• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Selects Tim Kaine As VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

Virginia represent. Ahhh yeah, he was good for Virginia for the most part for me at least. Now the wait until November.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why is GAF so down on him? I don't anything about this guy.

He's the safe pick. He's probably to the right of Clinton and definitely to the right of Warren. But he's an experienced politician with solid positions that mostly agree with hers and where the country is. Great ratings from NARAL/Planned Parenthood. He has an F from the NRA.

Honestly I think he's just zzz. She could have made a splash.

HylianTom

Banned
Imagine polls in Virginia closing at 7PM Eastern and we get a call within an hour.

Knowing what the electoral math looks like, I'd be sitting here laaaaaaughing.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Is now a good time to buy bank of america and goldman sachs stock?

I mean, do you know what the capital markets are going to look like in the next 24 months?

Right now there is a shitload of negative pressure on the bond market, and the stock market gains are making both IB and M&A work harder than it was a year ago..

oh, you were making a dumb quippy joke without any information to back it up.

Virginia, PA and Ohio.

This is a moderate midwestern Dem who is extremely popular in his home state that is designed to be able to speak to those voters that Trump is trying to steal from the Obama coalition.

I hope it works out well.

I mean, I'm sure Hillary and her team do good work in vetting the right candidate. Most of all I hope Tim and Hillary just get along well. Seems to me the most important of all.

RDreamer

Seems like a solid, logical choice. I'm on board with it. Seems like how Clinton will govern. Well thought out and logical.

0BeKs7W.jpg

Kaine is boring and dull yes

but he turns Virginia blue and makes North Carolina purple

North Carolina being in play puts Trump on defense

StoOgE

I hope it works out well.

I mean, I'm sure Hillary and her team do good work in vetting the right candidate. Most of all I hope Tim and Hillary just get along well. Seems to me the most important of all.

They know each other extremely well.

This is the "this guy would make a very capable president" sort of VP pick, which is what the VPs actual job is for the most part.

Was hoping for the Supreme Commander, but Kaine is a safe, smart pick as well. Being from a battleground state and speaking spanish is a bonus. But the Supreme Commander also had both qualities.

He's the safe pick.

Because he's not exciting enough.

I'm just glad we got someone we can trust should the worst come to pass in the next 4 years. But what do I know.

Because GAF is unrealistic about how far to the left an unpopular candidate like Hillary can go in her choice of VP.

He's the safe pick. He's probably to the right of Clinton and definitely to the right of Warren. But he's an experienced politician with solid positions that mostly agree with hers and where the country is. Great ratings from NARAL/Planned Parenthood. He has an F from the NRA.

Honestly I think he's just zzz. She could have made a splash.

He's fine. He was the expected pick. But his name on the ticket won't light a fire under anyone's ass to go out and vote.

Gotcha. Thanks.
The Progressive Case for Tim Kaine (If you want to learn more about him)

Will read this. thanks.

Mr. RPG

This is an absolutely abysmal choice for Vice President.

I'm so disappointed in Hillary. It is clear that she doesn't care about Bernie's supporters.

StoOgE

I'm curious to see if she'll get a polling bounce from the news.

between this and the rollout at the DNC (which I promise will not be stepped on by a non-endorsement by a political opponent right beforehand) she should get a solid bounce in the polls.

That coupled with the e-mail stuff and the super negative RNC not going over very well and I suspect that outside of external major news she will be sitting on a 7-10 point lead in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom