• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Selects Tim Kaine As VP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this just to lock up virginia?

Seems like there were more interesting possible choices.

Edit: or was this really a search for the best team? Did Hillary just think that her and Kaine will get along the best?

Busty

Banned
Will he bring that 'aw shucks' vibe that Biden brought onto the Obama campaign that proved pivotal in the end?

Erevador

Strong choice. Kaine could easily step into the presidency if he had to, which is what a vice president should be able to do.

She was always going to go with the safest choice.

Kaine checks all the boxes politically and would have the temperament and pedigree to handle the job of a vice president.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Is this just to lock up virginia?

Seems like there were more interesting possible choices.

Virginia, PA and Ohio.

This is a moderate midwestern Dem who is extremely popular in his home state that is designed to be able to speak to those voters that Trump is trying to steal from the Obama coalition.

smurfx

get some go again
ugh i'm voting for her but i'm not expecting any real fighting for progressive causes. also as always a presidential nominee pretends to seriously consider a hispanic nominee.

Amir0x

Banned
Virginia, PA and Ohio.

This is a moderate midwestern Dem who is extremely popular in his home state that is designed to be able to speak to those voters that Trump is trying to steal from the Obama coalition.

And he speaks fluent Spanish making him a wonderful surrogate to shore up even more Hispanic support.

I don't like Kaine, but VPs rarely have too much power and so I can see his value strategically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom