• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Lima

-the story is weak. Not that the plot is very important in Hitman games, but here what happens in cutscenes have no relationship with what you play

This is why Hitman actually works so good as an episodic release. Each level is very self contained but the back story is interesting enough to want to see what happens next without it being a huge cliffhanger each time.

-very easy maps, they can all be completed in less than 10 minutes each, so if you play them just once, skipping challenges and achievements, you have 30 minutes of content so far (I'm excluding all contracts etc based on the fact you need to play the same level 300 times with variables).

I disagree heavily. You aren't going to complete either Paris or Sapienza in less than 10 minutes on your first try. Not even if you are a Hitman veteran. That is hyperbole.
Besides replaying the levels trying different assassinations etc. has always been a huge part of Hitman so I don't really see this as a point of discussion. You are not only going to play a level once.
If we really want to have this argument though it could be applied to any Hitman game ever released.

-buggy and unoptimized, each patch broke something, and plus IO is VERY slow to provide fixes. I still have all bugs I described in my posts, and that's a shame.
-online only "feature" which is basically a DRM, adding NOTHING at all to the gameplay: you can have contracts etc without needing to force network elements. If they really want, they could relate the online usage for elusive only, since that is the "true vision" behind a world of assassination.

These two are very valid points. The game very much feels early access despite them claiming otherwise and the online connection is bullshit especially when the servers are acting up.

Moff

Well, honestly there were 3 maps at launch, the fact is two of them were tutorial related, that's the problem.
I think it's the weakest Hitman so far, and this comes from a fan of the franchise who bought the new game because he couldn't wait for a price drop.

For now:

-the story is weak. Not that the plot is very important in Hitman games, but here what happens in cutscenes have no relationship with what you play
-very easy maps, they can all be completed in less than 10 minutes each, so if you play them just once, skipping challenges and achievements, you have 30 minutes of content so far (I'm excluding all contracts etc based on the fact you need to play the same level 300 times with variables).
-buggy and unoptimized, each patch broke something, and plus IO is VERY slow to provide fixes. I still have all bugs I described in my posts, and that's a shame.
-online only "feature" which is basically a DRM, adding NOTHING at all to the gameplay: you can have contracts etc without needing to force network elements. If they really want, they could relate the online usage for elusive only, since that is the "true vision" behind a world of assassination.
I agree with all of this, but I think it's the best hitman so far and I spent 25 hours with the first 2 episodes. I am also a fan since C:47. I wouldn't limit the content to 30 minutes, I am a veteran and it took me about 90 minutes on both paris and sapienza to get a silent assassin run, but the levels are definitely too easy because of the opportunities. that doesn't matter much for me because I like to do everything and have tons of fun with it, but for players who buy the full game and just finish each mission once it will be too easy and too short.

KingKong

I don't see how it can be the weakest hitman when its actually playable by normal human beings (unlike codename 47 and 2) and is just a refinement of the formula from contracts and blood money

NIN90

Finally started playing this. Is it advised to turn off opportunities? They seem to kinda defeat the purpose of these games.

for real, if you think this is the worst Hitman, please go and attempt to play the first game. It was damn near unplayable in 2000, it might be legally unplayable now.

I've sunk 43 hours into this game, but I can see why people who don't like replaying levels over and over again might be dissatisfied. All the same, it's really their fault for not waiting for the final release.

Demoskinos

I think some of y'all are nuts this is easily the best Hitman game. And please people complaining about a story. Hitman has always has a loose story at best that just gave you enough to give you justification as to why you were in a location or killing a target. Their actual attempt at a narrative with Absolution just resulted in most people rejecting that.

You can't just reject that and then complain about lack of story in this.

I also think this is easily the best written Hitman game yet. The flavor dialogue, the little stories that play out over the course of a level, it's all fantastic. The main storyline hasn't heated up yet, but we're two episodes in.

Finally started playing this. Is it advised to turn off opportunities? They seem to kinda defeat the purpose of these games.

I leave them on to get the initial notification and listen to the info from Diana. I don't track it though, so it never gives me the exact steps. I like to figure it all out on my own.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'll give the communication and slow fixes issues. But this is the best Hitman game, in spite of those issues. At one point, I was able to complete most Blood Money levels in less than 10 minutes. Does that make them easy? Hell no, the first time I completed them, took me 1 hour each to get silent assassin. The game is developed in way to reward you for searching for new ways to complete the task at hand. To say otherwise, I think is a disservice to the game and the devs.

vpance

You can turn off the hints but you can still perform them if you figure it out on your own.

