implement better how to claim that shit, lol.

Gotta click the individual items and then claim.

It even told me the GFE stuff wasn't claimable yet the button was clickable.

Alur

xqf23YD.jpg

Purty. Got R20 and Dig. I might get GFE and Fnatic in the future, /shrug.

Alur

Told y'all a while back, I had gotten a big package of gems as it dropped...and then all the good shit you want to get is locked behind shards so I haven't even had to use that many. Feels bad man. That's why I offered the prayer up for these skins coming out.

kirblar

Told y'all a while back, I had gotten a big package of gems as it dropped...and then all the good shit you want to get is locked behind shards so I haven't even had to use that many. Feels bad man. That's why I offered the prayer up for these skins coming out.
Yeah, I've been sitting on a lot for a while as well cause they only recently un-fucked bundles.

Alur

It's been frustrating. I don't care to buy the stuff but it wasn't til post Summer event that we got any real variety in a bundle. They have been better the last two times out, I agree, though I still wish they'd either put all tints in a bundle or let us pick from the available tints for our own bundle.

scoobs

I just played 26 straight Azmodan matches. Yes, 26. I went 20-6, and my MMR climbed from 3150 to 3321. Good times. I got MVP every single game except for 4 of them. Azmo is so busted if you're good at dunking! :D

Milly79

I've played Malth for 20 games straight and I'm 17-3, granted this goes back almost 2 weeks. Just goes to show how much less I play now. :(

62.2% WR on Malth in 45 games. Not too shabby considering it was booty tier for the longest time.

Alur

Does it pop up in-game you have new items? Cause I claimed my spray and mount and nothing.

Guess I have to contact support. It was linked to my old name (same account) before name changing. I think that messed it up.

It should show your items where Familie was saying, but it doesn't show them as new for some reason. I had to dig for mine as well, was worried.

Milly79

I didn't realize it was a portrait and I also didn't realize how close it was to one of the seasonal mount rewards.

Needless to say it was there immediately. &#129318;&#127995;*&#9794;&#65039;

I just played 26 straight Azmodan matches. Yes, 26. I went 20-6, and my MMR climbed from 3150 to 3321. Good times. I got MVP every single game except for 4 of them. Azmo is so busted if you're good at dunking! :D

How do you use him?

Sometimes i go D build and troll my team

Maledict

Which dunk build are you using when solo? Taste for Blood or Sieging Wrath?

Top Bottom