• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread

Luigi87

Oh, huh
Hadn't signed on in a bit -- didn't realize that the weekly free draft tokens expired, as opposed to just accumulate.

Aselith

Oh, huh
Hadn't signed on in a bit -- didn't realize that the weekly free draft tokens expired, as opposed to just accumulate.

Awww that sucks! :( You might contact support and see if they can give you some replacements to use. They're really cool about stuff like that and have been handing out free drafts liberally for bugs and stuff.

http://support.hextcg.com/

Auction House is estimated for 24/25th and as far as I know they haven't revised yet so looks like it might go in this time! (I hope.)

Aselith

Ryuukan

Started a draft 7 hours after leaving the ER at 2am from a gallbladder attack yesterday:

Bq0xKXcIgAAfxp1.png

I'm curious to see how the Auction House eventually stabilizes with future sets. There's going to be so, so many cards from Set 1 available given people Kickstartering for hundreds of packs and whatnot, that i'd think how the Auction House does for the 1st set is not a very good indicator of how it'll do in the long run. People hoping to sell their Vampire Kings for the equivalent of 15 bucks and whatnot might be in for a bad surprise.

Still, it'll be nice to get trading up and running, more for the rares than the legendaries in my book. Can finally get some playsets of certain cards for some fun concept decks i'd like to try out, etc.

Ryuukan

I'm curious to see how the Auction House eventually stabilizes with future sets. There's going to be so, so many cards from Set 1 available given people Kickstartering for hundreds of packs and whatnot, that i'd think how the Auction House does for the 1st set is not a very good indicator of how it'll do in the long run. People hoping to sell their Vampire Kings for the equivalent of 15 bucks and whatnot might be in for a bad surprise.

Still, it'll be nice to get trading up and running, more for the rares than the legendaries in my book. Can finally get some playsets of certain cards for some fun concept decks i'd like to try out, etc.

All the major chase rares/legendaries will hold some value imo. Maybe not $15 a piece though.

EDIT: Patch downtime already extended

Aselith

I would imagine when it goes open and (hopefully) people come flooding in that weren't Kickstarter backers, prices will rise sharply. We'll see though.

Kyuur

All the cards I have more than 4 of are all junk. :(

I did put up an Angel of Dawn though, given the market price is high and I don't really like the card anyways. Should provide me some $$$!

Glad they finally got this and official tournaments up. Back to playing!

All the cards I have more than 4 of are all junk. :(

I did put up an Angel of Dawn though, given the market price is high and I don't really like the card anyways. Should provide me some $$$!

Glad they finally got this and official tournaments up. Back to playing!

Yeah, the official tournaments are a good idea. As are the "starter deck duel" things against the AI for when new players come in.

Aselith

Auction house has been good to me so far. I went ahead and sold one of my Angel of Dawns made 1900 platinum after the auction fee so that'll fund my drafting for a while. i like the card but it was worth it as I wasn't really wanting to spend actual money to get more drafting plats atm. I also bought a few card packs with it. Got three for between 1.20 and 1.30 each, not too shabby. Currently bidding on some inexpensive Archmage Draylocks so those'll be nice to have.

I'm also hoping to find some Ancestral Chosen's on the cheap. I need two more to reach max baby making potential.

The AH is so wonky though with the 15 result bug. I put an Angel on sale for 22$ and it sold, so I went to see what the going price was and someone was selling for 14.40$. I guess it just didn't show up for the guy who bought mine.

Aselith

The AH is so wonky though with the 15 result bug. I put an Angel on sale for 22$ and it sold, so I went to see what the going price was and someone was selling for 14.40$. I guess it just didn't show up for the guy who bought mine.

Yeah, it seems to only show the results closest to what you pick so if you put in a max of say 2000 it'll show you stuff starting at 2000 and if you put in 1000 it 'll show you stuff at that price. Best thing to do is start high and then step your price down until you don't have results anymore. I had to do the same to find the less expensive card packs also.

Kyuur

Finally managed to get a constructed tournament to fire! Really excited, lost my first match but who cares. I love building decks and playing them! Can't wait for set 2 spoilers.

Kyuur

Huzzah!

These kind of cards are going to hurt my brain when I am deck building. Do I treat it as I would a 4 resource card, or a 1 resource card? It's extremely powerful for a 1 drop but useless for the first three turns, barring use of something like Adaptable Infusion Device. Once you get that threshold, you could quickly turn the tide of the game if you have 2 or 3 of them in your hand though. Too risky to play in anything but mono-blood most likely.

It's definitely an interesting card. I just wish that the "new modifier" revealed (Lethal, which is almost certainly the Hex equivalent of Deathtouch), was something genuinely new rather than another MtG import.

Still, I really dig the idea of cards where their shard cost is less than their threshold. That's a really interesting concept, not only to put "brakes" on a card so they don't come out too early, gameplay wise, but also adds extra value and versatility for threshold-pumping cards beyond "get ahead of my opponent in size"

Aselith

It's definitely an interesting card. I just wish that the "new modifier" revealed (Lethal, which is almost certainly the Hex equivalent of Deathtouch), was something genuinely new rather than another MtG import.

Still, I really dig the idea of cards where their shard cost is less than their threshold. That's a really interesting concept, not only to put "brakes" on a card so they don't come out too early, gameplay wise, but also adds extra value and versatility for threshold-pumping cards beyond "get ahead of my opponent in size"

That's not the only new modifier. There's at least one more with an ability called tunneling. No one's sure what that is as far as in game use.

https://hextcg.com/shattered-destiny-this-august/

Ryuukan

Huzzah!

