• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

Just that he's like a setup mage, so in some ways similar to Gazlowe in that regard. But we could already deduce that.

Maledict

Party frames. We finally get party frames. That's a HUGE thing for some heroes. Ive miscast heals soooo many times in a crowded team fight when heroes are standing on top of each other.

Kioshen

Well that was anticlimactic but still a fun surprise. I'm a little worried about a massive talent rework for so many heroes at once (Arthas, Anub'Arak, Gazlowe and Cho'Gall).

scoobs

Ehhhhh all of those heroes have recently been reworked, so I'm assuming it will just be small changes like moving talents around and removing bad ones and adding a couple new ones.

If they could please make Arthas fun to play, that would be great

kirblar

Arthas will always be kinda boring since he's been an anti-Dive tank ever since they killed off his gank abilities.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20581816/ - UI preview

P99GE973FKNB1488332448439.png

Alur

I feel like those heroes are alright where they are, with the exception of Arthas. Not much changes needed to the other three. But Leoric man, they've been promising that for a while now. Show him some loooovveeee.

Kioshen

I feel like those heroes are alright where they are, with the exception of Arthas. Not much changes needed to the other three. But Leoric man, they've been promising that for a while now. Show him some loooovveeee.

andanotherone.gif

There's only so many heroes they can do reworks on at the same time.

Edit: Jeez that picture was way too big. Have a token gif instead.

Alur

I see no GIF. And like the others said, I don't think these are full reworks. Some changes, but I'd be pretty surprised if we see four wholesale changes like we did with Murky or Tassadar. If they do that it'd be pretty crazy, honestly. Hard to see how they could do four at once and have them all be of quality and not upset the game.

Kioshen

I see no GIF. And like the others said, I don't think these are full reworks. Some changes, but I'd be pretty surprised if we see four wholesale changes like we did with Murky or Tassadar. If they do that it'd be pretty crazy, honestly. Hard to see how they could do four at once and have them all be of quality and not upset the game.

Yeah I removed the picture because it was too big. I sure hope it's just some slight tweaks and not overhauls because it could go side ways real fast.

--------------

Talent and abilities for Probius. He looks like an even more hardcore setup hero than Gazlowe.

Kioshen

So I've been casually browsing my hotdogs stats while waiting on progress bars and I was honestly surprised to see which heroes are at the bottom of my win rates. Malfurion and Brightwing both sit at around 35%. My BW still needs work but I didn't think Malf would sit at the bottom. He probably got swept up during our bad losing streaks.

Is my Malf that bad when we play as a group that I should rethink how I approach him? I thought I was making progress on him at least.

Alur

Nah, I think it's okay. I think our comps work best when you heal, Milly and proto dps, and I tank or fill. We also do pretty good with proto healing. Generally, though, I think it's best to have those two doing damage over me or you if we want to win because bar a few heroes they are the best at it. I have some pretty absurdly high winrates on several of the bruisers too.

re: the reveal, after thinking on it I'm pretty disappointed. New hero is neat, as are the UI changes, but I thought we were going to get some real meat with a substantial announcement. RIP the dream.

Maledict

I think the UI change is big for the game, along with the improved kill streak counter. This is stuff that helps people transfer over from other games, and makes the game more appealing to new comers.

I'd have loved the new progression system as well, but assume that's coming for the next big promotion, possibly around the anniversary.

Alur

Is he an actual character in Starcraft or is this a Lt. Morales type deal? I ask because I probably would've chose something other than Probius if it were me.

Syf

Banned
The name is sorta weird. And not a character, probes are the basic worker units for protoss. Morales is actually gonna make an appearance in the next co-op map though, so at least you can say she's in the game lol

Altairre

Just had a game where the other team had a warrior and we didn't. Thought this couldn't happen anymore? Or is that rule specifically for support?

Alavard

Apparently they're retconning that Probius was the Probe from the Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void trailer. That is so perfect.

kirblar

Apparently the QM rules have changed. Bruisers and Tass/Tyrande no longer count for the tank or healer reciprocity rules.

Praise baby Kelthuzad.

Alavard

Apparently the QM rules have changed. Bruisers and Tass/Tyrande no longer count for the tank or healer reciprocity rules.

Praise baby Kelthuzad.

Is there a post somewhere? I'm curious on exactly who they're counting as bruisers.

On a side note, I'm super curious on what the paid skin will be for Probius.

Top Bottom