It definitely makes for killing the targets a lot easier, but I don't think it hurts the core gameplay that much really. I think they might make later levels harder, without such easy opps.

I don't give a single shit about the story. I just want maps that immerse me into the game and this definitely does. Game looks great. There are tons of shit to do if you're a completionist. It does have some annoying bugs (I think most games do) but overall I love this game and can't get enough. I'm sad that I'm kind of out of things to do for now. I click this thread several times a day hoping for some news.

And if anyone plays this game and just fucks around with each map 2 or 3 times and moves on, you're doing it completely wrong.

ZeroX03

Banned
The world building in this game is fantastic. That trumps whatever overarching narrative they're attempting.

Opportunities are a nice easy mode. Good way to learn the maps and patterns. The quickest kills don't come from them anyway.

Opportunities are a nice easy mode. Good way to learn the maps and patterns. The quickest kills don't come from them anyway.

That's actually very clever design. The opportunities are safe, but slow - you almost always need to follow people around or wait for people to arrive.

You have to make your own windows of opportunity if you want to be fast as well as silent.

Lima

I would turn them to minimal. This way you still get the steps to track but it doesn't show you a waypoint where to go.

Roni

Gold Member

I can agree with the online DRM being absurd and the fact that the game is unstable depending on the settings you choose.

But the complaints about the story are rushed, we're only two episodes in. It's been mostly setup... We can already infer a lot from what little has been shown:

47 knows about his past and was looking for something when he joined the ICA. The ICA are being used as the dagger of a very shady figure who's well connected. That figure has a lot of dirt on the world's elite and prevented the creation of a virus capable of targeting individuals based on their genetic code. The villain is after something owned by an even more secret organization.

And going after the gameplay for being accessible is a trend that needs to stop. There are plenty of incentives in this game for you to limit yourself when dealing with the games objectives. So what if the game allows the player to shoot the first target the minute he enters the Paris party?

That's not only a risk move, but it's extremely unclean: something a seasoned Hitman player would never go for.

Using the lowest common denominator like that and going after the game because there are ways to complete it in a short amount of time is the reason we were stuck with linear games for most of the 2000's.

I'd rather have wholesome sandbox levels that could be cleared in 5 minutes (but could also be cleared in hours using other ingenious ways) rather than linear levels that offer a standardized experience to every player that engages with it. Non-interactive media already does that, thank you very much.

I enjoy playing a game and knowing that when I ask Jimmy at work about his playthrough he'll probably tell me of this insane way that completely passed me by when I played the level. Or that when I play it again, I'll probably be able to have a completely different experience.

This is the same kind of bullshit MGSV was accused of last year and has been a consistent argument for people who want us to regress to what games were a decade ago whenever they talk about a game that has decided to go for an open world design.

BlackJace

Saying that the maps are devoid of content is demonstrably false. They all encourage constant replayability from the breadth of challenges and escalations. I'm still finding little things that I completely missed on previous runs.

Also, the name of the game here is refinement. Each successive run should see players becoming a better hitman each time. Speaking from me, I'm pulling off the hits cleaner and quicker, and my trials with the various challenges has made me more naturally experimental in the ways in which I take targets out.

Refinement comes from running something a number of times, and that's what we're getting with HITMAN. It really does feel like I'm becoming a better agent instead of just beating a level.

Though IO can do better with patch speed and stability. Also, I feel like the communication with the community has been lacking.

sn00zer

If you do the main mission only, you can beat the whole game (and if other episodes will be indicative, let's say each episode is 10 minutes) in less than two hours, for 60€. Yeah, you can do challenges etc. playing for 10X that time, but honestly I dropped the challenges after I cleaned up Paris, for me it's just too boring going on a virtual checklist to be rewarded with nothing. I reach level 20, see all opportunities and moving on.

This is insane to me. I have replayed both levels only one time and I think I have about 4-5 hours logged in.The game allows for so much exploration that if you are rushing through and beating the levels in 10 minutes then that is your fault.

Its like devouring a steak dinner and saying it wasn't satisfying then demanding another for free all while yelling at the waiter that you can eat your steak in anyway you please and how dare they suggest you eat it like it was intended.

Ludens

Banned
Who the hell is completing Sapienza in ten minutes on a blind first try? Reducing all the content down to 30 minutes is absurd.

Well, actually is very easy if you follow the first opportunity you get in the church. Ok, maybe Sapienza isn't 10 minutes on your first try, but 30, anyway the amount of content is very small. An old Hitman level requires hours to be carefully planned and executed, here you can get SA by reloading saves in a bunch of minutes.

