• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Def Media Lovefest: The war is over and we can all go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaveli

Jim said:
At the CES this morning, Fox announced that BRD sales surpassed HD-DVD by 20% for the first time with an overall 3.5-to-1 ratio, and made projections for the next year.
The source is Fox though, so wtf.

fox_graphic.jpg

Press Release

one of the first posts in the thread. Even though the dates are wrong, i guess Fox was right.

speculawyer said:
How can I find my first post in this thread? I wanna see what I said in my early statements on this issue.
I'm not really sure but since I currently sit at 320 posts in this thread I figured I'd try to find my own: Post #9070 on page 182. dang. I knew my first post was about the Pirates movies so I searched for that restricting results to my user name and posts instead of threads.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So this thread is basically for people to post lols about reading another thread on a different board? Seriously, just lock this thing and sticky the HD movie thread...

Cosmic Bus said:
So this thread is basically for people to post lols about reading another thread on a different board? Seriously, just lock this thing and sticky the HD movie thread...
NO U

Toshiba is making their announcement at midnight PST and the thread must stay open for the aftermath of that and whatever Universal and Paramount do as a result.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Topher said:
I'm happy that the war is over, and i'm especially happy Blu Ray won. But this particular thread has run it's course IMO.

cmon lighten up. It'll be over by tomorrow night probably anyways. I would however like it to stick around until universal and paramount make their announcements.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
sweet, i have page 3 in cache.
thread title was: Sony Press Release (Anyone Read?)

Someone with a walmart icon said:

aw, look, walmart likes to party hard too. you see guys?

all for these guys. they look so happy.
it.jpg

blu ray says:
"what now?"
16bll6u.jpg

"yeah, s'what i thought. lol"

someone said "What a bunch of pussies!"
i quoted and replied with:

please tell me you aren't talking to the blu-ray camp.
ajo3lh.gif

if not
celebrate.gif
2wm2mwz.jpg

8588584_sb.jpg

get yours at walmart.com and bestbuy.com
lol

as for the post that never made it.... because i got banned...
someone said "I must be on gamespot.com....."
and i was gonna reply with:

2luuxhs.jpg

i left a [hdd forum bluray symbol] on your face.

GuessWho

wow every bluboy laughing at hd dvd/fans should take along look in the mirror. If you haven't noticed you are just as sad/pathetic as them.
altough being on the winning is always fun.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
GuessWho said:
wow every bluboy laughing at hd dvd/fans should take along look in the mirror. If you haven't noticed you are just as sad/pathetic as them.
altough being on the winning is always fun.
really?

we shouldn't be laughing at delusional people with mental problems? toshiba, the people who shouldn't be letting go, have.

if hd-dvd won and blu-ray lost... i'd promote laughing and psycho blu-ray bitter fans who refuse to let go.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
DeathNote said:
i was on the game forum for like 10 secs :lol looks like the rumor is an incoming system not an addon?
If the rumored system has the newest chipset, that's okay. MS just needs to fix the DRM, then, because I bought a shitload of XBLA games...

Fuck, Deathnote I went to have dinner and missed the lulz!!

You have been banned for the following reason:
Troller

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

GREAT SUCCESS

Seriously though, that forum's a complete joke.

jiggle

It took them forever to release on DVD too. I've been collecting their DVD releases since the first version of Mermaid. The wait sucks.

Soooooo there is an interesting rumor that Transformers and some other movies might be available DAYS after the announcement by Toshiba... I do not really trust the source but why not?

http://www.smarthousenews.com.au/Business_News?Article=/Business News/C4S5U2N2

In the US a major retailer has been told that hit movies like Transformers which originally, was only going to be available on HD DVD will be made available on Blu-ray within days.

And according to Gaf's favorite Kotaku ..

We've been tipped off by a number of GameStop employees that, commencing tomorrow, the company will no longer be accepting HD-DVD gear for trade-in. That means you won't be able to trade in your HD-DVD movies, and more importantly, you won't be able to get anything for that soon-to-be-useless 360 HD-DVD player, either. Sorry.

http://kotaku.com/357925/hd+dvd-deat...mestop-edition

ManaByte

Gold Member
Christopher said:
wait so Disney only releases 2 of its animated movies a year? That sucks - it'll take forever to get all of their movies on Blu Ray.

Two PLATINUM movies a year. The second tier movies like Aristocats, Robin Hood, Fox & The Hound, etc. DO NOT count against the 2 Platinum a year release schedule.

Also, Disney's Home Video Moratorium APPLIES TO HIGH DEFINITION.

Once a Disney title goes OOP, it stays OOP for seven years.

Christopher

ManaByte said:
Two PLATINUM movies a year. The second tier movies like Aristocats, Robin Hood, Fox & The Hound, etc. DO NOT count against the 2 Platinum a year release schedule.

Also, Disney's Home Video Moratorium APPLIES TO HIGH DEFINITION.

Once a Disney title goes OOP, it stays OOP for seven years.

Oh ok so I guess all of their first class titles are the two a year deal - I'm cool with that then. I thought everything like Hercules, Mulan, and some other great titles from the 90's are included in the "platinum" line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom