• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

HITMAN The Scorpio Directive Escalation Contract Speedrun 1:18 ( i have since cut the time down to 1:12 but wasn't recording at the time)

Also, some news from the last stream:

Marrakesh release date will be revealed next week
Sniper Briefcase is coming. Not implemented yet since they are having some issues with the game's physics.

New elusive target next Friday too, please be excited. I definitely am, Hitman has been a really great game so far.

I would say audio distraction might be drawing her as well as the waiter? Maybe throw a coin instead and see if she still shows up. But she's not even in the picture in Bernardo's video so my guess is he was REALLY fast and it's possible you are just 2-3 seconds slower even though it feels the same speed.

I can't even get to the first guy before he enters his building using this method. Can't shoot the damn blasting charge fast enough. So congrats on getting as far as you have!

He doesn't even use the audio thing though as far as I can tell. When I throw a coin, it works but some guy follows him around the corner then. I'm telling ya, I'm step for step with him as he dumps the first guys body in the dumpster. Then, mine and his ambient characters behave different. I know we are step for step because if not, I wouldn't catch the cook outside in time. He goes inside and then you're fucked because of the trip wire.

MUnited83

For you.
He doesn't even use the audio thing though as far as I can tell. When I throw a coin, it works but some guy follows him around the corner then. I'm telling ya, I'm step for step with him as he dumps the first guys body in the dumpster. Then, mine and his ambient characters behave different. I know we are step for step because if not, I wouldn't catch the cook outside in time. He goes inside and then you're fucked because of the trip wire.
I do use the audio thing, just not in the intended way so to speak :p. If you equipe the sound thing, it will automatically start "working" and you can lure people to where you are this way. That said, I was able to get the same time with a regular coin. Its a bit finnicy as sometimes it will attract the wrong guy, but after a couple of tries you can pinpoint the right spots to throw the coin at.

Regarding the woman, if I'm correct, in my game she is going up the stairs just as I reach the cook. Not sure why it works differently on yours. What's the platform you play on?

I do use the audio thing, just not in the intended way so to speak :p. If you equipe the sound thing, it will automatically start "working" and you can lure people to where you are this way. That said, I was able to get the same time with a regular coin. Its a bit finnicy as sometimes it will attract the wrong guy, but after a couple of tries you can pinpoint the right spots to throw the coin at.

Regarding the woman, if I'm correct, in my game she is going up the stairs just as I reach the cook. Not sure why it works differently on yours. What's the platform you play on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjTWR-ODrdw

I'm on PS4. I recorded one real quick just for comparison. Granted, I fucked this particular run up somehow and got noticed (by who?) , so -20,000 but the speed is there imo and I don't see an 8 second difference between you and I. I'll give you maybe 2 or 3. Not sure whats wrong. On this run, the woman (near the waiter) is fine. Seems different at times, not sure why.

Even just comparing mine vs anyone, take my 158,000 add 20,000 and it's nowhere near the leader at 200,587. I don't know how I could do this any faster save for like 2 seconds and that's not gonna give me an extra 22,000 points.
Didn't know that about the audio, thanks.

Bebpo

Banned
Having trouble getting an challenge to unlock in Sapienza. The memento challenge where you find the DNA hair sample in the safe and give it to the female target while disguised as a bodyguard.

First of all that's real difficult since she's surrounded by bodyguards that all recognize you, and then when I do create a moment with one looking I talk to her and 47 tells her about the hair sample and gives it to her...but the challenge doesn't unlock?

Also is something story-wise supposed to happen if you give her the hair sample? Or is that the end of that plotline? I wonder what would happen if you got the hair sample then took out the private detective and dressed as him for the meeting with her where she asks about the sample.

Having a lot of fun finishing up my Sapienza experience with going for all the various challenges. Really impressed by all the little stories and depth in Sapienza. My only complaint is taking out the virus is always boring at this point and just a time waster you have to do after taking out the two targets in fun ways.

ZeroX03

Banned
Having trouble getting an challenge to unlock in Sapienza. The memento challenge where you find the DNA hair sample in the safe and give it to the female target while disguised as a bodyguard.

First of all that's real difficult since she's surrounded by bodyguards that all recognize you, and then when I do create a moment with one looking I talk to her and 47 tells her about the hair sample and gives it to her...but the challenge doesn't unlock?

Also is something story-wise supposed to happen if you give her the hair sample? Or is that the end of that plotline? I wonder what would happen if you got the hair sample then took out the private detective and dressed as him for the meeting with her where she asks about the sample.

