• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread

The court stuff happened because they went into closed beta, not the other way around. Or I'm reading your post wrong.

I was one of those that went and got a refund before that cut off date. I realized I wasn't going to be interested enough in the PvP and the PvE wasn't close anyhow.

Reading it wrong. Per Wizards' legal complaint, they tried negotiating a settlement / licensing deal in March of 2014, the same time Hex cut off refunds.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but it sounds like (1) Wizards demands a licensing deal/settlement, (2) Hex tells them to fuck off, (3) Wizards says see you in Court, and (4) Hex then says refunds are over, probably fearing people will jump ship when they learn of the lawsuit (which many people would have).

Kyuur

Good news for folks like duppolo who want to play more without spending before PvE releases:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=37717&page=10&p=405945&viewfull=1#post405945

We're putting in a 100g reward in the 'playing random opponent' queue for winning. You'll be able to grind minimal rewards starting next week (assuming that something terrible doesn't happen between now and then).

I'll be putting up everything I have >4 of on AH for cheap gold so that you guys can get some extra cards, so keep an eye out.

Also from the same page:

I don't have an eta for authenticators. We do realize that they are needed.

Soon™

JPS Kai

Completely forgot about this game until I saw the thread. I played it back at Gencon last year and won a couple of promo items.

9bb0d3d6fa.jpg

They never sent me the code for the Jadim sleeves, so I finally sent them an email this morning. Hope they can get it sorted out (and let me in so I can actually play the game and use them!)

Xetherion

Just wanted to pop in and say as a backer that not all of us wish we could jump ship and get refunds. While I am disappointed with CZE's lack of communication and the slow development of the game, especially PVE, I am enjoying the PVP side of the game that is out a lot. Assuming the lawsuit doesn't go horribly wrong and make Hex go under, I'm confident that I'll get my money's worth eventually. I have already gotten some worth out of the PVP.

People looking for a F2P game should probably wait until PVE is released before they check out the game though. Or once trading is released, if they're willing to look on the forums for the free tournaments/events with prizes that some of the guilds hold. You could play in the guild tournaments and such now, but they can't give you any prizes you win until trading is implemented.

It really didn't take much to figure this out ahead of time. This continues to call into question their ability to program the game.

This is pretty clear policy issue; personally, I don't see why multiple accounts are so important to people, so I see why they made the choices they did.

Kyuur

I wonder if someone already nabbed a ton of beta codes and took advantage of this. I just imagine them the day trading is implemented and they pour all their plat into a vault.

iQ1ZhcJ.png

But really it would be more of a problem when you can create accounts in open. Oddly specific with the dates too. Patch day?

It really didn't take much to figure this out ahead of time. This continues to call into question their ability to program the game.

This also seems more like a decision based on the fact that they don't want to ban multiple accounts. They're probably heavily into planning for Open Beta and this is the kind of thing that gets brought up when people are suddenly able to make free accounts.

From what I can see they're honoring what people have already pay for, so it really shouldn't be a big deal.

Yeah it's a pretty hilarious oversight, and again a black mark on CZE's ability to do anything right. It was a cool sub, but I'm not upset it's gone.

Aselith

Denzel-Boom.gif

I don't understand what he's talking about though. If you give people packs for 100 plat they're not going to sell them for 100 plat that doesn't make any damn sense. They'd sell them for a markup. Why don't they just make a VIP a yearly subscription instead to prevent people from making fake accounts month to month. If somebody wants to toss up bot accounts for the free packs then so what? You get a yearly sub so you'll make money off of them anyways.

Kyuur

Still going to be optimistic and assume September.

This week we hired a Director of Communications/community manager! This is the person that will be handling the community element of the game. As much I want to introduce him now, we are going to give it a week so he can get his feet underneath him. Now you have something to look forward to in next week’s update!

Good to hear. Should help with their communication issues.

Caffeine

for someone waiting for open beta this sounds great that they are moving toward that first. but even if they get new players a lot will probably be warded off by no pve lol.

Update reads like they're optimistic that Set 2 is still relatively soon. I think Open Beta will be in the next 2 weeks or so, and Set 2 a couple weeks after that. Could probably hit September, but more likely October. I think the game will be in for a rude awakening though once open beta hits with no PvE, but we'll see.

Exalted award should be renamed "Forum Warrior and CZE Defender"

Kyuur

Seems to have been postponed for another 20 minutes, but I managed to login and join instantly. Huge improvement over last time.

Edit: Not firing though. They're looking into it, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for it starting.

Kyuur

I'm addicted to sealed tournaments now. Got an AoD in my first one that paid for my next (plus bonus Argus!). Next one got a Zombie plague, and it's a bit more fun than draft as long as you don't get a shitty card pool. See a lot more triple color decks. Should only improve with Shattered Destiny.

