• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

The thing about Colorado is that it's much more "wide" than "deep." We've had mostly deep levels until now, where doing one thing prevents you from doing about six other things at the same time (or at least makes it a much bigger hassle). In Colorado you can learn everything and do just about everything in a single run, so you can mentally master the level much faster to offset the difficulty.

Edit: In fact, not a week after release and the high-skill runs have already started showing up. Here's killing all four targets with accidents from the same rooftop (demonstrating the power of the Silverballer's accuracy mechanic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoxp5fOOAHs

We have not yet seen a "deep" level with Colorado's level of danger and risk, but maybe Japan will be that level.

Also, the Hitman Twitter was basically quiet all day long. Elusive target announcement coming?

TheKeyPit

Banned
It's the first time that the online requirement hit me. I was replaying Episode 5 when I got a message that sent me offline because of maintenance. Thought I'd play some Forza Horizon 3 instead. Console triggered an automatic OS update...

I just want to play.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Edit: In fact, not a week after release and the high-skill runs have already started showing up. Here's killing all four targets with accidents from the same rooftop (demonstrating the power of the Silverballer's accuracy mechanic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoxp5fOOAHs

Holy shit

It's the first time that the online requirement hit me. I was replaying Episode 5 when I got a message that sent me offline because of maintenance. Thought I'd play some Forza Horizon 3 instead. Console triggered an automatic OS update...

I just want to play.

Its so weird. It happened to me 2 or 3 times each in Paris and Sapienza and then from Marrakesh on it hasn't happened to me once, not even once I started using my parents terrible internet

Dalibor68

Banned
Just started playing Colorado for the first time, and my superficial first impression is that it looks big but without much quality content. Granted I only explored like half the map and only killed the mossad guy so far, but man I don't know.

Is there any trace of the young girl hacker from the cutscene in the stage itself? Do we know what a Herald is?

The militia's "inner circle" consisted of the shadow client, Sean Rose, the girl hacker, and an "accountant" (who I don't think we've seen yet). They basically operated out of the underground command center.

Heralds are Providence's agents - they do all the work, to protect the leadership from exposure. The guy who was shot in the World of Tomorrow cutscene was a Herald.
All the above is taken from overheard conversations in Colorado - all in and around the farmhouse, I think.

Furthermore, Zaydan was also talking to a Herald on the phone during A Gilded Cage - it was the Herald who really orchestrated the coup on Providence's behalf.

This is stupidly impressive. And if you showed it to someone who doesn't play the game they'd just wonder why not one ever saw him running around with reckless abandon lol.

Hey Guys

On PC here, how do I add friends to the game for Contracts?

Also if I publish a contract can my friends on PS4 search for it?

Cheers

It's been a few months since I got an episode. I have Paris and Sapienza and they were great.

Question 1: should I wait till January to get full game or would it be cheaper to keep episodic model?

Question 2: how would you rank the episodes so far (I may skip an episode and go to the best)??

The militia's "inner circle" consisted of the shadow client, Sean Rose, the girl hacker, and an "accountant" (who I don't think we've seen yet). They basically operated out of the underground command center.

Heralds are Providence's agents - they do all the work, to protect the leadership from exposure. The guy who was shot in the World of Tomorrow cutscene was a Herald.
All the above is taken from overheard conversations in Colorado - all in and around the farmhouse, I think.

Furthermore, Zaydan was also talking to a Herald on the phone during A Gilded Cage - it was the Herald who really orchestrated the coup on Providence's behalf.

This is excellent. Thank you!

It's been a few months since I got an episode. I have Paris and Sapienza and they were great.

Question 2: how would you rank the episodes so far (I may skip an episode and go to the best)??

I like them all but probably something like

1. Sapienza
2. Paris
3. Marrakesh
4. Colorado
5. Fake Russia
6. Bangkok
7. Fake Boat

But there's memorable moments in all of them.

Torben Ellert wrote an article for Gamasutra about designing the elusive targets: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/282601/Designing_the_Elusive_Targets_system_in_2016s_Hitman.php

That "bushwacker" tease at the end is definitely about an elusive target codename. This guy really likes dropping these hints on Twitter and elsewhere, even if there's no way for us to understand them until after the actual content comes out.

This article is fucking EXCELLENT. They've had messaging problems obviously, but Torben has been a fantastic spokesman for the development and design of the game.

Today's escalation is The Videl Cataclysm in Paris. A quick one, but with a new twist.

The required disguise may only be worn once and for no more than one minute.

Foffy

Banned
Torben Ellert wrote an article for Gamasutra about designing the elusive targets: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/282601/Designing_the_Elusive_Targets_system_in_2016s_Hitman.php

That "bushwacker" tease at the end is definitely about an elusive target codename. This guy really likes dropping these hints on Twitter and elsewhere, even if there's no way for us to understand them until after the actual content comes out.

Is the placeholder
The Silent Man? This is apparently a codename that is linked throughout various ETs, giving the possibility they have an interconnected subplot going on.

