• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey EB/GameStop Folks: How Much Will I Get For A Dead PS2?

I have a friend's PS2 that's totally fried. I was going to see if I could get it fixed through Sony, but I've been lazy and now I just want to get rid of it. It's not in the best shape either.... the tray door has come off, and certain parts are sticky due to duck tape residue. I know game stores will buy dead systems, but I just want to know much I'll get from each store.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
FortNinety said:
I know game stores will buy dead systems
As crooked as I was when I worked at FuncoLand, I never bought back dead systems.

I don't know what the guy was thinking when he brought in a Sega CD unit that sprayed cockroach bits on the counter when I tapped the system, but I had no problem in dropping the brick on his hands, pointing to the door and telling him to get the fuck out.

Any GS/EB that buys back dead systems is just asking for immobile inventory, i.e. trouble.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Gamestop gives $35 assuming its not been opened.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
dog$ said:
Any GS/EB that buys back dead systems is just asking for immobile inventory, i.e. trouble.

Or we just take it, charge them a 50$ refurbishing fee (leaving the customer with 35$ store credit), and send it back to the warehouse so there are absolutely no inventory issues.

But, yeah.

Syckx

Suikoguy said:
Gamestop gives $35 assuming its not been opened.

Yep. If the sticker on the back is removed we cannot touch it.; otherwise you will get $35 in store credit. Where you think we get refurbished systems from, Dog$?

Top Bottom