• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Maledict

Wow what a shit in development video. There's less and less content showing up on each successive one... lame

They posted on Reddit that the reason is because they re releasing them more than twice as fast as before. Basically, we get a new development video every 3 weeks now, rather than once every few months, so there's a lot less in them.

scoobs

Wow that was a hype as fuck ending. What a game! That fucked up mosh/horrify seemed to spell their doom but Justing made up for it at the end with that mosh, wow. And Glaurung with the clutch sneaky turn in to save the game. Jesus that was hype

Alur

The state of NA is so bad that a joke team turned into the best team with a bunch of no names and captain Glau.

Prelude.

How's the most popular Valeera build on hotslogs? I thought there was no reason not to use the stun coming out of stealth, but that build takes ambush talents.

Milly79

I mean you should be stunning probably 80% of the time, but yeah the Q talent at 7 is pretty good. I don't take the Q talent at 13 all that much as I like the move speed, but I do see a ton taking it.

scoobs

How's the most popular Valeera build on hotslogs? I thought there was no reason not to use the stun coming out of stealth, but that build takes ambush talents.
The ambush talents are good because it gives you some mobility to her kit that she otherwise lacks, and the ability to secure kills on low health targets. They're not awful.

Prelude.

Does the skull appear on heroes eligible for the lv7 Q talent? I don't know how much is 4 range.
Is the blade flurry quest that bad? It seems pretty good since it should be easy to complete.

Ketch

He's gaz if gaz could do insane hero damage, and had 2 good ults.

Where do you get that probe has insane hero damage? And how are either one of the ults shown better then gravo bomb?

I haven't seen anything other then the in development video.

Milly79

Does the skull appear on heroes eligible for the lv7 Q talent? I don't know how much is 4 range.
Is the blade flurry quest that bad? It seems pretty good since it should be easy to complete.

I went the quest for the longest time. And no, the skull doesn't appear until that talent.

Why has noone told me Valla is easy, you just click people and do all the damage. I've not touched her for so long I'm still riding the pleb horse.

Valla is super easy. I love her. My winrate is insane.

Celegus

I haven't tried Dehaka since the first time he was on free week after release and got him to 5. Turns out he's pretty good and a lot of fun, not sure what took me so long! Definitely feels better with the talent rework than he did previously.

scoobs

Where do you get that probe has insane hero damage? And how are either one of the ults shown better then gravo bomb?

I haven't seen anything other then the in development video.
Gravo bomb is gazs good ult. This guys got two good ones.

Look at the numbers on his W and Q, he's going to wreck in team fights

Dehaka is fantastic for sure. I love his play style. Burrowing into team fights after soaking your team ahead in XP feels very rewarding

A Zagara player who's been annoyingly split pushing all game goes for core as if she thinks she can race a DK. Our DK goes hit a keep instead of the core after we killed 3 of them and we still win the race because stupid Zagara took the split pushing ult.

scoobs

A Zagara player who's been annoyingly split pushing all game goes for core as if she thinks she can race a DK. Our DK goes hit a keep instead of the core after we killed 3 of them and we still win the race because stupid Zagara took the split pushing ult.
That ult is really strong though in the right circumstances, particularly on big maps. It also tends to attract the shitty players.

Ketch

Gravo bomb is gazs good ult. This guys got two good ones.

Look at the numbers on his W and Q, he's going to wreck in team fights

Dehaka is fantastic for sure. I love his play style. Burrowing into team fights after soaking your team ahead in XP feels very rewarding

I'm asking where you are seeing the numbers. I have only seen the in development vid

Misfits is playing like garbage.

Splendour and Blumbi in particular were caught out of position constantly.
One time in particular I do not understand how Splendour got separated from his team. VP caught 2 or 3 but only after losing blumbi. Misfits retreats between top and middle lane but Splendour wants to leave through middle then turns around and gets killed off alone after. That wasn't giving himself up to let the others leave but just bad play.

Edit: Srsly wtf is misfits playing, amateur hour? Darkmok 1v1s someone at their gate with his team far removed, Fnatic just turns around and gets an easy pick and another turn in for free.

Palm wasn't even down there.

kirblar

Polish QA with Claudio- https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofth...claudio_qa_in_polish_and_partial_translation/

Quick hits-

- Karax did get replaced by Probius.
- At least one Overwatch Map is on the way
- More Diablo stuff is coming. D2 Druid, Deckard, D1 Warrior are all possibilities based on what we know.

edit: Glaurung getting saved by the Immortal stunning him was hilarious.

edit2: Zeratul's winrate vs Varian in this tournament has to be like 0%, right?

edit3: That is correct. 0% winrate. Also, his winrate in general is really bad and EU isn't touching him.

edit4: Forcing someone onto KT when you're running 4 Melee and Quasi-Melee Tychus seems...not smart. (tho Gul'Dan clearly needed to be banned)

edit5: lolololol @ Kerrigan combo'ing Dehaka into drag range

Polish QA with Claudio- https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofth...claudio_qa_in_polish_and_partial_translation/

Quick hits-

- More Diablo stuff is coming. D2 Druid, Deckard, D1 Warrior are all possibilities based on what we know.

edit: Glaurung getting saved by the Immortal stunning him was hilarious.

edit2: Zeratul's winrate vs Varian in this tournament has to be like 0%, right?

edit3: That is correct. 0% winrate. Also, his winrate in general is really bad and EU isn't touching him.

edit4: Forcing someone onto KT when you're running 4 Melee and Quasi-Melee Tychus seems...not smart. (tho Gul'Dan clearly needed to be banned)

edit5: lolololol @ Kerrigan combo'ing Dehaka into drag range
im angry about probius

If you want a probe at least make it so that you fan build multiple pylons ns and photon cannons instead of just one. Man and where is DVa??

Also yay to Druid or Warrior

Alavard

Quick hits-

Claudio had a clarification later on in the reddit thread:

Replaced is not what I said, maybe came across in translation that way. We did not have Karax on the table and decide on Probius instead.
I mentioned that Probius has been on the list from many years ago, long before Karax was around in Void. We found a good time to work on him and a lot of people on the team are passionate about worker heroes from StarCraft, and a Probe is a natural fit since they can warp buildings in without having to spend time constructing.

Maledict

What a throw by Dignitas in that second game. There was absolutely no need for them to die like that and throw the game away. You cannot core rush when you have Chromie on your team, she simply isn't enough damage. You have to get the kills first.

EDIT: Actually that really annoyed me. They were winning every single team fight with their team, Misfits had 2 keeps down whilst Dignitas were completely healthy, and they threw it by a dumb, dumb decision to trya nd race the core against their full team with Tyrael and Tychus with Odin. Utterly idiotic decision - whoever made that call should be hanging their head in shame right now.

brian!

im angry about probius

If you want a probe at least make it so that you fan build multiple pylons ns and photon cannons instead of just one. Man and where is DVa??

Also yay to Druid or Warrior

Yeah, like while it is unreasonable, i really wanted a probe character that built gateways and stuff

Alavard

Yeah, like while it is unreasonable, i really wanted a probe character that built gateways and stuff

It could be done. You could have a probe that can put down a gateway that warps in a zealot every x amount of seconds. But I feel like that ability is going to Stukov - he'll call down an infested barracks that spits out infested terrans on occasion.

kirblar

Cho'Gall's trait is now a toggle button. When Cho hits it, they get 25% armor. When Gall hits it, they get 25% damage. That's hilarious.

Alur

They must have like a 10 person crowd for this whole event. I'd prefer they just act like there is no crowd.

Maledict

I really wish they'd use the "Best of 7, Winners bracket winner starts up a game" format. It's much fairer.

How is it unfair ATM? Feels like Fnatic get a big boost from the current set up just because Dig have already played two best of fives today, including one absolute grind against Misfits.

Have to say, their new start is making me laugh. Basically can be summarized as 'Fuck the meta, let's play heroes we like'. So we get solo Tyrande support for Bakery, Mene playing Kael, etc etc. The scary thing is it seems to be working really well for him - beating Fnatic on Tomb of the Spider Queen, with a three level advantage, is something I wouldn't have thought *anyone* capable of. That's Fnatics map - and they even had Chromie with temporal loop! How the hell a solo Tyrande with no cleanse beat that so thoroughly is beyond me...

Top Bottom