• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

The update can't release soon enough, it's baffling how that title screen went live. Do they not have headphones at Blizzard?

Haha, I thought I was the only one who had noticed this. Loud as hell. I was so grateful we had HGC over the weekend so it had a different load in screen so I could change before he roared.

What's the most faceroll hero right now? Beginning of last season it was Uther and I did next to all my placements with him.

I'm not an HL warrior as I mostly just do my placements as well, but feel Azmodan is a pretty solid choice if you can play him. He's amazing in QM and can do the same in HL (think he's 53% there). He also carries harder the lower the league you happen to be in from my experience.

I also think heroes like Zagara, Nazeebo, and Dehaka are p good choices too. You can do the soaking on your own with most any of them, plus be impactful (to varying degrees and at varying points in the game) in team fights. The soaking and pressure alone can win the games with Azmo and Zag. Zeeb gives you late game dominance as does Azmo, and Dehaka allows you to control the engages as much as anyone can when herding cats.

I do think Valla would be good if you were good at her. Genji too, for that matter. One is the best at their role and the other is just fucking unfair.

Srey is prolly gonna get cut.

Apparently the last two weeks he was out was because he was benched. He has to play now because there are only so many sub slots, so he has to play now.

Khroen just confirmed it on stream (as much as someone else not on the team can confirm something)

Srey is prolly gonna get cut.

Apparently the last two weeks he was out was because he was benched. He has to play now because there are only so many sub slots, so he has to play now.

Khroen just confirmed it on stream (as much as someone else not on the team can confirm something)
makes no difference if he's cut really, superstars are a 6/7th team and if ex naventic keeps going strong they'll be 7th assuredly.

Team was supposedly pretty toxic before they got erho already and Srey isn't actually a great ranged flex player. For the best they just disband.

without any context it absolutely looks like Daihuu is replacing srey, so that doesnt surprise me at all.

I think Arthas is a pretty good easy character, especially cuz he enables the assassins everyone likes to play. Just walk around with your E up and you can cause alot of havoc.

Alur

Malthael is pretty faceroll and also really good against ppl who dont know what's going on

Malthael's winrate surprises the hell out of me because nearly every time I see him it's feed city. In fact, despite his winrate, if you look at his stats he's tied for the 4th lowest takedown to death ratio and averages the 3rd most deaths in the game.

Hell, when I play him it's like a 50/50 toss up on whether I'm gonna run the game once I get 10 or just spend it getting blown up due to the team having no other engage. Most of this is from QM, of course. He's fun to play though. I just wish I knew how to utilize him in a more useful manner when I have no one else to soak damage for me in the comp.

Alur

Is there any word on Kel'Thuzad tomorrow or Wednesday?

Nevermind, I found it in the Blizz article where pro players discuss the hero and where they think he'll fit in the meta (http://us.heroesofthestorm.com/esports/en/news/21033166):

Kel'Thuzad comes to the Nexus September 5, and he'll be playable in HGC games a few weeks after that. Keep an eye out for these pro players as they seek to make the most of Kel'Thuzad's game-changing abilities.

brian!

Malthael's winrate surprises the hell out of me because nearly every time I see him it's feed city. In fact, despite his winrate, if you look at his stats he's tied for the 4th lowest takedown to death ratio and averages the 3rd most deaths in the game.

Hell, when I play him it's like a 50/50 toss up on whether I'm gonna run the game once I get 10 or just spend it getting blown up due to the team having no other engage. Most of this is from QM, of course. He's fun to play though. I just wish I knew how to utilize him in a more useful manner when I have no one else to soak damage for me in the comp.

He doesnt deserve the winrate at all, he's good though

Alur

He doesnt deserve the winrate at all, he's good though

I enjoy his design. Also always a sucker for that edgelord aesthetic. Outside of a random HL game here and there (and pro games, of course), I've rarely got to see him in an actual comp that makes sense, though. I fear the same for Kel'Thuzad starting tomorrow. We shall see.

brian!

incidentally his stuff is real simple to land once you practice a bit, the e comes out very quickly and afaik is not reactable, and glacial spike lets you get a combo every time it's up.
really really fun hero, they need to up quest requirements a bit since it's pre-10 every time atm. I dunno about his numbers but his dmg feels satisfying at every stage of the game imo. I think he can carry games for sure

stuff like hunt -> kt global or a kt ult every time dehaka lands a q while he's soloing and all that stuff will cause the ult to be nerfed i think. i don't know w/r/t winrate of his ults, I feel like the global one is broken but will prob not get used properly (it's still mad strong just as part of his normal combo) so maybe a lower winrate than the pyroblasty one. both seem like good ults to me

Dahbomb

The CD on the global is just too low.

Well when you think about it, it's essential a Sunstrike from DOTA 2 which was a regular ability for Invoker but it was 25 second cooldown.

scoobs

The CD on the global is just too low.

Well when you think about it, it's essential a Sunstrike from DOTA 2 which was a regular ability for Invoker but it was 25 second cooldown.
Not sure if the other ult is good enough to ever justify picking over a super low cd global nuke. So ya, it seems like a likely candidate for an early nerf. The level 16 Frost Nova talent is also very clearly overtuned.

