• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trilogy HD |OT|

Codename 47 was somewhat remade with Contracts, which had a reimagining of a lot of the levels in it. It also aged insanely badly.

Trust me, Contracts is superior to C47 in most respects. The awful jungle missions were replaced by a couple of excellent new missions, and the remade levels are generally better, with the possible exception of Traditions of the Trade (the hotel mission).

1337Sauce

Wow, the collection has really impressed me so far, atleast by the way that it looks. The artbook and case combined in one booklet just looks so nice. Everything about the case just looks so good, and the artwork that they included looks really nice.

Definitely a pleasant surprise to find upon opening it, especially since I am a huge sucker for nice cases. It's nice to see this amount of work being put in to this, even if it is an HD collection. Hopefully the games are just as good. I bought Absolution on boxing day but haven't opened it yet since I knew this trilogy was coming out, so hopefully I can enjoy these games for what they are.

bndadm

Trust me, Contracts is superior to C47 in most respects. The awful jungle missions were replaced by a couple of excellent new missions, and the remade levels are generally better, with the possible exception of Traditions of the Trade (the hotel mission).

Does Contracts in that sense "soft reboot" the series? By that I mean does the entire story of C47 get represented in Contracts? I could never quite understand even when checking the Wiki browsing the web.

I'm very excited for this collection as I never played 2 or Contracts and am looking forward to tackling these.

Bit silly that they put an age gate in front of an unboxing.

I forgot to pre-order this though as I've been busy. If I go pick this up from gamestop later this week will it still have the artbook and special packaging? It's like the Last Story in that It's the only version right?

I'd like to buy this simply for HD Blood Money. Silent Assassin and Contracts are merely bonus material.

I'm the opposite, played enough Blood Money haha (...never completed it fully despite the hours amazingly - get hooked on replaying certain levels) but never really played the others.

The lack of accidents in the previous titles might disappoint me though. Is that all that BM really introduced?

Nemesis_

For anyone who cares, looks like the Australian version (I'm assuming PAL version for everywhere) doesn't include the art book.

On 360, it's two discs. First disc is Blood Money while the remainder are on the second disc.

ScOULaris

Yeah, I'm gonna have to bite and pick this up today. While the cover art leaves something to be desired, I'm a sucker for artbooks and unique packaging for my HD Collections. That and I am a longtime Hitman fan who never got to play Blood Money on any hardware other than PS2, so this will be a nice upgrade for me in that regard.

Anyone who only played Absolution absolutely needs to pick this collection up and see what real Hitman gameplay is all about. Shitman: Crapsolution was a smack in the face of Hitman fans, in my opinion.

Bit silly that they put an age gate in front of an unboxing.

I forgot to pre-order this though as I've been busy. If I go pick this up from gamestop later this week will it still have the artbook and special packaging? It's like the Last Story in that It's the only version right?

Yes only one version. I recommend calling a head though cause most stores only got for reserves and maybe one extra. Hope your able to get one though.

Joohanh

Playing absolution and then blood money is like playing Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and then playing the original Banjo-Kazooie.

Jesus, just no. Nuts & Bolts was vastly different to its predecessors, but it was still awesome and retained the old spirit in full.

Nemesis_

Does anyone know how Blood Money is? Is it just a straight up disc which includes the original version or has it been redone in some way?

Any ideas for a tag to go along with it in the title?

OOOiiii Yooooooooooooooou!

Contracts and blood money have such memorable levels. The English country mansion, the vineyard, the cruise boat, the suburb, the playboy party...

So many games this gen have completely forgettable locations imo but Hitman gives you a brilliantly realised pen in which to play and you can approach the same mission with vastly different methods. Great games.

It's really funny seeing a game that was released at the beginning of the generation in an HD collection.
To be fair, Blood Money was developed for the Xbox and PS2 and ported at the start of this generation.

Damn it, I want to play Contracts on PC without having to use my jank ass CD Rom version.

All I want is:
To be able to buy contracts and to have it in my steam collection
For the series to have proper controller support on the pc.
Steam achievements.

Is that too much to ask?

Akira_83

Banned
wish a quality company was handling this, Bluepoint does the most amazing HD collections

One question though, any impressions yet? and considering Blood Money DID release on 360 are they even touching it up at all or is it just the same as blood moneys initial release on 360?

thanks!

I just played through Blood Money this past week (my first Hitman game, and I loved it). How do Silent Assassin/Contracts hold up? Is this worth getting for those two games if I already have the 360 version of Blood Money? I've heard that's far and away the best one, and I have to say it absolutely lived up to the hype it's gotten on this board.

Maybe when it drops in price, as I'm really only interested in getting it for 2 of the 3 games.

ScOULaris

I just played through Blood Money this past week (my first Hitman game, and I loved it). How do Silent Assassin/Contracts hold up? Is this worth getting for those two games if I already have the 360 version of Blood Money? I've heard that's far and away the best one, and I have to say it absolutely lived up to the hype it's gotten on this board.

Maybe when it drops in price, as I'm really only interested in getting it for 2 of the 3 games.
I actually think that Hitman 2 is the best game in the series, so you should consider picking up this collection for that alone. It's dated and has some unforgiving AI, but it's the most complete package of all the Hitman games. Collecting weapons is a lot of fun, and the locations are exotic and interesting.

ScOULaris

Anyone know if these are ports of the PC versions? I hope so because I want there to be bullet wound decals when I shoot people in the face.

It's really funny seeing a game that was released at the beginning of the generation in an HD collection.

Not as egregious as the Tomb Raider collection though, that had Underworld, which was like early gen rather than a last gen port.

Can't wait to crack my preorder open on this one. Nowhere seemed to allow you to specify the artbook version though, so fingers crossed.

blood money IS THE SAME GAME it was 7 years ago-

unfortunately. wanted some different achievements, oh well

contracts made out like a bandit with some better textures as Hitman silent assasin IMO doesent really look that great-but it's nice to have all the Console Hitman games together

I don't really like 2. It's fairly tedious and the levels aren't as creative as ones you might see in Blood Money. I feel like Contracts is just a step below BM. There are a few stinkers(The Bjarkhov Bomb), but it also has some really fantastic levels that are up there with the best of 'em.

I'm considering my options. The price is great, but I can see myself being psychologically roped into reviewing this, and I don't know if I want to do one right now.

Top Bottom