• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Misfits are kinda fucked. They can be undefeated in HGC, and the last half year for what that's worth, yet everyone still thinks Fnatic is the better team.

That said Misfits has been a bit spotty as of late, dropping games against lower tier teams that should have been stomps.

Maledict

The problem with that change to quick match rules is that Tyrande *is* a support, and brings healing that can make a big difference if you talent into it. Similarily, Tassadars shield is still a big thing.

I feel like until they either make those heroes full, healing based suppports like the others, or remove their healing / shield capacity completely, this will never be balanced.

kirblar

The problem with that change to quick match rules is that Tyrande *is* a support, and brings healing that can make a big difference if you talent into it. Similarily, Tassadars shield is still a big thing.

I feel like until they either make those heroes full, healing based suppports like the others, or remove their healing / shield capacity completely, this will never be balanced.
Tyrande has to be in line for a rework again.

Maledict

A decently played Tyrande is good enough to support with the right talents in many circumstances. Sure, not on Braxis, but she's decent enough on most maps.

Alavard

Tyrande has to be in line for a rework again.

Tyrande is one of the worst victims of the power/feature creep in the game. Her D was once almost entirely unique, and now at least half a dozen other heroes can give armor debuffs to the enemy team reliably. That's not to say she's useless now, but her trait just doesn't feel special anymore, even when it's useful.

scoobs

Tyrande is one of the worst victims of the power/feature creep in the game. Her D was once almost entirely unique, and now at least half a dozen other heroes can give armor debuffs to the enemy team reliably. That's not to say she's useless now, but her trait just doesn't feel special anymore, even when it's useful.

Well what makes her trait powerful is you get it from level 1 whereas most have to wait til level 16, making her a deadly hero to have in the early game to snowball wins.

I think she's fine... we've seen what its like when Tyrande is too good, and I don't think anyone wants to go back to that meta. I'd appreciate if they ran through her talents again to remove some of the less enticing ones and add some new quests or something though.

Milly79

Let's give her a quest to mark 5 enemies and it reduces the cd to 5 seconds, 6 second debuff for 100% armor pen.

And while we're at it, let's make all of chromies q and w global and the same width as the map size.

I wonder if Probius is just a "retooled" version of the warcraft peasant that was often rumored and mentioned in that leak last year.

Celegus

Probius is the coolest thing ever and I super duper hope the Cho'Gall changes make him viable again. Getting up at 6 AM on a weekend for these heroes shenanigans, I should get to bed!

Ronabo

When I've played with him, I feel like I am swinging a wet noodle. He just doesn't seem to mesh with my tank play style. I love his kit though.

You are swinging a wet noodle. Tyrael has high AA speed but does little damage. Smite with the level 1 talent does passable damage but Tyrael's strength really comes from enabling others and a bit of harass.

Imposing Will on 13 is still OP against the right comps and Holy Ground on 16 could as well be a Heroic. I do occasionally pick judgement and blood for blood though if I want to be the one to blow someone up.

Maledict

A 40-0 win on Towers is ridiculous. I've never seen that in a normal game, never mind between two so-called top tier teams. Did Tempostorm manage a kill in the end?

Maledict

Well Tempo are improving, they managed a single kill on the second map!

It's funny, I really liked Tempo in nA, until coffinluck went on THH and was stupidly arrogant about their chances and other teams. Instantly took a dislike to them there that hasn't gone!

I loathe cattlepillar with every fibre of my being. He talks like he's stoned 24/7 but not actually stoned iykwim Cauthon has always been arrogant af. Even back on Cog.

Someone busted out Lucio yesterday. Akaface IIRC, not sure if it was against Fnatic.

Maledict

I'm beginning to think that it's not Bakeries hero pool that's the problem on Dig, it's Mene's. He seems to only be able to play a very few mages, and ends up on Jaina a lot.

I was surprised about the focus on jaina but I think dig just tunnel visions in draft on her. Mene might only play mages generally but we've seen him on Valla and Falstad as well and he plays any mage no matter if they are meta.

Jay hasn't been as dominant as he used to be.

kirblar

STOP PICKING ZERATUL INTO VARIAN/DEHAKA HOLY SHIT.

edit: wtfwtfwtfwtf at the throw. I get the keep dive, but core? insanity.

Maledict

Okay, the change for Tyrande in Quick Match is unbelievably fucking stupid. Just ran into one who went full healer mode, and the game played out exactly as anticipated - she healed two damage dealers worth of healing, and kept them going throughout the game.

I wish they would just realise how fucked up their design is for Tyrande & Tassadar and there's no way for them to balance Quick Match like this.

Alur

I gather Equinox has been Equinoxing in this series from Twitch chat.

EDIT: NA LUL indeed.

The only good thing that can come from today would be Team 8 beating Tempo Storm and getting a top 4 finish. Well, probably more like 5th.

Alur

He does a bit other than the ults. The W is damage instead of a stun, but is a similar field. The turrets are similar. The Q being a laser-y type thing is similar. It all looks much better visually.

I want that Master Probius skin.

scoobs

Wow what a shit in development video. There's less and less content showing up on each successive one... lame

Ketch

Probe looks like gaz with worse ultimate s. Maybe gaz will be a complete rework since this looks almost exactly the same.

Top Bottom