• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Stoze

Yeah, that one is now actually doable without random luck. This was changed some time in October.

Alright so I went back and played those escalations, they must've reverted this change lol. If you hack a laptop regardless of disguise, everyone in the vicinity will be suspicious of you during the entirety of it. So yeah, I'm still lost on how to do those parts consistently. It's extra annoying because sometimes I can't abort for whatever reason.

I bought Hitman on Steam a few days ago thanks to GAF and have spent my first 19 hours with it strictly in Prologue + Paris. I've gotten to level 20 in Paris and done a fair amount of challenges (and nearly 100th in score worldwide), and it's time to move on for now.

I was going to immerse myself in Sapienza, but I see that an elusive target is coming to Marrakesh. I figure that I'll move onto Marrakesh first, because we only have a limited time with the target. Will I lose anything by playing Marrakesh first before Sapienza?

MaKTaiL

Angel of Death elusive will be up in less than 20 minutes!

I bought Hitman on Steam a few days ago thanks to GAF and have spent my first 19 hours with it strictly in Prologue + Paris. I've gotten to level 20 in Paris and done a fair amount of challenges (and nearly 100th in score worldwide), and it's time to move on for now.

I was going to immerse myself in Sapienza, but I see that an elusive target is coming to Marrakesh. I figure that I'll move onto Marrakesh first, because we only have a limited time with the target. Will I lose anything by playing Marrakesh first before Sapienza?
You will be fine. The Elusive will be up for 1 week though so you still have plenty of time to play Sapienza first.

I'm just starting it now but wow.... this game is unreasonably good.

I have a lot of nostalgia for the old games, and this feels like a really great expansion of those. The episodic model is certainly great for ensuring quality, if nothing else. When all of the levels have to stand on their own, you can't really afford to have a bad one.

Having so much fun doing Paris over and over - the scale and depth of these levels is unlike anything they've done in the old games. You used to have like 3, maybe 4, ways to kill your target. Now it's like.... a dozen.

I'm doing the same exact thing.

Just bought it and only at Paris too.
I feel like it's a goddamn puzzle process, I usually spend hours just walking around, listening, trying new outfits, going to different places, looking for new ways to get rid of my target.

Do the same thing as you, always reload if something bad happens and try again from the start. That is untill I kill someone, then I save.

You will be fine. The Elusive will be up for 1 week though so you still have plenty of time to play Sapienza first.

Thanks. I thought it would be only for 48 hours because of a cursory search of past elusives. Didn't think to look at the news for the present one.

Got SA on the elusive, was probably the absolute most tense moment of the game so far for me, mainly because I was going for the SA rank and almost fucked up after having eliminated her (because you can't restart then).

Started in the school, used coins to distract the drainpipe guards, climbed up, ran over and shoved the target off the roof, hid in the crate to avoid the enforcer coming up the stairs. Bad idea because neither soldiers moved at all. So I had to wait til the enforcer moved his head to the left before getting out and praying to God that I wouldn't get caught. Lured him with a coin behind the wall, then threw a crowbar at his face (surprised the other guard didn't hear). Then I used a coin to distract and subdue the other guard, hid their bodies, took the officer disguise and made my escape.

vsMIC

i am actually a bit nervous to approach my first elusive target tonight... hopefully i will not fuck up. i never felt something like this outside of fighting game tourneys. really interesting event mode.

just jumped into the game last weekend (currently in marakesh). regret it already to not have played it episodically. damn good game, my goty.

I think the last four? have been for a whole week. They finally admitted that 48 or even 72 hours was a too small window.

That's great. My original post was clearly made from the perception of a 48-hour elusive, haha. Excellent timing with this one, too. Many new players because of the sales!

I'm doing the same exact thing.

Just bought it and only at Paris too.
I feel like it's a goddamn puzzle process, I usually spend hours just walking around, listening, trying new outfits, going to different places, looking for new ways to get rid of my target.