These kind of cards are going to hurt my brain when I am deck building. Do I treat it as I would a 4 resource card, or a 1 resource card? It's extremely powerful for a 1 drop but useless for the first three turns, barring use of something like Adaptable Infusion Device. Once you get that threshold, you could quickly turn the tide of the game if you have 2 or 3 of them in your hand though. Too risky to play in anything but mono-blood most likely.

Cory commented on his FB (we're friends, be jealous) that it can be played on turn 2. Expecting some kind of dark ritual threshold card in set 2 also.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cory commented on his FB (we're friends, be jealous) that it can be played on turn 2. Expecting some kind of dark ritual threshold card in set 2 also.

I'm assuming there'll be some kind of "gain x threshold for this turn" card, yah.

Aselith

I find this deck so satisfying :0

If you get the chosen making spectres for a decent number of turns and a good number of twisted fates out it's just done. Played some dude where I only got 4 shards all game but I got 3 twisted fates and an ancestors' chosen and he kept trying to throw down an Eternal Guardian and I'd bounce it and bounce it and bounce it. He was white/green and didn't get the cards to kill my ancestor so the game ended with me throwing down 5 spectres in a row and milling out 15 of his cards. :p

Ryuukan

I find this deck so satisfying :0

If you get the chosen making spectres for a decent number of turns and a good number of twisted fates out it's just done. Played some dude where I only got 4 shards all game but I got 3 twisted fates and an ancestors' chosen and he kept trying to throw down an Eternal Guardian and I'd bounce it and bounce it and bounce it. He was white/green and didn't get the cards to kill my ancestor so the game ended with me throwing down 5 spectres in a row and milling out 15 of his cards. :p

Only 2 chronic madness? or are you waiting to buy/open more

Also hope everyone is hungry, cause I got two rolls full of jelly this morning

J0dy77

This thread really is not moving along. My excitement for this game has really drained after the alpha and the legal issues. How's the online population coming along since beta? Anything worthwhile to log on for?

This thread really is not moving along. My excitement for this game has really drained after the alpha and the legal issues. How's the online population coming along since beta? Anything worthwhile to log on for?

Population is poor to decent, and its mostly the same (hardcore) people. I logged on recently to test the AH and sell some cards, and it all worked. I'll probably start to play once Set 2 comes out (supposedly August, but I doubt it). Other than that, the game is just taking so damn long.

Rokal

Backed at the Pro tier, not really interested in playing it until they're out of beta and the results of the lawsuit become clear.

I'm sure the population would pick up once the game was out of beta. There are too many great games out right now to waste time in beta versions of games with dubious futures.

Aselith

I still play everyday pretty much everyday and it's usually easy to get a game going so population is enough to be playable which is the important part. I usually play very late at night around 3-5am EST and it's still active even then. Weekends are obviously a lot more busy and earlier on weekdays.

I think the thread's not moving simply because it's not open yet. When the game goes open hopefully things pick up a lot. There's just not a ton to talk about right now as things are going fairly slowly.

Kyuur

Thread has died. :( Hopefully it will resurrect when open beta hits.

Been doing a bunch of drafts and fooling around with constructed. The number of deck types you can build with just the first set is astounding, they really did a good job. Hope the new set will carry on that trend. Constructed hasn't been firing enough for my liking.. maybe it will be better once big tournies are back up, but I've only managed to play in one normal Constructed tournie.

Currently in a draft, playing a mill deck. It's so satisfying when it works. Fate Rack is amazing in limited, brings them down so quickly. I also think that Cavern Commando is underrated for control-type decks in limited. I've used them twice now (once this time and before in a mono-sapphire artifact deck) and I've grown attached.

Xetherion

Yeah, I think when PVE starts the thread will get some life again. I have friends who are in the beta but don't play because they just want to do PVE.

I agree with Cavern Commando being underrated in limited. I used one in a diamond/sapphire deck recently that worked out really well.

Minsc

Gold Member
Yeah, I think when PVE starts the thread will get some life again. I have friends who are in the beta but don't play because they just want to do PVE.

I agree with Cavern Commando being underrated in limited. I used one in a diamond/sapphire deck recently that worked out really well.

Is there an ETA on PVE? I sorta just think "2016" simply because for some reason PVE content never gets done, even Hearthstone's took forever and you get through it in like 30 minutes... meanwhile the PVE content for this is supposed to be 1,000s of hours long, or at least that's what I envisioned.

Aselith

Is there an ETA on PVE? I sorta just think "2016" simply because for some reason PVE content never gets done, even Hearthstone's took forever and you get through it in like 30 minutes... meanwhile the PVE content for this is supposed to be 1,000s of hours long, or at least that's what I envisioned.

As far as I know they're planning to launch it before open beta but there's no sort of estimate on that I've heard and I would assume it's not going to be the full PvE content at that point.

Here's an article they posted about some PvE stuff if you want to check it out: https://hextcg.com/mercenary-for-hire/

Kyuur

From what I've heard, the first "PVE elements" are supposed to arrive in open beta. They said an arena or something like that.

Kyuur

PSA: There will be a free swiss tournament tomorrow at July 26th at 11 AM Pacific (18:00 GMT) including HEX employees! Prize structure is as follows:

4 Wins - 12 Shards of Fate packs, 20,000 gold
3 Wins - 6 Shards of Fate packs, 10,000 gold
2 wins - 2 Shards of Fate packs, 5,000 gold
1 win - 1 Shards of Fate pack

No real reason not to play, even if you just have the starter deck! There is no cap on participants and if you face off against an employee you get a free draft and some packs!

Taken from: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37255

Top Bottom