• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

lilltias

Guys, what do you consider to be the most fun (designed) kills of the targets in the game so far?

For me, it is the exploding golfball in Sapienza and the toilette bomb in the school in Marrakesh. Some good stuff. Massage is funny too if you consider the dialogue Strandburg has at that point. The ram in Colorado is up there as well because its so godamn brutal.

Enforcing = seeing through disguises.

She used to be able to see through the golf attire because
you are clearly not her secret lover.

The thing is, that's talking about when you are disguised and sitting in the chair (blending in).

When I played, that always did prevent your disguise from being blown. Maybe something got broken along the way.

Moff

of course sitting in the chair made her not see through your disguise
otherwise it would not have been possible

that's also the coolest kill in the game in my opinion, just btw

Demoskinos

I was just wondering cause like I did that kill ages ago now and I sat in the chair to blend in and it never alerted her. So that just confused me why that was on there unless if the outfit itself gives you immunity from her now.

Guys, what do you consider to be the most fun (designed) kills of the targets in the game so far?

Sapienza: An Eye for an Eye (
sniper bullet through the telescope
), Error Plane (
fire the cannon with ten seconds left on the target's escape timer
).

Bangkok: Oops! I Did It Again (
one target kills the other thanks to some elaborate timing
), Fade to Black (
confront the target with his guilt at gunpoint
).

Colorado: plain and simple sniper run. Do it right and no one ever figures out where you shot from.

Randdalf

For me, it is the exploding golfball in Sapienza and the toilette bomb in the school in Marrakesh. Some good stuff. Massage is funny too if you consider the dialogue Strandburg has at that point. The ram in Colorado is up there as well because its so godamn brutal.

In Bangkok
getting Jordan Cross to kill Ken Morgan

Foffy

Banned
I was just wondering cause like I did that kill ages ago now and I sat in the chair to blend in and it never alerted her. So that just confused me why that was on there unless if the outfit itself gives you immunity from her now.

I assume the bug may be related to that if she's properly dealt with, if you break blending too soon, she breaks the death and enters a suspicious status. You interrupt
her dying of poison, breaking the game a bit.

That's my guess, because blending in automatically disables the suspicion system so long as you stay in it. It has to involve getting out of it early.

if you're more into text this guy lady has a good general story analysis in written form. No offence to Many a True Nerd but I just can't stand lore videos, they take forever.

She doesn't really get what H6 is doing though imho

Thanks for this link, her analysis is really interesting. I'll keep watching MATD, but this is a great companion piece.

Before episode 5 came out i could share play hitman, now i cant. Whats up with that??
I can shareplay every other game, but Hitman gets the region error.

By the way, from today's patch notes:

- Issues with the ‘Let the Game Begin’ challenge unlocking have now been fixed.

There is no challenge called "Let the Game Begin" in any of the released levels. Is there?

I'm glad someone else notices this, haven't seen anyone else bring it up. I didn't see it in the patch notes.

I don't get it. Is it a hit or miss thing? I saw a reddit thread on it and haven't seen any resolution, but it's a pretty bad bug because it's not just the on screen text. Half of my intel is unreadable.

https://hitman.com/news/season-finale-details-and-release-date

The mission is titled Situs Inversus.

8907619314187.822.abba1419417ff2424350327474924362.jpg

8910406468917.979.ed0b83bd24e637328cec33d475646961.jpg

The short-haired silhouetted woman in the complete season image looks like a target.

Lima

So now that we have the date for the finale when is the summer bonus episode going to become available for piece meal buyers?

justjim89

Looks great, definitely reminiscent of past Japan levels. Seeing the WA2000 gives me hope for the briefcase. But this release date seems so early, weren't they saying it would be in December? I figured we'd get the third bonus episode and some elusives while we waited for the finale. But this might end up being out before the third bonus episode.

I don't know what to make of this. Are they pushing it out the door so they can get the full experience disc on store shelves by Christmas? Do they want to start work on Season 2 quicker? Is the publisher just wanting to be done with the game since it hasn't sold well?

You guys think the targets will be
Soders
and the Shadow Client? Or two non-related targets and some fuckery happens in the end cutscene? Do we know if there will be a playable epilogue?

No one said that episode 6 was releasing in December - just that the full game is releasing in January.

Putting the disc release together will require a round of bugfixes for both episode 6 and the last bonus episode. Episode 6 will be the bigger level of the two, so that will need more lead-up time than the bonus episode. Plus there's more polish, QA and certification to work on before a disc can be released.

Releasing an episode in December would probably work against these goals, with the holidays coming up right after.

Also, the shadow client is going to get away for now. Look at the Colorado cutscene - he's going to lay low while the ICA is distracted by Soders.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck yes, finally the classic sniper rifle, we'll finally have the suitcase for it.

