• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Do I need to increase my mastery level in Paris to unlock a new mission? Or is The Showstopper the only mission?

Foffy

Banned
Do I need to increase my mastery level in Paris to unlock a new mission? Or is The Showstopper the only mission?

Only one mission, sadly. Technically two if you count The Director, but not really. :/

All you unlock is more stuff to play with in the levels. And I doubt much of it carries to other levels...

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Only one mission, sadly. Technically two if you count The Director, but not really. :/

All you unlock is more stuff to play with in the levels. And I doubt much of it carries to other levels...

Whoa one mission! That's crazy, I thought I read each location has four. Is the next $15 episode one mission as well?

And what is The Director?

Foffy

Banned
Wait, what's The Director? Is that a Contract? Or one of the PS4 exclusive things?

Whoa one mission! That's crazy, I thought I read each location has four. Is the next $15 episode one mission as well?

And what is The Director?

The Director is a PS4 exclusive contract. It's part of the Sarajevo Six thing they're doing.

As for future missions, I hope they see that a criticism here is that while there's a great deal of extra fun things to do, people are in fact not happy with the real meat - missions - being so few. I hope they add at least two for the next locations.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The Director is a PS4 exclusive contract. It's part of the Sarajevo Six thing they're doing.

As for future missions, I hope they see that a criticism here is that while there's a great deal of extra fun things to do, people are in fact not happy with the real meat - missions - being so few. I hope they add at least two for the next locations.

Well, there were two tutorial missions as well. I really like how they give you stuff to play with as a reward for finishing the mission in different ways. Kind of disappointed to hear it's just the one major mission though...

Overall I'm really impressed with the massive breadth of the single mission offered, and feel like the $11 I paid on GMG was justified.

sn00zer

Having an issue with getting the pairs level to register as purchased on main page....restarted the game a few times...nuffin

EDIT: On PS4

DBLEDIT: Got it had to restart console

hollomat

Banned
Love the OT title. I got extremely lucky and was able to pick up a steam copy on eBay for $25. I wasn't the biggest fan of the older ones but I'm loving this so far. I think the episode format works perfectly for this game.

pahamrick

Man, I'm really loving this game ... when it works.

I can't figure out what keeps causing it to crash. Tried uninstalling drivers with DDU, then reinstalling drivers. Using no GPU O/C (Card has factory O/C), no CPU O/C. No matter what, even on DX11 renderer, within 5-10 minutes game just locks up and hard crashes. Don't have any problems with any other games with the O/Cs active (Witcher 3, GTAV, The Division) so I'm at a complete loss right now.

Verifying files doesn't show any corrupted files.

Foffy

Banned
Has there ever been a timeline for Hitman? Wikileaks got mentioned in Paris, and this happens early in 47's career. Does Absolution take place in the 2020's then?

The chronology of IO's universe might be the following. Unless the game has a specific storyline with a cited date, it usually takes place the year it's released.

1999 - Hitman: Codename 47
2002 - Hitman: Silent Assassin
2004 - Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (this could be set during 2005, but I forget.)
2004 - Hitman: Contracts
2006 - Hitman: Blood Money
2010 - Kane & Lynch: Dog Days
2012 - Hitman: Sniper Challenge
2013 - Hitman: Absolution
2014 - Hitman GO
2015 - Hitman Sniper
2019 - HITMAN (the Prologue takes place after the tutorial of Codename 47, then makes the 20 year jump)

is anyone else experiencing lag in game on PS4?

Lag in game. lag in menus. 2-3 second delay to load menus. Is this because of internet connectivity? Might have to go offline and try again.

sn00zer

Turned off minimap and instinct immediately..... wow is the world engrossing. So many little stories going on. I HIGHLY recommend turning off those two things, really makes it feel less "gamey".

I've just noticed that there's no difficulty level to change. That's an interesting departure for the series.

They're trying this new approach to difficulty, sort of like Nemesis in RE3, where there are certain dynamic enemies that are always stalking you, and whenever you're doing too well you'll have to deal with them or risk restarting at your last checkpoint, if not the whole mission when they really screw you over.

