• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

There is no way they let you keep chaining Es off buildings like you can currently do w/ Kel'Thuzad. Same basic issue that Cassia had with Charged Strikes.

i really like the mechanic but it does give off that helpless feeling. hopefully it doesnt bother ppl too much. I wouldn't say it's as big an offender as charged strikes but yeah it gives off the same vibe. really want them to keep it in though lol

more than anything his quest needs to be fixed atm

MadGear

Are the new Naxxramas themed skins limited for the duration of this event again? I really like the Jaina one but it's quiet expensive.

Maledict

i really like the mechanic but it does give off that helpless feeling. hopefully it doesnt bother ppl too much. I wouldn't say it's as big an offender as charged strikes but yeah it gives off the same vibe. really want them to keep it in though lol

more than anything his quest needs to be fixed atm

What's wrong with his quest?

scoobs

Are the new Naxxramas themed skins limited for the duration of this event again? I really like the Jaina one but it's quiet expensive.

Should not be limited time. The limited time skins are for repeating events like Christmas, Summer, Chinese New Year, Halloween, etc.

Alur

Nope, just regular skins not holiday skins.

What's wrong with his quest?

It's too easy to stack for too much power, like he said. It needs to be redistributed somehow. I assume they'll just add more stacks to it, but that feels bad for him...but I would assume it will need some balancing.

brian!

someone on reddit brought up the idea that kt could be a mid-game spike hero, like getting his quest at ~9 could be part of his identity. i think that's a cool notion but the way to implement that would be to have him fall off later on (which he doesn't) and I don't think an idea like that would work for this game. in terms of nerfing it theyd want to strike a balance between newer and more hardcore players, I'm pretty sure that they will keep the quest very doable and maybe fudge with the numbers a bit. they could switch to dmg -> cdr instead of cdr -> dmg too since the cdr is accelerating the stacking process a decent amount...

actually I can't really justify the dmg increase as a quest lol. randomly at x level an aoe character gets 75% extra raw dmg? like jaina is sitting here with ice block being hey gimme dmg too fam. that's pretty difficult to balance because it will always be a large extra power spike that the enemy doesn't get at a time they have little control dictating, which was always the issue with quests imo. but at the same time there are a decent amount of maps that aren't great for his stacking plus ppl might start playing around it by rotating groups away from him, I dunno what to think about it really

Alur

I'd rather they give him like 2/3rds of it baseline than have it on this quest. It's just too easy even if you don't know what you're doing.

I thought I had read somewhere that he does fall off due to the way he scales, though? Like basically if you complete the quest pre 10 you are doing well, but every level post 10 it takes you to complete it you're losing your advantage and by 16 the scaling advantage is evened out.

Alur

Oh i had no idea, i figured his stuff increased the way other heroes did

He has the slowest scaling in the game. That's part of why they put so much power in the trait. IIRC it was on THH where I heard the thing about level 16. But it's basically a reward for doing it early, or a major detriment if you can't get it done.

So far the fastest I've done it is 5:04 on Infernal and the slowest is 12:30 one game where we got 32-0'd on Towers.

Maledict

It doesn't ever equal out, but at level 20 he only has roughly 30% more damage than a normal hero thanks to his trait, not 75%. Jaina still does more burst with her combo than he can.

He's actually cleverly designed in that way - you get a huge spike when he completes his quest, and the earlier you complete it the better, but you have to use that advantage fast. It fades as the game goes on.

Prelude.

EZ matchmaking (bot team is mine)

e39e41ca29dgsez.png

And we won, Jaina is awesome. I don't even remember my last 0 deaths game with her.

Alur

And we won, Jaina is awesome. I don't even remember my last 0 deaths game with her.

A zero death game post patch is p good compared to what I've been seeing. Lots of the so called "thicc" Jaina's being as aggressive as k1pro and then popping Ice Block after their combo before they die. Lots of feeding.

So how exactly does chained strikes work with buildings? Can it be only enemy buildings?

Didn't they remove the interaction? It used to be that it would still splash on heroes even when you hit buildings.

Alur

Just faced this comp of pure unfiltered cancer: Varian, Sylvanas, Samuro, Murky, Kel'Thuzad.

Not sure you could find more than 1 or 2 heroes more annoying than one of those 5.

brian!

i wish his model wasnt so big haha
sometimes im trying to be sneaky but whenever i show up on the enemy screen I feel like that mgs ! sound is going off every time

I think a spellpower kelthuzad build might be decent.

https://psionic-storm.com/en/calculateur-de-talents/kelthuzad/3-3-3-2-3-3-2/

barbed chains (e) for damage/armor strip

armor of the archlith for the snare to boost spellpower later on, also some damage/survivability

chilling touch, every 8 seconds your basic attack procs power of the icecrown which lasts 10 seconds, also is buffed by spellpower damage + snares

shadow fissure for high damage low cd ult

chain link to reduce chain strike cd, more stuns, more spellpower damage, more damage over all

power of the icecrown, up to 30% spellpower damage, all the extra slows that were picked up feed into this, like armor of the archlith and chilling touch.

might of the scourge, reseting your ult which hits for 1500 damage at full spell power (tested in try mode at least)

Seems like it has potential.

Also, I just learned you can hit control + number to select talent? Yeah, I wish I knew that earlier.