Having a lot of fun finishing up my Sapienza experience with going for all the various challenges. Really impressed by all the little stories and depth in Sapienza. My only complaint is taking out the virus is always boring at this point and just a time waster you have to do after taking out the two targets in fun ways.

There's disguises (the therapist comes to mind) that let you roam the mansion without guards alerting to you to give her the sample. After she gets the sample I think that triggers her smoking a joint you can poison.

Also is something story-wise supposed to happen if you give her the hair sample? Or is that the end of that plotline?

It causes
her to burn the sample in the fireplace. This gives you a very small opportunity to throw a propane tank down the shaft, but you'll miss it if you don't run straight to the attic after giving her the sample.

Bebpo

Banned
Neat. Yeah, this game continually blows me away in depth. It's basically a really great puzzle game for thinkers. Like in Sapienza I was all "hmm, I wonder how I can hit the female target with a cannon ball" and then I do the detective storyline one run and then next time I go "Hmm, I bet I can destroy the virus, activate the detective, run to the ruins and load the cannon, snipe the male target, cannon the female target and escape from the getaway point at the ruins" and then executing the concept is a ton of fun.

The whole game is thinking "what if?" and then trying to execute it. It's just fantastic. I've been recommending this highly to every person I know, even if they've never touched a Hitman game before. It's just such a cool innovative game that combines stealth, execution and brainpower.

The way I'm currently attacking the stages are:

-First 5 hours, don't look at the challenges/don't follow oppportunities, just explore and try to take out the targets, do the escalations and learn a few very specific areas in depth.
-Then look at the challenges and see stuff you didn't even think was possible and wonder how to get them, and then try to get them and start following the opportunities I've found so far and see where they lead and if they open up new possibilities (like above canonballing).
-Then after about 10-15 hours, I just youtube the remaining ways to kill that for the life of me I couldn't figure out. And then I try out various custom contracts on the stages for new challenges and play the new escalations each time they're added.

Very fun.

It really is. It's a very unique game. As I get older I find less stuff interests me but this game is my go-to (along w/Rocket League).

I play very similar to you and while there is no right way I feel like you really get your monies worth by pacing yourself and exploring and using your imagination before peeking at the challenges or on youtube. Only extra thing I do are speed runs which aren't really to be the fastest but because they spark my imagination further as I know there is an even more efficient route to take out the target.

I really need to give user contracts more of a look as I am likely missing out on some good ones. Hopefully this mode become searchable, rankable, and more customizable as the game progresses.

NIN90

This bug where persons that I subdue get killed is just fucking stupid. Restarting doesn't help either.

From what I can tell the bug's been in the game for about a month now and it's still not fixed.

Bebpo

Banned
This bug where persons that I subdue get killed is just fucking stupid. Restarting doesn't help either.

From what I can tell the bug's been in the game for about a month now and it's still not fixed.

Yeah, I think this is the reason so many people on youtube runs throw a hammer (well it's also a bit faster too). I'm doing this more often just to avoid accidently bug kills. Although on the main mission I just save often and reload if it happens.

But really, they need to fix this pronto.

The Sapienza update is the one that broke a lot of stuff, so I'm hoping the Marrakesh update fixes these outstanding issues, including the Hz issue on PC.

Yeah, I think this is the reason so many people on youtube runs throw a hammer (well it's also a bit faster too). I'm doing this more often just to avoid accidently bug kills. Although on the main mission I just save often and reload if it happens.

But really, they need to fix this pronto.

I'm partial to the wrench.

One good thing about the bug is it made me realize how OP throwing stuff is. It auto aims to target's head and you don't have to worry about angle being slightly off and accidentally punching someone.

On the other hand I do miss choking people out. It needs to be fixed but I agree probably have to wait for EP3.

What's the hz issue? Running on a 120hz display and haven't noticed any issues.

For me, it's because I play on a TV via HDMI and following the update the game thinks that my TV has a maximum of 24Hz, which makes the game 24fps with vsync on unless I do some workarounds.
I've read reports on Steam and Hitman forums regarding other weird Hz caps as well.

Bebpo

Banned
For me, it's because I play on a TV via HDMI and following the update the game thinks that my TV has a maximum of 24Hz, which makes the game 24fps with vsync on unless I do some workarounds.
I've read reports on Steam and Hitman forums regarding other weird Hz caps as well.

I have this problem too. Alt+Enter to window it at the start and then Alt+Enter again to fullscreen it seems to fix it for me.

I have this problem too. Alt+Enter to window it at the start and then Alt+Enter again to fullscreen it seems to fix it for me.