Do the same thing as you, always reload if something bad happens and try again from the start. That is untill I kill someone, then I save.
Your first Hitman? Yeah, that's what always made the series so cool and unique

Someone earlier in the thread said that stealth games are essentially puzzle games already, but I'd says that most aren't so blatantly puzzlers like Hitman is. Sure, in stealth games, you need to plan and devise your careful timing and cause-and-effect plans to distract and sneak by. But the goal is infiltration, avoiding conflict, ghosting. The direct gameplay is far more confrontational; it's you versus the guards

Hitman is literally a puzzle box with adventure game-style "need this item to do this and then make this happen" and a clockwork-like structure of AI, different NPC types, and disguises.

Hitman is literally a puzzle box with adventure game-style "need this item to do this and then make this happen" and a clockwork-like structure of AI, different NPC types, and disguises.

At the same time, it's a puzzle game with a very high skill ceiling. Knowing the solution and executing the solution are two different things, which is what makes the experience magical.

For example, I was just playing a puzzle contract by BernardoOne where you have to use a kill that normally could never happen. I found a completely different solution than the intended one, while he just cut his time in half by doing something differently.

All that is only possible because it's not a rigid puzzle box; it's a complex enough system that puzzles can emerge all by themselves.

Alright so I went back and played those escalations, they must've reverted this change lol. If you hack a laptop regardless of disguise, everyone in the vicinity will be suspicious of you during the entirety of it. So yeah, I'm still lost on how to do those parts consistently. It's extra annoying because sometimes I can't abort for whatever reason.

Well, that's disappointing.

I'll have to go back and once again reevaluate these.

i am actually a bit nervous to approach my first elusive target tonight... hopefully i will not fuck up. i never felt something like this outside of fighting game tourneys. really interesting event mode.

just jumped into the game last weekend (currently in marakesh). regret it already to not have played it episodically. damn good game, my goty.

Yeah. Take your time. You got 6 days. I just did a scouting run to see what she does on her route. Still thinking about ways to pull it off.

Got SA rating on the elusive with this method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpgZKbZgSeU

Both NPCs behind you will be facing the other way, so just make sure to holster the gun right after shooting and you should be good.

Do you have multiple accounts? I saw variations of your name twice on the leaderboards. lol.

Do you have multiple accounts? I saw variations of your name twice on the leaderboards. lol.

That's not me, it's someone elses video.

Edit: I actually did get on the leaderboards though, lol.

31376409505_7ee1f0142f_o.jpg

(I'm number 5)

Dilly

Banned
Love the game.

My only complaint is that the map is quite useless, no points of interest like in older games on the map. They are somewhat replaced by opportunities, but those spoil too much since using them makes all different assassination approaches too obvious.

Mupod

Favorite stupid NPC dialogue happened when I hit a sleeping character in the face with a coin.

"Act your age...what are you, 46? 48?"

GeeTeeCee

Silent Assassin achieved, and unlike The Chef, this SA actually unlocked my Terminus suit. Yay!

I have the worst luck with the targets. First run, the target will do something within a minute or so that would allow me a clean hit. So I reload the mission with this new knowledge in mind. On the second run the target will piss about for 15 minutes while I patiently wait for them to do the thing they did straight away the first time around.

For The Angel of Death, I
started on the lamp shop roof and subdued the two people up there, then waited for the target to pass below the café sign before shooting it down onto her

So I've been all about that Objectives fully on and Instinct mode on for the tutorials and first two levels, but I turned it off in Marrakesh. Feels good not having the crutches on to be honest. Really makes you use your own process of elimination and ideas, and Intel still works well.

Morocco is definitely not as cool as Sapienza, but I enjoy the hubbub of its streets. The unrest is pretty cool as an idea, though if I understand correctly, people wished you could do more with the crowd, correct?

MUnited83

For you.
Welp, fucked up the elusive :(. Wanted to be different and do a battle axe suit only run... all went well at first, killed her without issues... exiting was where I fucked up :(

Morocco is definitely not as cool as Sapienza, but I enjoy the hubbub of its streets. The unrest is pretty cool as an idea, though if I understand correctly, people wished you could do more with the crowd, correct?