Alur

I dunno I've seen several pros/streamers gushing about the other ult too against melee heavy comps. It does a lot of damage to the non-primary targets.

scoobs

I dunno I've seen several pros/streamers gushing about the other ult too against melee heavy comps. It does a lot of damage to the non-primary targets.

If the other ult weren't on such a super low CD I'd agree that its viable. I think its a case of one ult just being too good at release. How do you pass up on adding that insane damage to your combos?

Alur

I agree if you're framing it as the global will probably be the one people gravitate too. It's definitely questionable how it got out to live like this if it's as good as everyone thinks it's gonna be.

I'm just arguing it's possible that KT is lucky enough to be in the same situation Ragnaros had. Everyone was like holy shit Lava Wave but some of us were like damn, Sulfuras Smash is good af too...and then Lava Wave got inevitably nerfed, and people were like wow, Sulfuras Smash is good af. The Frost Blast or whatever it's called won't be as good as Sulfuras I'd expect, but it's a pretty decent ult I think for pickup games cause everyone clumps so badly. Kind of an easier to use Ring of Frost.

KuroNeeko

I just started this a day or two ago and it seems like the vs. ai matches take forever to get going.

Tutorials have seemed to stall at "Battlegrounds Trial" and "Veteran Challenge" (I think that's what it's called).

I'm liking it more than I thought, I just wish it didn't take so long to find a match.

Playing mostly with Tyrandral and Nazeebo (got from a pack).

literally just finished my placement matches... plat 1... again :p

exactly where i started this season. nothing wrong with that at all fam

-----

Sniped Fan in queue and got on his team, proceeded to lose badly :( Our malf splitsoaked and healed for 40k. The enemy stukov? 140k.

I don't know how I get these guys on the team. Is it to balance out Fan's MMR? super potato :(

scoobs

exactly where i started this season. nothing wrong with that at all fam

-----

Sniped Fan in queue and got on his team, proceeded to lose badly :( Our malf splitsoaked and healed for 40k. The enemy stukov? 140k.

I don't know how I get these guys on the team. Is it to balance out Fan's MMR? super potato :(
That's exactly what it is. Having a high MMR in QM has been hell for me. Every game I get someone in bronze to even out my team and we just get obliterated cuz they die 12 times.

Having said that, malf cannot keep up with Stukovs healing output. Not saying he played great but he was never going to get to 140k

That's exactly what it is. Having a high MMR in QM has been hell for me. Every game I get someone in bronze to even out my team and we just get obliterated cuz they die 12 times.

Having said that, malf cannot keep up with Stukovs healing output. Not saying he played great but he was never going to get to 140k

this is true. that's why he shouldn't have picked malf. With the length of the game, he still should have had double his output. somewhere between 80 and 85k. I showed healer as last pick, but he is a "support main" (so am I) but the only supports he plays are malf and morales. I dunno how he got to masters

edit: Anybody want some points, because I'm basically donating them tonight :(

Maledict

Is this game ded? Is that why I can't find anyone to play with (vs AI)? lol

If you're playing in the states its too early to find AI games really. Although check what AI you have it set on - generally either easiest or hardest is the fastest way to find a game.

Alur

Game isn't "ded", just something we meme in here because when it launched a couple years ago that's all we heard from other moba players.

AI queue times can be strange since it has multiple difficulties. Once you understand the controls you're better off diving right into Quick Match with the other new players. I'm not certain where the new player queues are at right now --- depending on how Blizzard has set up the matchmaking they've been everywhere from nearly instant to 2-5 minutes in the past. Someone who is in that MMR range would have to chime in on what to expect. My queue times are about 60-120 secs in Diamond.

brian!

my guess w/ no evidence would be
~85% of ppl play qm regularly
~40% of ppl play hl (i feel like this is a highish guess but I dunno)
~20% of ppl play unranked
~10% of ppl play tl
~3% of ppl play ai

w/r/t queue time, for qm masters it's usually pretty quick but I'm pretty much always the highest mmr like scoobs said. it doesn't necessarily mean the games are skewed though
ive never gotten someone in bronze in my games afaik, unless it's mirrored on the other team, it's not that rare to have a 4v4 with ppl in ~300 mmr range but with the 5th on each team mirroring each other in mmr range a couple hundred above

my most uneven games are on my eu smurf, again I'd assume due to uncertainty. I only have ~80 games on that account but it won't be rare to have ppl ~2k mmr less than me on my team or against me. the team mmr is less even too, with teams often being ~200+ mmr more or less from each other. my hypothesis is either i need more games for mmr certainty or hotslogs is just way off on my mmr vs. the real blizz one and gave me too much. but at the same time, most of the time the team mmr for both teams are pretty close so i dunno what to think.

X-zZPi0SROKJPaTTGWZwIA.png

i dont expect new players to see long queue times, but that is also like the realm of uncertainty where they try to identify smurfs and in general don't trust your rating, I'd imagine there are more calculations and rules involved with newer accounts

Top Bottom