• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

jediyoshi

Oh lordy, I'm getting crashes in DX12 and (slightly less) in DX11.

Back to back crashes in DX12 at this specific point
EPQLVyE.jpg

Wanace

Game is gorgeous, huge level is amazing, I wandered around for a very long time and completed my kills, after the mission I was stunned by the number of possibilities to kill the two targets. I can't believe there are so many! Very cool.

thenexus6

I am absolutely certain the person that voiced Sasuke in the Naruto dub is in this game. I can't take certain NPCs seriously when they are voiced by that guy..

Also, how will the soundtrack work with this game? I'd like to purchase it at some point but not sure how with the episodic nature of the game.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The server disconnections were so bad last night I had to play offline. IO really need to have a rethink about how this all works.

Regardless, played Paris and was absolutely blown away. Now THAT is how you do a Hitman level. Didn't complete either hit because I was just exploring and checking shit out. I didn't even leave the ground floor! I haven't looked at the Challenges yet but I imagine there are a ton. I haven't checked out any ancillary modes yet either. I'll save all of that till I work out my first SA run on my own.

All in all, very happy with the game and technical aspects (bar the connectivity stuff).

Pachimari

I love what I have played of HITMAN so far. I just completed the Guided Tutorial, Freeform Tutorial and The Final Test and it was a lot of fun. It was eye-opening seeing how easy it was disguising myself as the contact Norfelt to get straight access to my target, instead of disguising me as a mechanic and then a police officer to only sneak around a window to get a clear shot at him.

I haven't started up the Paris mission yet but I probably will tonight.

Also if I understand this right, Hitman: Codename 47 tutorial level happens first, then the "20 years earlier" tutorial in HITMAN happens, and when I'm at the Paris level, I am in present day?

MaKTaiL

Plus this is still the same universe where being pushed over a railing to a one foot drop kills you on the spot.
If you are talking about the guard in the tutorial area, that place was simulated. You drop him at the ocean so he is supposed to die. It just seems wierd because the ocean is not real in the simulation and he drops to a concrete floor.

Moff

question for contracts.

whats "lethal melee"? it has a pistol symbol but a pistol melee kill didn't match the criteria
the disguise/weapon criterias are all marked as optional, but do they give bonus scores?

I finished one contract so far but I did not get a score, I didn't even get the objective score although I killed all 4 targets, bug or did I do something wrong? I got spotted but that should simply not award those specific points, but I did not get the objective score either.

So far I've just been going through and completing all of the challenges in the ICA facility - I did them all in the Beta already, but even second time around they're fun :)

So far on the PS4 version the frame rate (set to locked) and load times have been fine - that might change on Paris though. Similarly no crashing or server connection issues yet.

I did experience two slight annoyances with respect to challenges though. On my first play through of The Final Test, I did a perfect Silent Assassin, Suit Only run, only to have it not count towards ANY of the challenges at the end, even though I got the Silent Assassin trophy. It was no big deal for this one (I even made a video of how to do it easily for the Beta), but if that had happened for a challenge that was really difficult then I would've been pissed. The other issue was that there was never a proper debrief screen for The Final Test showing you which challenges you'd completed, after the cutscene you just get thrown straight back to the main menu.

The only bug I've seen so far is that all of my save games have the wrong time listed - they're all off by two hours (so my 10:00 PM saves say they're from 8:00 PM, etc.).

Online only bullshit is so fucking dumb.

Kicked me out in the middle of a map and now it won't even let me load that save but it won't even let me connect, so I can't play at all.

Infuriating.

question for contracts.

whats "lethal melee"?
If you sneak up behind someone with your silenced pistol out, I know there's an option to just press a button (i.e. no aiming) to shoot them dead with it and catch the falling body. It's either that, or melee attacks with deadly weapons (e.g. knife or axe rather than hammer or wrench).

So the servers are a bit crap. Disappointing, I'm just trying to enjoy the game and it keeps telling me there's an error after a few mins.

COme on, this isn't acceptable. They should have made sure their backend was up to snuff, what the hell was the point of hte beta if they are still having these issues.

Saying that, I did enjoy the tutorial, even if it was very basic and not particularly challenging. It's good to have a proper Hitman again. The number of options available here was a very good sign. Will play again soon, hopefully the server issues are resolved by then too.

To all the people having server connection issues, what's your region and platform? I'm playing on PS4 in Australia and have had no issues so far (started 6 hours ago). Maybe I've just been lucky.

I really like the reactions from some NPCs when you do some stupid shit like standing in front of them and crouching, they really react accordingly to it. For example I like to walk right through the camera crew at the start of the Paris level. I love their comments, hahaha.

But the A.I. can be unnecessarily stupid at times. I was spotted shooting a guy and cops and guards walked towards me and screaming at me, but didn't shoot, they instead took cover behind cars and stuff, lol.

This whole online thingy though I really hope they will change that. Xbox Live lately has its problems for sure where people are just thrown offline and we basically can't play this game then? That's just so unnecessary.

Rellik

Online only bullshit is so fucking dumb.