Dahbomb

I think even in that build you want the W talent on 16. And at lvl4 you still want Phylactery because no way would you actually want to be in close range to the opponent to do your combo. Better to have the spell heal and free respawn.

brian!

i feel like that's a pretty decent build for focusing on getting ppl off of you, I'd probably take the other ult in this case so I can get more value on the 16 talent but it's not that big of a deal and the spike ult is really strong. I don't really know the numbers here, but the w root more dmg one is pretty good

Alur

Replace KT with Nova.

It pains me to say this, but in this new world I don't think Nova is anywhere near as annoying as playing against KT. And that's really saying something. If you ever get in a game where you have one and the other team doesn't it's just 20 minutes of getting yanked around and rooted everywhere if they are able to hit their stuff.

I think even in that build you want the W talent on 16. And at lvl4 you still want Phylactery because no way would you actually want to be in close range to the opponent to do your combo. Better to have the spell heal and free respawn.

The level 4 armor was discussed in the Math of the Storm on Kel'Thuzad:

Armor of the Archlich deals 45 damage in 6 radius around Kel'thuzad, slowing the affected by 35% for 4 seconds. Furthermore, Kel'thuzad gains 50 physical armor for 4 seconds. This effect has a 25 second cooldown. This talent, reminiscent of Warcraft 3's Frost Armor (A Lich base spell), gives Kel'thuzad some focus fire and dive protection, providing physical armor against an Illidan who will be hard to hit with skillshots, while the slow enables KT's combo and the rest of his allies. I expect this talent, while initially less popular than the phylactery, will turn out to be absolutely critical given how powerful and popular dive heroes have been.

Basically if you face a dive heavy team it's probably better. The issue with Phylactery in my experience is that you often only get 1 use out of it. Sometimes you can get a second...I'd say I have like 30-40% of the time, but if you are winning the lanes are probably pushed out too far. If you are losing and easily get another 10 globes thanks to your lanes being pushed in I'm not sure the second one is going to matter. So it's kind of a "better use this 1 rez when you know you need it". The healing on it is a nice side perk, though.

Prelude.

Now Leoric, I'm not sure about his talents yet, I've won but I had a D.Va never participating in anything and the closest thing to a tank they had was a Twin Blades Varian, so it was a pretty tough game. He feels really strong though.

1: Fealty Unto Death - On cursed hollow, constant sustain. On two lanes map probably Consume Vitality.
4: Paralyzing Rage - I picked Ghastly Reach but they had no ranged AA so it was kind of a waste, the increased slow would have been better.
7: Drain Momentum - rip W build so movement speed is the one I like the most. Maybe Willing Vessel with a lot of tanks.
10: March - Self-cast ancestral on a low cd, pretty good.
13: Ominous Wraith - I need to get used to this new playstyle, but this one seems op vs a lot of assassins.
16: Mithril Mace - Now, this one sounded better but I don't think I like it. Improved attack speed is nice, but it's not that amazing, I think it caps at about 1.1. Royal Focus seems the way to go, especially coupled with Ominous Wraith. E to reduce damage, Q to massively reduce the cd of E and you can E again. Should be very good.
20: Which one suits the game better, I think.
- Buried Alive: Entomb only gets good here so it's not worth it imo.
- Death March: seems the overall best for team fights, but at lv20 you can only use it so much.
- Spectral Leech: kinda useless without Mithril Mace.
- Burning Despair: best damage for team fights, but no healing.
- Shroud of the Dead King: if there's a lot of burst it can be useful, I guess.

So maybe Burning Despair most of the times.

A zero death game post patch is p good compared to what I've been seeing. Lots of the so called "thicc" Jaina's being as aggressive as k1pro and then popping Ice Block after their combo before they die. Lots of feeding.
For a compulsive stutter stepper like me, her AA talent is a godsend. I went for a decently safe build, physical armor, range on blizzard and since I didn't get shield on chill I picked root on chill later. Fingers of Frost is so much better than the old globes talent.

Dahbomb

I would pick that talent if they have lots of physical damage but in my experience most of the dangerous heroes have ability damage.

brian!

ohhhhh lol
yeah it's for diving, it's like when jaina would pick frost armor. I'd say it's pretty useful for him if you need it to survive, but if you think you can take care of yourself phylactery all the way, it's a game changer
plus they put more defensiveness on it compared to frost armor, this one you can pop during illidan evade and fuck him over since it's duration based, frost armor was more of a yeah you touched me so you get to eat all my spells now

Alur

I've had a few games where Sonya just mashed the
pps
of everyone like that too. She looks good beating me in that new skin, at least.

EDIT: One thing Kel'Thuzad release makes me sad for...that we don't have SEL so we can watch some coordinated play with him in the near future. It'll be a bit before we get to see him in real games. He could be nerfed or buffed by then, too, depending on the response to his winrate.

Prelude.

Sometimes I feel like mewn with how if I'm not the one playing a hero, they're completely garbage at it. I'm really sick of these Murkys never helping, split pushing all game.

scoobs

Mewn just apologized on twitter for his embarrassing tilting on stream again today. Dudes got real anger issues

Milly79

I never got to use that as an excuse to be a dick...

Mewn is salty regardless of the kid. If anything he should be changing his ways, lol.

Top Bottom