The 10 minute thing is an hyperbole, since I was referring to the fact when you know what to do, you can complete each level blindl. The first time requires much time, because you never played it, but since you can reload a save, there's ZERO challenge. The only challenge here, a puzzle-like challenge, is figuring out challenges listed in the game and how execute them, but even here if you follow opportunities usually they clean up some challenges.
Compared to other Hitman, this one is a joke for me. In older Hitman (even in Absolution) even if you know the level exactly, executing what you need to do required skill and there was always a chance of something going wrong. Here there's isn't such opportunity: when you figure out the fast way to clean a mission, really it requires some minutes with zero risk.

Regarding the replay value, as I wrote IO here just made visible a thing present in ALL Hitman games, the possibility to kill your targets in several ways.
And they build an entire game around it, with unlocks, challenges and achievements. But if in the past you have ZERO hints on what to do, and since the game required also skill to be completed, replaying levels was fun because you could actually get very good by your own, because the game was like "here, this is your target, kill him" at least on Pro difficulty, in Hitman 2016 you can do very very well on your first try simply by following opportunities. And if you return on a level, at least for me, is just for unlocks and to see, out of curiosity, a couple of interesting challenges.

The big problem I think is the game is actually too guided for now. It's not bad, be carefull, I like it.
But there are a lot of issues, like Sapienza being very similar to Paris (big level, two targets etc).
I would appreciate a major variation, like several smaller leves instead of having just a big one each time. Older Hitman proposed both huge levels and very small one.
I know you can turn the hud off etc, but you can't turn off the saving system, and if I screw, why should I restart the level if by reloading a save I can keep on going without a penality? This means the game lacks an alternate difficulty selection too, in my opinion, a Professional option would be appreciated, maybe with a couple of mandatory save in the middle of a mission like it happened for Hitman 2 in big levels.

This is the same kind of bullshit MGSV was accused of last year and has been a consistent argument for people who want us to regress to what games were a decade ago whenever they talk about a game that has decided to go for an open world design.

I liked MGSV a lot, and I think the "problem" is similar but different. Because yeah, in MGSV you can clean each mission in a different way, but...why should I play the mission again if I S ranked it? Often to S rank it you need to go with no kills, no alert and a very good time, so by taking S you got the best you could.
In Hitman is similar, but different: if in MGSV the replay value was an option, in Hitman is the rule, since the whole gameplay involve doing the same mission again and again, to unlock gadgets and achievements. A thing present in all Hitman, but again totally optional. Instead in 2016 the whole game is focused on this.

But this is just my opinion, I don't want force anyone to think like me. I'm just disappointed on how the game is turning on for now. The decision to have only six map (with a season 2 already planned) is horrible for me.

Jintor

Well, actually is very easy if you follow the first opportunity you get in the church. Ok, maybe Sapienza isn't 10 minutes on your first try, but 30, anyway the amount of content is very small. An old Hitman level requires hours to be carefully planned and executed, hre you can get SA by reloading saves in a bunch of minutes.

mostly because the game was on its own timers instead of you triggering events to occur, which meant you'd sit in a crowd doing nothing for a while waiting for a thing to tick to another thing.

i dunno if that was better or worse. it was certainly less convenient, but maybe that's truer to being a hitman.

The only challenge here, a puzzle-like challenge, is figuring out challenges listed in the game and how execute them, but even here if you follow opportunities usually they clean up some challenges.

The way I see it, yes, Hitman is a puzzle game before an action or a stealth game. And if you play a puzzle game, the most frustrating part is knowing what you have to do and not being able to do it.

So, yes, I think that was a conscious design decision to make the actual "hit" part effortless - so people can focus on figuring out what you have to do. I think developers made the call that this is the more fun part of the gameplay.

mostly because the game was on its own timers instead of you triggering events to occur, which meant you'd sit in a crowd doing nothing for a while waiting for a thing to tick to another thing.

i dunno if that was better or worse. it was certainly less convenient, but maybe that's truer to being a hitman.

I also don't think most people want to play a puzzle game where you know what you have to do but have to spend all your time waiting for it to happen.

Besides, the opportunities make you wait after you activate them. That's already built into the game as a tradeoff.

Well, actually is very easy if you follow the first opportunity you get in the church. Ok, maybe Sapienza isn't 10 minutes on your first try, but 30, anyway the amount of content is very small. An old Hitman level requires hours to be carefully planned and executed, here you can get SA by reloading saves in a bunch of minutes.
<snip>

I understand about wanting more levels / smaller levels for variation and how it could be frustrating when this game's MO is only about replaying / experimenting on huge maps.