Is the placeholder
The Silent Man? This is apparently a codename that is linked throughout various ETs, giving the possibility they have an interconnected subplot going on.

All we know from the official livestreams is that
The Silent Man was a backup elusive target for #3, so presumably he would have had a proper character model.

And when I tried to look further into what they were talking about, I just found a bunch of incredibly vague and deliberately withheld datamined information.
I'm not even going to try to guess what they mean by The Silent Man being significant, especially when we have to rely on unreliable second-hand interpretation of the data.

Demoskinos

So, did they change how they track Silent Assassin? Just finished the new map. I had plenty of mistakes along the way but I kept reloading saves. Do you have to do everything in one fell swoop regardless of if you reload saves?

Cause before I'd reload saves after doing some trial and error and still come out with the desired results. Just finished up 90 minutes of figuring out how to navigate Colorado and never got spotted or had any bodies found yet the game thought I did. :(

Demoskinos

That's what I thought....unless I screwed up and didn't realize it. Also goddamn Suit Only SA is going to be a bit of a challenge.....

ev0

I had a problem where one of the targets I took down with poison didnt get bodybagged out and it seems the Ai didn't know what to do with this.
Randomly the one guard in that area would notice it and it would count as boy found. Sometimes it wouldn't.

I only discovered this after I had a run where I swore I got SA and I didn't. I reloaded an old save and walked around to see what was up and discovered that

Colorado is still a bit buggy in terms of getting spotted and bodies found. I had exactly the same thing happen on my first run, and I once got compromised by an unconscious body while dragging another body.

For now, shorter runs are the key.

That's what I thought....unless I screwed up and didn't realize it. Also goddamn Suit Only SA is going to be a bit of a challenge.....

It's easier than it looks. Crouching is your friend - there's low cover basically everywhere.

Also, no one cares now if you run loudly while trespassing. Make use of it.

Forkball

This guy is either the worst Hitman player ever or the best.

H2SAxmC.png

Dalibor68

Banned
I'm starting to really wonder how the episode model really pays off because if you go by the arguement of "being able to take players' feedback into account inbetween episodes" that doesn't really seem to work as in my opinion, but also in the opinion of many players, they have become progressively worse after Sapienza with each new episode.

Jintor

I mean just cos Sapienza is the best map doesn't mean the others aren't great. But more to the point I don't think the player feedback would result in massive changes to the map esign, which is probably set in stone earlier, so much as they would changes to escalations and incidental dialogue etc

Dalibor68

Banned
I mean just cos Sapienza is the best map doesn't mean the others aren't great. But more to the point I don't think the player feedback would result in massive changes to the map esign, which is probably set in stone earlier, so much as they would changes to escalations and incidental dialogue etc

Well are the changes to escalations and incidental dialogue worth the episodic structure? I don't have a problem with the structure itself, just maybe the wrong expectations as to how much of an influence on future episodes it could have.

And, just speaking for me, it has been on a downward slope since Sapienza, not just Sapienza putting them all in the shadow. Marrakesh was still big and diverse but not as good and the atmosphere wasn't quite there. Bangkok was just way too small/limited and now Colorado is simply not what I want from a hitman game(hostile only environment; at least not when there are only 6 missions total) and also there are only 6 opportunities for 4 targets.

Jintor

I actually found Colorado the least infuriating of the maps in regards to hostility since the moment you get a bad dude outfit you're basically good to go for the entire map. They're actually really generous with the lack of Supervisors in that map imho.

Dalibor68

Banned
I actually found Colorado the least infuriating of the maps in regards to hostility since the moment you get a bad dude outfit you're basically good to go for the entire map. They're actually really generous with the lack of Supervisors in that map imho.

True, but it still felt stupid to me how parts of the map were barred off based on your unit. Can't visit the demolitions area as Spec-Ops, really? etc I know it would be too easy otherwise, but it still felt off in terms of plausibility.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Slowly eking my way through the game (keep getting distracted by Dishonored). I'm going about it like the old games, SA-ing each mission once (with Challenges, Instinct & Indicators off, and no saving, Pro-style), then dipping back in to master each location in more detail.

On Sapienza at the moment. Tried the
flower
route out but couldn't do it without having a body discovered or killing someone. Then I came across all the
Poltergeist
stuff, which is a pretty damn cool approach. I need to do it all in one sweep and work out the rest of the objectives, of course, but this 'discovery'/'Ah ha!' phase is what I love about Hitman.

Overall, very impressed with the missions so far.

Bebpo

Banned

Yeah, the first time I played Colorado it was giving me MGS Ground Zeroes vibe. Felt like an MGS base infiltration mission. Then I knocked out a guy and remembered I can just put on his uniform and then it was a totally different game.

I haven't tried a suit only run on Colorado yet, but I gotta imagine that feels close to an MGS or Splinter Cell mission, which is cool.

Top Bottom