Man, these season went pretty quick for me. I honestly can't wait for Season 2.

Foffy

Banned
Looks great, definitely reminiscent of past Japan levels. Seeing the WA2000 gives me hope for the briefcase. But this release date seems so early, weren't they saying it would be in December? I figured we'd get the third bonus episode and some elusives while we waited for the finale. But this might end up being out before the third bonus episode.

I don't know what to make of this. Are they pushing it out the door so they can get the full experience disc on store shelves by Christmas? Do they want to start work on Season 2 quicker? Is the publisher just wanting to be done with the game since it hasn't sold well?

You guys think the targets will be
Soders
and the Shadow Client? Or two non-related targets and some fuckery happens in the end cutscene? Do we know if there will be a playable epilogue?

It's Soders and a doctor. I believe it's just those.

Remember, this is to end on a cliffhanger. The Shadow Client surely lives on.

There's no elusive this weekend, right? I still haven't finished Colorado, need to finish that stuff up to unlock everything. I feel really behind, usually get most of a level done in the first few days.

Although probably they wouldn't put an ET in Colorado for a while since fewer people will own the level.

Unlike with Colorado (where the building shown in the concept art vanished completely from the finished level), for Hokkaido we can match up the concept art exactly:

What I want to know is what those little buildings are and where this is. A sniper vantage point overlooking the whole hospital?

There's no elusive this weekend, right? I still haven't finished Colorado, need to finish that stuff up to unlock everything. I feel really behind, usually get most of a level done in the first few days.

Elusive target in Marrakesh all next week!

Foffy

Banned

Although probably they wouldn't put an ET in Colorado for a while since fewer people will own the level.

There is an ET.

It's in Marrakesh, and it lasts a week.

A week might be the new norm for these.

So I guess pretty much all the locations from the E3 cinematic trailer have come into fruition(Hokkaido is the snow in the beginning and the end),apart from the actor/photographer, which seems a bit strange considering how much attention they put on him in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k

Wonder if he got cut or just moved into the next season.

zkorejo

I have a question regarding et. I have only downloaded intro, paris and sapienza. I have only completed intro missions and have yet to start Paris. So lets suppose if I wang to play et, what do I have to download?

Plus, if I havent completed the story in Marrakesh (assuming its one of the levels), can I still get into the ET?

I have a question regarding et. I have only downloaded intro, paris and sapienza. I have only completed intro missions and have yet to start Paris. So lets suppose if I wang to play et, what do I have to download?

Plus, if I havent completed the story in Marrakesh (assuming its one of the levels), can I still get into the ET?

You have to have the episode downloaded to play the ET on that particular map.

You don't have to complete the main mission to play the ET, but it helps to be familiar with the map.

Maiorum

A hospital setting affords a lot of possibilities for funny, elaborate kills. I hope they take full advantage of the setting and go out strong.

Foffy

Banned
When doing an ET, what are the restart rules?

You can restart and replan.

Complete any objective and the game "locks" you into the mission, meaning it must end with a success or failure. Restarting and replanning cannot be done once "locked" in by completing an objective.

I emphasize objective because this target may require a second condition other than the kill. We've had those before.

So I guess pretty much all the locations from the E3 cinematic trailer have come into fruition(Hokkaido is the snow in the beginning and the end),apart from the actor/photographer, which seems a bit strange considering how much attention they put on him in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k

Wonder if he got cut or just moved into the next season.

I imagine the photographer was an earlier concept for Jordan Cross.

- Issues with the ‘Let the Game Begin’ challenge unlocking have now been fixed.

Okay, I remember what this was about now.

This was briefly in the game when Colorado was released. Obviously an upcoming Halloween-themed challenge pack for Bangkok - and the bugfixes even leaked into the current patch notes.

If Hokkaido is coming out on Halloween, we'll probably be getting this challenge pack before that.

Foffy

Banned
Okay, I remember what this was about now.

This was briefly in the game when Colorado was released. Obviously an upcoming Halloween-themed challenge pack for Bangkok - and the bugfixes even leaked into the current patch notes.

If Hokkaido is coming out on Halloween, we'll probably be getting this challenge pack before that.

Man, when was this available?

Foffy

Banned
You basically had to be checking the other levels' challenges when Colorado was released. It was taken down shortly after.

And the other challenges were not up, so it was impossible to do this one.

Huh. Cool.

I still await the apparent
sniper pack
that has some data in the game. No idea if they're gonna finalize it or not, though.

Foffy

Banned
Do you guys think they should add new mechanics to season 2 or keep it all the same?

There is data for Season 2 in the game. I have no idea if that means content will carry over, but I believe that such a thing might as well happen.

There's no reason to re-unlock everything, especially the silverballer.

Top Bottom