Kyuur

Constructed deck tokens in our inventories. What kind of decks are those who are playing using? The meta right now is generally BD Control (Angel of Dawn, Vampire King, Life Siphon are the big hitters) and Gorefeast Orcs (Poca, burns and low cost troops). Here is what I'm rolling at the moment:

12x Blood
10x Sapphire
2x Shards of Fate

4x Buccaneer
4x Darkspire Preistess
4x Replicator's Gambit
4x Extinction
4x Life Siphon
2x Murder
2x Time Ripple
2x Chaos Key
2x Peek
1x Argus
1x Uruunaz
1x Corrupt Harvester
1x Xentoth's Inquisitor (Draw on Damage Gem)
1x Eldritch Dreamer (Draw on Damage Gem)
1x Demented Demolisher
1x Cerulean Mirror Knight
1x Inquisition

Xetherion

The constructed queues are always empty when I check so I'm not playing them. If I was I'd be using my BD control deck. After KS packs and some drafts i ended up with full playsets of Angel, Vamp King, Extinction, Living Totem, etc. so I figured that'd be my best deck I can make right now. Still need one more Inquisitor though. I also need one more Life Siphon i think.

The only other decks i might use would be my BD paladin deck or my tricolor Human deck for fun. Once I get a couple more Eye of Creations I will run some EoC decks too. Same goes for Gorefeast decks. If i ever get some Mastery of Times I will start making some Sapphhire decks too.

Kyuur

The constructed queues are always empty when I check so I'm not playing them. If I was I'd be using my BD control deck. After KS packs and some drafts i ended up with full playsets of Angel, Vamp King, Extinction, Living Totem, etc. so I figured that'd be my best deck I can make right now. Still need one more Inquisitor though. I also need one more Life Siphon i think.

The only other decks i might use would be my BD paladin deck or my tricolor Human deck for fun. Once I get a couple more Eye of Creations I will run some EoC decks too. Same goes for Gorefeast decks. If i ever get some Mastery of Times I will start making some Sapphhire decks too.

What time zone are you in? I find that generally, if it is empty and I join, people will slowly start joining and the more you get the faster it starts to fill up.

I had a plan for a sapphire deck with Mastery of Time in it. Then I looked at the AH price. >< I've been selling any AoDs I find since I don't like the card. Haven't got a single Vamp yet unfortunately (I think that would have a spot in the deck above, maybe instead of Harvester).

Edit: Just won my first constructed tournie with the aforementioned deck! So glad I modified it a bit, working much better now. First two matches went 2-0 (first match was vs mono-wild giants, second vs bd control). Third match went 2-1, was against a gore deck. Sideboarded in Countermagic / Zombie Plague. Got to play the plague on third turn of third match and stomped, it completely ruins pure ruby aggro.

Xetherion

I am in the Pacific time zone. I joined a queue with 2 people in it once, 3 after I joined, and after 10 minutes or so the other 2 left and I was the only person in the queue. Gave up on playing constructed after that.

Yeah the AH price for Mastery is pretty high. It's one of the few cards I have 0 copies of so it must be pretty rare.

Congrats on the win! That reminds me I need to add Zombie Plague to my reserves for my control deck.

Kyuur

Does anyone know if the servers are down? Just got closed beta access and the game never accepts the login.

Servers are pretty much never down. There is a topic on the forums about that particular problem.. for me re-opening until it quickly loaded usually fixed it. Might need a reinstall.

Ryuukan

Stealth patch up, apparently adds the 100g per random opponent win in proving grounds, but only once. You don't get more gold after a single win.

EDIT: If you reopen the client, you can get the 100g again

EDIT2: looks like this patch has killed tourneys and proving grounds

Stealth patch up, apparently adds the 100g per random opponent win in proving grounds, but only once. You don't get more gold after a single win.

EDIT: If you reopen the client, you can get the 100g again

EDIT2: looks like this patch has killed tourneys and proving grounds

I see you putting in work on the forums

Ryuukan

Why hold off on opening packs? Was there a bug with that too?

Before today's hotfix, legendary chests have been dropping as much as common chests. After the patch some people were saying they were dropping nothing but common, but this was during the whole "investigation" process, so hopefully it's fixed now?

The CZE Brand Evangelists are out in full force on this one, again. "Hex_Colin," who has no official position with Hex but whose name has Hex in it and basically has an official position with Hex, compared this to the DDOS attacks on Blizzard.

The cognitive dissonance is real.

Xetherion

Damn, I wish someone had told me about the Legendary drop rate. I have a bunch of packs I would have opened if I'd known about it.

Xetherion

I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere they will contain PVE cards and equipment. Maybe a chance of a booster pack, though that might just be from spinning the wheels, can't remember.

Berksy

Didn't see a warning about code begging so;

Can i have a beta code good people? <3

Playing Solforge and Infinity Wars atm and want to give this a go too.

Though my main games are PTCGO, MtGO and HS.

EDIT: Got a code thanks to Markoff_Chaney.

Kyuur

Didn't see a warning about code begging so;

Can i have a beta code good people? <3

Playing Solforge and Infinity Wars atm and want to give this a go too.

Though my main games are PTCGO, MtGO and HS.

I don't have one, but you should try the reddit for Hex, or the official forums has a thread for keys. I hear they give them out regularly.

Top Bottom