I wish it was that simple of a fix for me. My workaround is having a custom resolution of 1920x1079 lol. Actually I guess it is a simple fix.. but it's still stupid that I have to do this at all.
-crosses fingers for Marrakesh update fixing everything

I just climb onto the roof, then through the window where the safe code is. Get code. Back out window. Climb up the pipe right there onto the upper roof. Through the attic door. Quick silencer shot to both guards in the attic. Get in the safe. Take one of their outfits. Hide both bodies. Back out the same door. Back down to the lower roof. Back through the window where you got the code for the safe. Wait till there is 1 guard in room room with DiSantis. When you walk in, nobody should be alerted. Get near her and a dialogue button should pop up. Be careful because if you bump her instead she gets all psycho and that's that. If it still doesn't pop after that, you probably have some type of challenge glitch. I've had a few, they're annoying.

My only complaint is taking out the virus is always boring at this point and just a time waster you have to do after taking out the two targets in fun ways.

Also, I agree and I've combated this slightly by starting down there (if you have that unlocked) and getting the virus out of the way first. Makes it a little better for me.

Also, I agree and I've combated this slightly by starting down there (if you have that unlocked) and getting the virus out of the way first. Makes it a little better for me.

Can you do it that way once and create a save?

Even if there aren't many ways to complete it, I do like the virus section as it's the only part of the level that has any difficulty once you've learned the map and people's patterns.

The absolute fastest way is to shoot the virus container itself from outside the containment chamber. It seems that you need at least one of the silenced pistols with a longer range, since I can't do it with the Silverballer.

Plus there's no clear line of sight and escape route unless you do it from the vantage point on the higher level of the cave.

Bebpo

Banned
The absolute fastest way is to shoot the virus container itself from outside the containment chamber. It seems that you need at least one of the silenced pistols with a longer range, since I can't do it with the Silverballer.

Plus there's no clear line of sight and escape route unless you do it from the vantage point on the higher level of the cave.

Bullets go through walls?

Bebpo

Banned
Bullets go through glass. You can also use a sniper rifle to show that it definitely works.

I have also seen people shoot the virus from the entrance tunnel through the glass doors.

I tried using the new sniper rifle and from afar and it went through the glass and took out the virus in one hit. But it was loud and gave me away and not useful. The silenced sniper rifle otoh seemed to just keep hitting the glass until eventually after like 6 shots the virus was destroyed. I don't think if it was because I was missing the virus (was hard to see without a zoom scope), or if the first hits only struck the glass and eventually the hits went through the glass. Dunno. Both methods don't seem particularly useful. Might as well just start as the scientist, walk in sabotage it and walk out.

MUnited83

For you.
Bullets go through walls?

through glass. Specifically, the middle panel. If you shoot the other two and then the middle one, you will notice they have different sounds. The left and right one are bulletproof, the middle one is not. I'm actually surprised the game doesn't have any dialogue or intel about it.

Isabella Caruso is an NPC in the yacht tutorial level, and you can even overhear her talking about her sons while on the yacht. This is one of the audio clips that the Sapienza leaks video got its information from.

You can only check this for yourself in the Contracts Tutorial, since it's the only way to see NPC names on the yacht.

This game.

Isabella Caruso is an NPC in the yacht tutorial level, and you can even overhear her talking about her sons while on the yacht. This is one of the audio clips that the Sapienza leaks video got its information from.

You can only check this for yourself in the Contracts Tutorial, since it's the only way to see NPC names on the yacht.

This game.

That's crazy.

I just get this game two days ago, I'm loving it, made the firs 2 chapters only. Any suggestion for starters =p?

I had only one complain, is there something wrong with the sound in the game? or is it just that it doesn't like my tv? (it's a mid range Bravia for last year), because the bg music is so loud that it covers absolute everything else, it happens when the are is investigating, when I had been discovered, or even in normal mode when I enter a room with music or the radio/tv on.

I tried to download to the minimum from settings but I'm still getting the same effect, really annoying, specially when something happen in one side of the map, and I'm already in the other.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's threads posted, but to reiterate in here: Marrakesh is launching 31st May! Excited. I didn't think they'd make it in May but they proved me wrong.

26592995504_26e293828e_z.jpg

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/05/25/hitman-episode-3-marrakesh-launches-on-31st-may/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223668
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223670

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
kind of lame it's 2 targets yet again. Wanna see something like death on the Mississippi in blood money

Maybe have one or two main targets and some optional objectives. Things like the virus in Sapienza would better if you didn't have to do it but got a better score if you do destroy it.

Moff

I wonder what they are up to with the different settings of the existing episodes, like the nighttime sapienza.
as fantastic as that level is, I sure hope that won't be it's own episode

Top Bottom