But the save stuff / difficulty I just don't get. You have full control over how hard the game will be. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you have to do it. Turn off everything (opportunities, HUD, instinct, etc.) and don't re-load saves and the game is going to be plenty hard. It's going to take a really long time and a lot of planning to take out the targets, never mind get a SA / SO.

You can even take things further (escalations are a great example of this). Don't pacify anyone. Only use a specific weapon. Force yourself to use a harder escape route or start in a less than ideal spot. Difficulty level breeds creativity and creativity breads difficulty level. The two are intertwined and in this game you need to impose self control w/both.

Roni

Gold Member
I liked MGSV a lot, and I think the "problem" is similar but different. Because yeah, in MGSV you can clean each mission in a different way, but...why should I play the mission again if I S ranked it? Often to S rank it you need to go with no kills, no alert and a very good time, so by taking S you got the best you could.

I'm glad you put this question forward because I think this is THE point that needs to be clarified.

Why would you replay a level if you've already beat it with the highest possible score? Because you enjoy the gameplay and the fantasies it enables.

I get a kick out of roleplaying as an assassin infiltrating a high society fashion event and making sure key personnel die in mysterious circumstances. Because I love roleplaying as an operative acting behind enemy lines and having to rely on stealth and ingenuity to survive. Because I enjoy playing as the soldier who must navigate the terrain and locate the objective before moving on it.

These arguments that not just you, but many others bring forward have always led me to assume they're approaching the game with a focus on the narrative, assuming each and every level or challenge is simply there to act as an obligatory hindrance you must face and overcome before being afforded a little more of the narrative until you get to the ending of the tale.

That's certainly a valid approach, but settling for that and only that is holding gaming back from its full potential. There are people who love the experience of a certain game due to the right combination of gameplay and aesthetics, those people crave that experience and might want to live it again and again because it is extremely fun for them to immerse themselves in it

If the game whose experience they end up loving is linear, each and every replay will offer less and less value as the challenges are always the same. The events that transpire are always static and immutable, leading to quick diminishing returns. With a sandbox experience, the player who loves the game for its gameplay and experience can get much more out of each level before feeling like he's repeating himself over and over again.

Bottom line is this: I know there are people out there that can't enjoy a game unless overcoming its obstacles is designed to be deliberately difficult. Unless that's the case, this type of player will just double down on the easiest possible method and blame the game for not offering enough challenge. They're completely unable to traverse the flow curve on their own, finding the amount of difficulty that extracts the most amount of enjoyment out of the game.

However, their inability to enjoy that type of game doesn't mean the game's failing. It's working as intended for the audience it is targeting. Maybe more work in terms of tutorials is needed to get those players to attune to the game's proposal, but the gameplay isn't weak, repetitive or very easy at all and saying so is completely missing the point.

In Hitman is similar, but different: if in MGSV the replay value was an option, in Hitman is the rule, since the whole gameplay involve doing the same mission again and again, to unlock gadgets and achievements. A thing present in all Hitman, but again totally optional. Instead in 2016 the whole game is focused on this.

No, not really. The replay value is still an option in this new Hitman game. Unlocking achievements and more powerful gadgets is absolutely not necessary to enjoy the game. Putting the game down after completing all original stages and coming back whenever a new chapter is released and just focusing on the story is still a valid approach. Perhaps it's what you should be doing.

I do that with Telltale games because I don't enjoy their gameplay, but I'd never say Telltale games have bad, repetitive or very easy gameplay; it's a style which works for the audience they're targeting. I'm just the outlier in that equation because I love to play complex games and yet still enjoy the story they put out in their games.

Today we got yet another escalation that adds Body Remover when the target was already in a room with two body bins in the first place. Maybe we could move on from this complication unless we have The Shapiro Omen scenarios, where it was an outright puzzle to hide the body.

And I'm honestly not sure about No Pacifications when it's to challenge you to get a disguise without knocking people out. Either you get the disguise from a target or a predetermined location... or else you do something unpopular like The Perkins Disarray where you're forced to kill extra people.

Bebpo

Banned
Today we got yet another escalation that adds Body Remover when the target was already in a room with two body bins in the first place. Maybe we could move on from this complication unless we have The Shapiro Omen scenarios, where it was an outright puzzle to hide the body.

And I'm honestly not sure about No Pacifications when it's to challenge you to get a disguise without knocking people out. Either you get the disguise from a target or a predetermined location... or else you do something unpopular like The Perkins Disarray where you're forced to kill extra people.

Yeah I could do without those two. Although body remover combined with no pacifications was interesting in an area where I didn't know where to get an outfit in a couple and I couldn't just kill any random person for their outfit because there might not be a place to hide the body nearby.

The main escalation focus should just be killing people in specific outfits with specific weapons which with multiple targets easily creates complex challenging scenarios.

Otoh stuff like the sniper rifle escalation in Sapienza where you start in the ICA house with a sniper rifle, walk to the balcony headshot a guy, walk out the door and headshot the other guy, slide down the pipe and take the boat out is dumb because it's beyond simple and easy. I'd like more sniper headshot escalations but at least something challenging that requires you to get a sniper rifle snuck from one place to another.

Tbh, having only got the game a couple of weeks ago and now having gone through all the available escalations prior to todays, the Paris escalations are soooo much better than Sapienza escalations in terms of challenging puzzle stages. The only Sapienza one I liked of the first four was the priest one which getting done in under 3 mins when I'm so low level I have to start in the main plaza was super hard and exciting. Beat it with under 10 seconds to spare after a dozen tries.

It's also a shame because the Sapienza stage is so interesting and filled with so much depth and variety that there can be 20 or 30 unique really challenging and interesting escalations just within that level with targets in some of the other city areas or building interiors. Hopefully over time they'll add lots of really good Sapienza escalations or at least make a better way to search for custom contracts because at this point players are making better Sapienza missions than the main one. I did a challenging one that required me to take out the therapist guy at the start by the restaurant along with a couple of other unique NPCs and it was a blast.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, yeah today's escalation is pretty bad/lazy. The first target...c'mon, there's no fun in something that's not even a challenge in the slightest (ie. a guy all alone in a room with a hiding spot next to him that is easily accessible just by lockpicking a door or using a coin). The second target is a little better, the user made contract I was talking about previously where I had to take out the therapist also made me take out this guy so learning his opening was fun there and made it easy here.

Only the final stage is interesting/challenging because it requires you to find the disarm bombs room and how to get there.

But yeah, the escalations should be tough and take an hour or more to figure out how to get through all 5 levels. The fact is a lot of user contracts are way tougher than the escalations and that's lame. I'm fine with the elusive target being easy and the main mission targets being easy with a dozen ways to do the kills, but the escalations, especially on the higher levels should be very challenging and a handful of the ones in Paris are, but stuff like this is a joke and waste of a week's escalation.

Also kind of as aside, I tried playing with a mouse & keyboard for the first time tonight because I was too lazy to hook up my dualshock. Why are there a million different buttons to do the same "USE" command? wtf! Like escape in a vehicle is G, open door is E, drag body is B, pick up weapon is F; it's like super confusing at first attempt. I like playing on a controller better I think, although when I'm sniping I use a dualshock + mouse because fine aiming sucks on a controller and is super easy with a mouse.

Jintor

ET INBOUND

At some point on Friday 27th May during European hours, we’ll update the Elusive Target tile on the Featured Hub in-game and the contract will be live. Make sure you’re ready, because The Congressman will only be in Sapienza for 48 hours and there won’t be any second chances.

Moff

was hoping for a weekly ET but every other week is better than monthly. I hope I still can get the suit when I missed the first one.

Apparently only 53% of contracts on The Forger were successful.
Ci4k1wBUoAAyHvL.jpg:large
was hoping for a weekly ET but every other week is better than monthly. I hope I still can get the suit when I missed the first one.
Even though they specifically say "no second chances", I'm pretty confident in saying there will be second chances in the future. There's no way they recorded all that new dialogue for just 48 hours.

man i was so close to a silent assassin rating too. sigh

i don't like paris's security cameras at all

Way better than Sapienza's stationary cameras - in Paris you can at least wait for them to turn away. I still stumble into cameras in Sapienza all the time.

And I only just noticed recently - look at the floor. In Paris you can easily make out the green laser mesh that shows the camera's range.

Jintor

Oh? I'd always been watching the swinging.

The thing about Sapienza cameras is they're easy to delete. The one in the Paris basement I always stuff up the timing, plus there's a trigger before you walk in that makes that guy in the break room walk in if you hesitate too long...

Moff

Oh? I'd always been watching the swinging.

The thing about Sapienza cameras is they're easy to delete. The one in the Paris basement I always stuff up the timing, plus there's a trigger before you walk in that makes that guy in the break room walk in if you hesitate too long...