Yeah, it really suggested some kind of opportunity that never surfaced.

Like, you can poison the protester with the microphone, but this serves no purpose. Zaydan is also plotting to have soldiers disguised as terrorists open fire on the crowd, but this is only ever mentioned in dialogue.

Murkas

Got the SA, chain explosion accident kill. Was a lot harder this time round due to all the innocents nearby, had to wait a while until she turned a corner and was slightly ahead of her entourage.

I did the elusive in a more long winded way than most it seems lol
Had no idea she started at the headmaster's roof, had to follow her all around the streets. Eventually created an oil spill near the hat shop from a parked up bike and when she came to look at the hats I hid on a nearby roof and shot the oil to cause her to explode.

SL128

I think they patched it; she wasn't leaning over for the perfect headshot when I tried.

Instead, I went to that same place, but shot the power outlet in the puddle, and then exploded a rubber ducky to its right. She came screaming down to evacuate from the explosion, and ran right into the puddle giving an easy SASO.

MUnited83

For you.
I think they patched it; she wasn't leaning over for the perfect headshot when I tried.

Instead, I went to that same place, but shot the power outlet in the puddle, and then exploded a rubber ducky to its right. She came screaming down to evacuate from the explosion, and ran right into the puddle giving an easy SASO.
Her behaviour is semi-random, so she will not always be leaning over at the beginning.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I did the elusive in a more long winded way than most it seems lol
Had no idea she started at the headmaster's roof, had to follow her all around the streets. Eventually created an oil spill near the hat shop from a parked up bike and when she came to look at the hats I hid on a nearby roof and shot the oil to cause her to explode.

I got my SASO in an even more long winded and boring way! :D

I started at the rooftop of the shop. Took down the guard and the embassy employee. Took down the shop owner downstairs. Waited for the ET to come near, lured one of her guards with a coin. Took him out and hid the body. Run to the back door of the VIP area. Waited for her and her guards to pass through and took the last one out cold. Hid the body and went back to the shop. Rinse and repeat until she was alone. Then I took her out with a headshot inside the shop.

I really wanted to get that Terminus suit after I completely blew my SA run in the previous ET at the very last second (got caught trespassing as I was activating the helicopter in Paris!), so I played it as safe as I could now. That winter suit, though... Yummy.

Is there no real way to actually poison stuff in Paris? All I can find is enemtic Rat poison which doesnt kill. And the syringe I take in prep work doesnt work with Food/drinks.

Is there no real way to actually poison stuff in Paris? All I can find is enemtic Rat poison which doesnt kill. And the syringe I take in prep work doesnt work with Food/drinks.

Lethal poison is very rare in all the levels, on purpose. Some levels don't have any.

In Paris, you can be given lethal poison in a particular event, but that's the only way to get it. You can also unlock your own lethal poison from Sapienza mastery.

Do you have to find the children's drawings while disguised as the headmaster for that challenge? If not, do you still have to find them before killing the target?

Yeah, it really suggested some kind of opportunity that never surfaced.

Like, you can poison the protester with the microphone, but this serves no purpose. Zaydan is also plotting to have soldiers disguised as terrorists open fire on the crowd, but this is only ever mentioned in dialogue.
Wait, you can't have the crowd storm the building or something like that? I felt certain that was something you could cause

Do you have to find the children's drawings while disguised as the headmaster for that challenge? If not, do you still have to find them before killing the target?

You don't have to be disguised as the headmaster. I'm not sure if you can do it after killing the target though. When I did that challenge I switched disguises to find the pictures and then switched back to the headmaster to kill him.

Moff

rat poison used to be the best poison until they changed poison kills to accident kills and the found bodies made SA still possible

SL128

You have to find them before killing him, but it doesn't matter which disguise you're in until you kill him.

Top Bottom