• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hironobu Sakaguchi Has “No Interest” in Bringing Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon to New Platforms

Pallas

I’d love for a port to other consoles, and even a good remaster and definitely a sequel but it’s not completely lost if you have a Xbox one or series console. There’s ways to play it if you have the correct consoles.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
if Microsoft remade it and made it a multiplat for PC and PS5 it would sell 10x the amount it sold originally on 360
I like Lost Odyssey, but let's be honest: it wouldn't.

Gachas and weaboos have killed JRPGs. If your JRPG doesn't contain big tiddy waifus with dating simulation these days no one will buy it.

Skelterz

I like Lost Odyssey, but let's be honest: it wouldn't.

Gachas and weaboos have killed JRPGs. If your JRPG doesn't contain big tiddy waifus with dating simulation these days no one will buy it.

I’m not 100% sure of this but with what I’ve seen lost odyssey sold around 1.5m lifetime which is a paltry figure if accurate.

You’re telling me that in this landscape LO remade/remastered and multi-platform couldn’t sell 15m units? I disagree to be honest I think it’s now a cult classic and that the hype generated from the people who played it when it first came out would generate tons more sales.

Last edited:
iu

spons

They're both backwards compatible on Xbox, so just play them on the Best Place To Play™.
And, as I realize after I just posted this, the only one.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
You’re telling me that in this landscape LO remade/remastered and multi-platform couldn’t sell 15m units?
15 million?

No way. 1~2 million for a remaster, being very optimistic about it.
A remake could get to 3 million if we're talking about a high budget remake.

JRPGs like Lost Odyssey don't sell well. Teenagers and weaboos don't care about existentialism.
It takes a certain level of maturity for them to care, which they lack.
For them, it's all about their fictional waifus and dating sim harems to make them feel better about their lack of self worth and purpose.

I disagree to be honest I think it’s now a cult classic and that the hype generated from the people who played it when it first came out would generate tons more sales.
People said the same about Dragon's Dogma, and yet here we are.

Lost Odyssey was at least better than FF13
It *was* FF13

7C7Wa3J.jpeg

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Lost Odyssey looked good in its day and couple of the stories were effective, but on the whole I thought it was mediocre.

Battle system was dull as fuck and you could basically win the game by spamming the same non-elemental magic spell you get from the moogle stand-ins at the start of the game.

Lokaum D+

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
Ummmm...I dont have Xbox...I only have PS5 and Switch.
I didn't have one until last month, either. I found someone selling an Xbox 360S complete in original box with four controllers and four games. Bought the game online. It cost the same for all of this as it would for one modern game after tax.

Xbox One S sell for $100 CAD locally, if you want to splurge. Then the whole setup would cost 1.5x a new game.

No excuse.

Kaim0

Neo Member
It amuses me how many people dismiss Fantasian as a "mobile game." It's a full-fledged console JRPG guys, and a very competent one at that—superior to Lost Odyssey in many aspects, including gameplay-. If you're a fan of Lost Odyssey and JRPGs in general, you should be very excited that Fantasian is coming to consoles and that a sequel is on the way. Instead of ignoring it by mistakenly believing it's a mobile game and lamenting something that isn't going to happen (Lost Odyssey is already 17 years old).

Who owns the Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon IPs? Microsoft or Mistwalker?
Looks like Microsoft in the case of Lost Odyssey, and they've last renewed the trademark in 2020.

Top Bottom