I think they're called Server Errors but I haven't dealt with any yet so I'm not sure maybe they're not so bad

sn00zer

Wow..... this game is incredible. I cannot reiterate enough to turn off minimap, instinct, and opportunities. The game is insanely engrossing and detailed just wandering around.

EDIT: This game is slowly climbing my favorite games ever list

Foffy

Banned
Man, some of the stuff they thought of for Leaderboards is a bit silly.

CdUzC0mW0AAw7nJ.jpg:large

If the peak score for a mission - in this case, an Escalation Contract - is 210,000, and hundreds of people including myself have it, are we all technically in first place..?

They're trying this new approach to difficulty, sort of like Nemesis in RE3, where there are certain dynamic enemies that are always stalking you, and whenever you're doing too well you'll have to deal with them or risk restarting at your last checkpoint, if not the whole mission when they really screw you over.

I think they're called Server Errors but I haven't dealt with any yet so I'm not sure maybe they're not so bad
lol

Wow..... this game is incredible. I cannot reiterate enough to turn off minimap, instinct, and opportunities. The game is insanely engrossing and detailed just wandering around.
I might have to do that. Minimap and opportunities are no loss, but in tense moments I think I'll miss instinct if the beta is anything to go by.

Jintor

Just wish there was a better UI way to show enemies that will be suspicious of me than the dot over their heads. I find myself watching dots more than actual enemies...

Moff

level 5 escalation of the russian base doesn't allow you to pacifiy anyone, is there a soldier disguise somewhere?

Man, some of the stuff they thought of for Leaderboards is a bit silly.

If the peak score for a mission - in this case, an Escalation Contract - is 210,000, and hundreds of people including myself have it, are we all technically in first place..?

it's a bug, the time bonus is not working and everyone gets the maximum

MUnited83

For you.
lol. So much for the Digital Games rep telling me that PC orders wouldn't be getting it.

-Edit-

Got two pre-order bonus codes, wonder if both work.

They are sending the bonuses individually. So it's three separate keys, one for the duck, other for the suit and other for the gun.

level 5 escalation of the russian base doesn't allow you to pacifiy anyone, is there a soldier disguise somewhere?
Think about your targets...;)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there some way to make certain people do things faster, or alter their schedules? Didn't previous Hitman games have time acceleration?

Like, for instance

I want to poison the guy's drink in Paris. But the guy walks all over the place before he goes to the bar. I was sitting at the bar waiting for him to order the drink for about 10 minutes before I just gave up

pahamrick

They are sending the bonuses individually. So it's three separate keys, one for the duck, other for the suit and other for the gun.

Think about your targets...;)

Hope the third one shows up then, still only have the two.

I've got the gun and the explosive so far, but not the suit. Come on suit!

Cryoteck

it's a bug, the time bonus is not working and everyone gets the maximum

There isn't a loose soldier outfit in the base, however one of your targets is wearing a soldier's uniform...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Plus this is still the same universe where being pushed over a railing to a one foot drop kills you on the spot.

Is there some way to make certain people do things faster, or alter their schedules? Didn't previous Hitman games have time acceleration?

Like, for instance

I want to poison the guy's drink in Paris. But the guy walks all over the place before he goes to the bar. I was sitting at the bar waiting for him to order the drink for about 10 minutes before I just gave up

Do you actually need to
wait for him? I made the drink and then he just came and drank it without a word. I don't even think I needed to be there.

I got the preorder bonuses, but I haven't even used them because I was busy with Escalation. This is everything I wanted in a game: actual incentives to replay and master everything.

AppleMIX

So we get six more maps? Correct?

That seems like a pretty good deal for 60 bucks, assuming the size and the quality are the same.

Jintor

Man this is good. Real good. I'm having stuttering/performance issues though especially in crowd scenes. Maybe time to upgrade when I get home.

xrnzaaas

Fucking hell who thought it would be a good idea to separate offline and online saves? I'm regularly getting server connection errors when browsing the challenges or loading last save. If this keeps up I'll restart the Paris mission in offline mode.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just spent the last 4 hours playing the paris level and still only have 18/75 challenges. Holy shit man.

Top Bottom