I think it's easier to delete in paris
just start in the basement as the waiter and you can shoot it immediately, never missed that one.

Bebpo

Banned
Apparently only 53% of contracts on The Forger were successful.

Even though they specifically say "no second chances", I'm pretty confident in saying there will be second chances in the future. There's no way they recorded all that new dialogue for just 48 hours.

53% is a good balance. I think the elusive targets, while kind of easy for people good at the game hit the right balance level to appeal to everyone.

Haven't bought this game yet but just can't support features locked down behind an online connection

I'm cool with elusive contracts being online only, but there is NO reason I can't have a separate offline file to level up, unlock gear, unlock insertion points, etc etc

Like without playing online you can't even get a sniper rifle

How is that a proper hitman game?

53% is a good balance. I think the elusive targets, while kind of easy for people good at the game hit the right balance level to appeal to everyone.

I think the numbers they posted are probably pretty representative of the game base for all levels (main targets, escalations, etc.) so they need to be careful to not make things too difficult, especially when they know their diehard / vets of the game do a fair amount of self imposed difficulty level by trying to SO / SA.

I saw a lot of complaints about yesterday's escalation but I bet for your average agent 47 it was pretty damn hard and at least half the people that tried couldn't complete it. And for those that crave more of a challenge try to do Level 5 in under 2 minutes without looking at Youtube first. It should take some time to figure out the how and then multiple tries to actually pull it off.

Can't wait to SA the Congressman (!)

Yeah, I'm expecting these to eventually go on rotation. Too much work has gone into these for them to be used as a one-off, and also any potential new players might be put off if content is now gone and unplayable.

Bebpo

Banned
I think the numbers they posted are probably pretty representative of the game base for all levels (main targets, escalations, etc.) so they need to be careful to not make things too difficult, especially when they know their diehard / vets of the game do a fair amount of self imposed difficulty level by trying to SO / SA.

I saw a lot of complaints about yesterday's escalation but I bet for your average agent 47 it was pretty damn hard and at least half the people that tried couldn't complete it. And for those that crave more of a challenge try to do Level 5 in under 2 minutes without looking at Youtube first. It should take some time to figure out the how and then multiple tries to actually pull it off.

Yeah, I think that's a bit extreme. I think even the worst player will be able to figure out how to walk into a no-security kitchen area, and kill the one guy all alone with his back facing you in the kitchen and dump his body in the dump spot right next to him. I guess the challenge could be in finding out ways to get the chef assistant outfit needed when you kill him. But anyone whose a few levels in can just start as a chef assistant and run over and do it. Also until the part where they add no pacifications, you can literally walk in to the chef assistant target's room, choke him out unconscious, steal his clothes, then shoot him in his own clothes for the kill and walk to the exit.

It's like the 2nd easiest no-brainer mission in the game after the sniper escalation.

Yeah, I think that's a bit extreme. I think even the worst player will be able to figure out how to walk into a no-security kitchen area, and kill the one guy all alone with his back facing you in the kitchen and dump his body in the dump spot right next to him. I guess the challenge could be in finding out ways to get the chef assistant outfit needed when you kill him. But anyone whose a few levels in can just start as a chef assistant and run over and do it. Also until the part where they add no pacifications, you can literally walk in to the chef assistant target's room, choke him out unconscious, steal his clothes, then shoot him in his own clothes for the kill and walk to the exit.

It's like the 2nd easiest no-brainer mission in the game after the sniper escalation.

But this is how the escalations are structured. They increase in difficulty and I think Level 5 is plenty challenging for the average player. You are likely not average and your idea of simple could be extremely difficult for others. But I could be dead wrong just going off the stats posted for the ET. Now that it all online they can actually give us stats like this and it will be interesting to see if they do!

NOTE: TIME BUG w/replays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiY9XzP6oIQ

Pretty big deal considering you need about 1:14 or less to get into 200k club and by re-starting the mission by going to menu screen instead of hitting replay you shave 10-12 seconds off of your actual time.

shoplifter

I really wish that I could go back and to the last ET as I was out of town for it. I get what they're trying to do but it's frustrating to essentially 'miss' content. I expect that eventually they'll put the ETs available 'full time' after they're initially released and they can do the stat summaries.

Deadstar

I keep everything on. Yes it tells you where to go, but it's still fun for me. If I want more of a challenge I turn off the indicator so it doesn't tell me where to go but I didn't find this as fun.

Top Bottom