• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
It wouldn't be so bad if you could just load saves but it looks like if you started online you need to connect to get it to work. This is horrible if they can't keep the servers stable.

I hate how the saves are separate. If I keep getting booted offline I might as play it like that. It's even worse that everything you unlock online doesn't work offline.

Good if you have a beefy PC.

You can't go offline and play the game?

You can but the game acts like you never played it before. So you have to start from scratch.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Save loading on PC is 2-3 seconds... but I haven't gotten to Paris yet.

What is the deal with the "opportunity markers"? In the tutorial mission I have a marker over a guard... But I can't seem to do anything with it. I watched him for a while, nothing. Knocked him out and put him in a box and now the marker is on the box... Wtf?

Foffy

Banned
Had two game crashes, and now a fourth disconnect from their servers...

And now I can't get back on. Are their PS4 servers getting hit all of a sudden?

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Always connected future brehs.

A+ game design, would connect again

Hey Net_Wrecker, I just started downloading this game and I know I asked this question even in the beta but what options have you turned off in the setting. I am curious

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Spent ages creating a really good Contract. Complete it then at the screen to give a name and description the game crashes. >_<

Foffy

Banned
I haven't been able to connect for about 25 minutes.

Haha. Wow.

I guess you can say someone has Silent Assassin'd their fucking servers.

EDIT: Also, is it just me, or did they remove the crates in Paris that you can hide your gun in? I found it baffling they did that because you cannot choose to go into a mission without a gun.

If I buy the intro pack for this on PS4, does anyone know how much the upgrade pack will be? just wondering if they'll try ripping me off and make me pay more in the long run if I be one of those people who would like to try it and see if it's for me.

Have you capped the framerate in the settings menu? It seems very stable on PS4 to me so I can only think you have it unlocked.

In the very beginning with the snow landscape i thought the performance was lovely, so damn smooth with minor hiccups. I thought to myself if this was going to be like the rest of the missions, that would be fantastic. But nah, sadly not the case. I guess these consoles just can't do it. I'm going to lock it tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow this sneaked up on me. Tempted to grab it at 25% off at GMG...

MUnited83

For you.
While I'm a fan of what they're trying to do with challenges, contracts and inter-player connectivity, they very much butchered this.

There shouldn't be a separate online and offline save. And if there has to be, at least make it so it autosaves when the servers go down so people dont lose their progress.

There's also no reason for the base game challenges to be online only. I think it's understandable if it was for new challenges that get added with time(based in community runs and all that) but it's not justifiable for the base developer made challenges.

Online requirement should only be a thing for contracts mode (for obvious reasons)

Hey Net_Wrecker, I just started downloading this game and I know I asked this question even in the beta but what options have you turned off in the setting. I am curious

All i have on is the mini map and the NPC identifiers so I can reliably know who can see through my disguise. I played with the opportunity stuff in the beta and it completely takes the fun out of what Hitman is, so I turned them off. (or minimal, at least)

And no instinct, of course.

Out of all the stuff Absolution took out like ala frisking and dropping items, the thing I missed the most was body bags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7R-skuhoM

I am so glad they're back because they are always hilarious.

I killed the first target right in the main lobby in front of everyone before making an escape through the basement and circling back around in a staff outfit. I found his bodyguard dragging him away in a bodybag lol

So I killed him too when we got to the freezer/closet and stole his suit..

But of course none of this mattered because I wasn't connected to the server so it's like I never did anything.

mileS

They did.

7iv29SK.jpg

Most people probably skipped it because we don't read those screens.

That said, the implementation is a little annoying, especially if the servers are going to be so spotty. If it loses a connection, it should auto-save immediately, so at least you can get back to where you were.
Ugh. I hate this. Why does it seem like more and more are moving towards systems like this. I would understand if some of them actually sounded like they had a real purpose to be always online.

Foffy

Banned
Ugh. I hate this. Why does it seem like more and more are moving towards systems like this. I would understand if some of them actually sounded like they had a real purpose to be always online.

There is a purpose. It's to prevent scumming the online-only content. Of course, how about the fact online Contracts - which includes the Sarajevo Six and presumably Elusive Targets - remove the option to save from the menu.

Why they linked it to the main missions puzzles me. I just found out The Director was an online-only mission because I cannot play it on PS4, now. I guess I'm going to have to speedrun missions for the Challenges like I had to in the Beta, I guess...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I killed the first target right in the main lobby in front of everyone before making an escape through the basement and circling back around in a staff outfit. I found his bodyguard dragging him away in a bodybag lol

So I killed him too when we got to the freezer/closet and stole his suit..

But of course none of this mattered because I wasn't connected to the server so it's like I never did anything.

DSQF7wR.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I cannot load a fucking save because their servers took a shit? Wtf?

L...O...F'n....L

DukeBobby

Had to finish the Paris mission in offline mode and I didn't even get a damn rating at the end of it. Also, being unable to do challenges means I can't unlock anything.

Offline only gamers are getting the short end of the stick here.

MayMay

Banned
Seems like the servers are back online.. on PC at least. Finally connected.

Hopefully they won't go go down again.

I'm sure IO will get feedbacks about this online restricted thing and update the game in the future.

Contracts should be downloadable, given they work with content already on your system.

The game absolutely should auto-save if you disconnect and the fact that it doesn't is perplexing. Especially with Hitman, where you can spend a decent amount of time planning an assassination, and then move to the execution phase only to be kicked out.

MUnited83

For you.
I hope the leaderboards are reset because the scores are broken right now. It seems that quite randomly the game might not count your time at all, so you will have the highest time bonus possible.

This is why is there so many people on the leaderboard with the maximum possible score (210 000)

Messi

So how is Paris this time of year?
Is it good?

It is very good so far imo. As close a sequel to Blood Money as we are going to get.

I have spent so much time just walking around the Paris level. It is so big and detailed. So many ways to take out the targets.

Has there ever been a timeline for Hitman? Wikileaks got mentioned in Paris, and this happens early in 47's career. Does Absolution take place in the 2020's then?

PreFire

Game runs smooth for me on ps4. Minor hiccups in Paris while browsing through heavy crowds and spinning the camera around (I like to stress test), but other than that, it's been fine for me.

Sucks that I haven't been able to connect online for the past few hours. Wanted to try out the contracts and make my own, but it's fucking unavailable because the servers are down lol

So, right now, we only have two locations to play with? I'm glad there's replay value and all.. But the timed release thing is going to probably make me sick of the older maps once I've played them a couple dozen times.

I like that you can't just Rambo your way through the game like in the previous Hitmans.

Has there ever been a timeline for Hitman? Wikileaks got mentioned in Paris, and this happens early in 47's career. Does Absolution take place in the 2020's then?
I dont think they've officially said this but seeing how this game is just titled "Hitman" it's safe to say this is a rebooted timeline.

justjim89

I really like the idea behind Escalation Contracts. Just did all of them in a row for the Final Test. I like how they occasionally would change things to throw you off of your routine. Certain people or objects not being present, forcing you to think on your feet. They're really making the most out of the limited amount of actual content.

On a related note, the takedown animation with the silenced pistol is badass. Hand over the mouth, two through the back. So good.

Top Bottom