• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Def Media Lovefest: The war is over and we can all go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Hey guys I think we should send HD-DVD off with style. Therefor:

2u4kocj.gif

i have to work @ 6AM so yeah...no i'm not staying up, as much as i'd like to.

i'll probably just wake up 15 minutes earlier to check out the 'net before i head to the job.

KZObsessed

It should be announced around 8am 2moro for me so yeaaaaaah im not staying up. In fact I'm going to bed now, and will eagerly be logging on whenever I get home 2moro.

I still can't believe it's going to take Toshiba dropping the format before Universal and Paramount start releasing on Blu-Ray. Some people at those studios need to be fired.

Onix said:
That's a bit of an odd editorial.

While obviously Sony will receive plenty of competition in terms of marginal item sales (both components and actual players) ... it seems to completely forget to mention that Sony does receive a cut of the licensing pie in terms of players and discs.

From Sony's perspective, BD is a multi-level revenue source (and they are also vertically integrated with music and movie studios).

* components OEM (margin)
* players (margin)
* device licensing (IP)
* disc licensing (IP)
* Sony-owned music and video studios (margin)

You should leave it alone. It means that anti-Sony people can get behind Blu-ray and still be rooting for Sony to fail, and we can have our HD movies. :lol

ManaByte

Gold Member
All I know is that my HD-DVD player is not going in the box until Universal releases Apollo 13 on Blu-Ray.

My LD player didn't go in the box until Star Wars came out on DVD.

OokieSpookie said:
You people seriously have to take a peek at the user "Melodywhore" on hddigest forums, a new legend in the making.

Here is one of theirs http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=44003

I've been avoiding these links, but hey I was bored.... god. What does this guy hope to accomplish? Best Buy continuing to stock HD-DVD is going to somehow reverse a year's worth of trends, restore WB to HD-DVD, and convert the other studios?

You know, as happy as I am tonight due to all of this it does make you think...
I mean, hd dvd is in its cell waiting to take that long walk down the hall to the execution chamber....what is going through its mind?
When the priest comes for last rights, you have to kind of feel sorry for them.
(The priest I mean of course)
We all know that Jodi Sally will be teary eyed.
But most of all....it makes me wonder what hd dvd is eating for its last meal right now ...what will give them comfort....
But then I remembered....

This prison only serves crow. :D

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
A while back I got laughed at in this thread for saying it would be over by this summer. It's crazy how fast things turned though.

DeathNote said:
i'm on a mission...

to troll and get banned on hdd. :D
It's a board full of trolls so all you have to do to get banned there is point out the fact that these retarded trolls are retarded trolls. That's pretty much why I'm banned there.

polyh3dron said:
It's a board full of trolls so all you have to do to get banned there is point out the fact that these retarded trolls are retarded trolls. That's pretty much why I'm banned there.

That or try and ban bet certain mods and the pet insider they used to have...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
polyh3dron said:
10 posts is taking a long time for my image thread

dallow_bg

nods at old men
twinturbo2 said:
The press conference is at 3 AM local time. Mods, please don't lock this thread until later tomorrow, so I can get my lulz in. :D
Yeah, give it 24 hours at least so we can see the aftermath of their press release.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I really don't think that is helping any.

Sure there are a ton of irrational HDDVD fans out there,
But how baiting them helping?

Xisiqomelir

Suikoguy said:

Actually, I don't think there are any on this board. We have (
had?
) rational HD-DVD fans and Nico, who is a joke character and means no harm. AVS, HT forums and HDD though, are infested with virals and real crazies, so I always enjoy the imported lulz.

Xisiqomelir said:
Actually, I don't think there are any on this board. We have (
had?
) rational HD-DVD fans and Nico, who is a joke character and means no harm. AVS, HT forums and HDD though, are infested with virals and real crazies, so I always enjoy the imported lulz.
I don't know...Thaivo was pretty hardcore, and that one person ..was it fragula? The one who hates Sony so much that they will not touch anything that they touch?

Suikoguy said:

It's needed to balance out all the whacked out tinfoil hat red fanboy threads.

There were a few here, but they've either gotten rational or gone away (voluntarily or not). Alcibades was the first very vocal one. Self-admittedly in it just to see Sony fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom