• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex MMOTCG Kickstarter by Cryptozoic Entertainment [Complete, ~$2.5 million funded]

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Basically, I never realized how much power Magic had until this past summer. I always knew it was big, and that part of that was because they spent the money and restructured their set releases with the point of driving sustained success, but it never really hit me. I even went to a nerdy high school, but Magic wasn't played by all that many people and I got everyone my year and above hooked onto a different TCG. And the middle school I went to before that only cared for Yugioh and, for a short time before that, Pokemon.

I knew Friday Night Magic existed, but I also knew that hobby shops didn't exist everywhere, and that just because I knew a few stores that did it didn't mean that that many stores took part. I finally turned a serious eye to Magic and saw just how far reaching it is.

And it still irks me because while I can see the appeal in it, I can't see myself liking it all that much. Hex has me excited mostly because it's a new TCG for me since I never got into Magic, and I'm interested in how the PvE ends up in the end. I'll probably get burned out of playing against other people after a few months, but I'll get my money's worth.

Oh, yeah. Magic is by far the most popular, competitive TCG. I still think Wizards lacks the foresight to see the digital space of TCGs. Magic Online doesn't suffice. Hex, however, has come and is coming at a time where it can usurp a lot of that influence that Wizards has by taking advantage of the digital space and by being familiar enough to Magic but still different.

I often liken Blizzard's mistakes with the MoBA genre that led to LoL and Dota2 to Wizard's lack of foresight into the digital TCG genre and games like Hex utilizing that genre.

I've got an Alpha/Beta thread mostly put together I can post tomorrow morning.

Awesome! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Top Bottom