Kicked me out in the middle of a map and now it won't even let me load that save but it won't even let me connect, so I can't play at all.

Infuriating.

Wow, that sounds bad.

Looks like I won't be touching this game until that is changed, if ever.

Moff

If you sneak up behind someone with your silenced pistol out, I know there's an option to just press a button (i.e. no aiming) to shoot them dead with it and catch the falling body.
but that's what I did, what follows is a short cutscene where 47 holds them and shoots them a few times in the back, the requirement was not met, though

do you get the objective score only if you kill them with the optional disguise/weapon requirements, it has been like that for me so far. which would be good.

MaKTaiL

For those having connection issues I found that resuming the game from Suspend mode on PS4 makes disconnections common every few minutes, specially when you try to view the Challanges menu. Rebooting the game fixes this.

So I'm debating between ps4 vs Xbox one. Any reason to go with one over the other? Also, you boys doing the full $60 thing now or just the $15 mission pack?

Yeah the servers are acting weird now on Xbox One too. From the main menu I tried connecting to the server and after a while it was connected. It then started loading and after a minute or two it says :

an error occurred while attempting to load this content. You will now be taken back to the menu.

shandy706

I see I'm not the only one that can't play it in DirectX 12.

It would freeze on the training mission as soon as I reach the top of the first set of stairs inside the boat.

Switched to 11 and I've played all the way to Paris (some in Paris) without another crash.

Lovely game....love it! Needs a bit of bug fixing though.

i7 920/980ti 12GB Ram as a reference

rouken

Awesome game.

I was already overwhelmed by the Final Test level so I was surprised that it doesn't even compare to the scope of the Paris level.

Welcome back 47.

XrKwShS.jpg

It was all fine and dandy yesterday night, no problems. But now I can't connect and thus not get the challenges to appear either. Is anyone else having these issues too? XB1 version.

The idiotic thing is it says that it's connected and then loads something for some reason and soon I receive the error it cannot load the content.

We can play it offline but the challenges don't show. They should not make that shit online only. Stupid nonsense.

Managed to finish the Paris level without getting spotted and without HUD/instinct mode. No map, I had to memorize the palace layout in my mind and look for the targets manually. all that was in my first run! Wow! This game is so satisfying!! took me around 2 hours.

It was all fine and dandy yesterday night, no problems. But now I can't connect and thus not get the challenges to appear either. Is anyone else having these issues too? XB1 version.

The idiotic thing is it says that it's connected and then loads something for some reason and soon I receive the error it cannot load the content.

We can play it offline but the challenges don't show. They should not make that shit online only. Stupid nonsense.
I'm getting constant disconnects during challenges which is booting me to the menu and losing my progress. Seriously, who's idea was this? So infuriating, I've restareted so much I'm just considering leaving it altogether.

José Mourinho;198214459 said:
I'm getting constant disconnects during challenges which is booting me to the menu and losing my progress. Seriously, who's idea was this? So infuriating, I've restareted so much I'm just considering leaving it altogether.

The only thing you can do is go offline in the game and just play whatever is available, the game isn't rendered completely useless when you are offline but things like challenges and such should not be part of always online. I guess Contracts is online only as well?

Really hope IO changes this drastically.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
To all the people having server connection issues, what's your region and platform? I'm playing on PS4 in Australia and have had no issues so far (started 6 hours ago). Maybe I've just been lucky.

UK. PS4. Gave it another shot now and it flubbed.

I've no doubt they'll do something about it. I don't think they can really afford for this to fail.

The only thing you can do is go offline in the game and just play whatever is available, the game isn't rendered completely useless when you are offline but things like challenges and such should not be part of always online. I guess Contracts is online only as well?

Unfortunately the challenges are what give the game it's legs.

Randdalf

I just spent about an hour or so running around in Paris failing to complete any objectives, although I did discover quite a lot. I've already completed the level, mind you, just trying to up my mastery level now.

Are you guys using the feats, challenges, etc. as a guide, or trying to find that stuff for yourself?

Tacitus_

Played for three hours, just learning the level. The only issue I had was that it didn't recognize the death of the 2nd target for some reason.

Ran flawlessly with dx12 too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Javier23

Banned
I really like the reactions from some NPCs when you do some stupid shit like standing in front of them and crouching, they really react accordingly to it.
You sure? Try crouching in the hall while Novakov is walking down the stairs. It's worth a gif. The AI is dumb, but so it's been in every Hitman game. It's just more noticeable now that everything else looks and feels so realistic.

Moff

about the people who complained that it wouldn't matter in contracts what disguise you wear or weapon you use.
they definitely do matter, atlhough they are marked as optional ( you can complete the contract that way) you will not get the 20k objective points, you will get 0 if you even miss a single requirement.

MaKTaiL

about the people who complained that it wouldn't matter in contracts what disguise you wear or weapon you use.
they definitely do matter, atlhough they are marked as optional ( you can complete the contract that way) you will not get the 20k objective points, you will get 0 if you even miss a single requirement.
Yeah. What I like about the Contracts is that people can't set up crazy requirements unless they manage to do it themselves first.

Top Bottom