• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trilogy HD |OT|

ScOULaris

Blood Money is actually a game I've beaten a couple of times, so maybe I'm biased, but I still feel it's probably the best one because you're encouraged to use "accidental" kills like poisoning and prop manipulation, which feel the most ironic, humourous and satisfying.
See, I've never personally found the accidental kills to be all that engaging. While the idea of getting out clean is cool, most of the accidental kills (other than pushing people down stairs or over railings) amount to little more than pressing X in two or three locations and then being told that your mission objective has been updated.

In all three games, my favorite way to dispatch a target is whipping out a silenced pistol and planting a bullet between their eyes before they even realize what is happening. It makes me feel like a badass, and I think the Hitman series captures that particular method of execution better than anyone else.

rhoq

Has anyone seen standard edition copies of this in stores? I really dislike the art book/case combination and I heard they were making some standard copies but I've only seen "limited edition" copies in North American unboxing videos so far.

From the way retailers have updated their listings, I'm under the impression that in the US, the entire first run is the limited edition DigiBook. You'll probably need to wait for the second pressing to get it in a standard XBox 360 or PS3 keep case.

Where do you get the goddamn keys to the car at the end of Amalthea in Silent Assassin?

Either off the don's brother (The guy in the office with the shotgun) or go around the house in the direction of the guard standing atop the mini staircase leading into the kitchen(delivery man goes there) and climb a ladder. Then find a tree with a flat top and fall on it, the key will be there if you don't want to kill anyone but the brother.

ScOULaris

How so?! Have they HD'ed the PS2 version or something?

No. This is definitely a port of either the PC version or the 360 version. I have no idea what that guy is talking about. It looks pretty much identical to the 360 version.

Man,Hitman 2 feels dated. Will take some getting used to no doubt.

The most dated thing about Hitman 2 is its controls. The unforgiving AI wouldn't be so bad if you could move around with some semblance of urgency. Walking/sneaking is simply too slow in Hitman 2, and that's coming from someone who adores that game.

No. This is definitely a port of either the PC version or the 360 version. I have no idea what that guy is talking about. It looks pretty much identical to the 360 version.

The most dated thing about Hitman 2 is its controls. The unforgiving AI wouldn't be so bad if you could move around with some semblance of urgency. Walking/sneaking is simply too slow in Hitman 2, and that's coming from someone who adores that game.

Yeah, was very surprised by how slow the movement feels. Is Contracts much better in this regard?

Took me a while to get used to the AI being so unforgiving also, didn't realise that simply being seen too close would result in getting shot at!

ScOULaris

Yeah, was very surprised by how slow the movement feels. Is Contracts much better in this regard?

Took me a while to get used to the AI being so unforgiving also, didn't realise that simply being seen too close would result in getting shot at!

The walk speed in Contracts is maybe a little bit faster, but the sneak speed is like three times faster than it is in Hitman 2. Blood Money nailed it, though. You have varying walk speeds, with the fastest one being quite brisk. Also, in Blood Money, guards don't flip out if they see you running.

The walk speed in Contracts is maybe a little bit faster, but the sneak speed is like three times faster than it is in Hitman 2. Blood Money nailed it, though. You have varying walk speeds, with the fastest one being quite brisk. Also, in Blood Money, guards don't flip out if they see you running.

Yeah, Blood Money had fantastic controls - getting used to these although it makes exploring a bit of a chore when you combine slow movement speed with guards who like shooting things that move faster than a snail.

I got silent assassin on Anathema, although I'm not sure if I'm supposed to? In my video you can clearly see me execute a guard early on, but it tells me at the end that i only killed/harmed one person :| haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVE2vECM-g8

ScOULaris

Alright, someone seriously needs to figure out if they changed the inputs for the old cheat codes or removed them completely. I'm on the Japan missions in SA, and I so desperately just want to skip them.

cj_iwakura

Whilst the artwork itself might look a little... off, it's still far superior to having three separate boxarts under an ugly 'Classics HD' banner. I wish everyone did something like this for their HD Collections.

I agree, and I like the artwork. Might let this be my entry point.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lulz, new release. Just grabbed the HD premium and Hitman Absolution for 47$ dolla at my best buy. Got them to price match amazon on Absolution, and had 10$ in reward zone shit. Pretty good deal, about right for the prices these games will be in a couple of months.

RustyO

I really hope that Blood Money's HDMI/60hz problem has been fixed for PAL regions.

^^ This so much. My copy of Blood Money is unplayable; I've never even managed to play it. I think a bunch of mucking around; or having to have different cables is required.

I think I'll be grabbing this if so.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The 60hz problem is still in the new Blood Money. I'm pretty sure its the exact same content just a new disc design :-\

You need the original AV leads to fix it.

RustyO

The 60hz problem is still in the new Blood Money. I'm pretty sure its the exact same content just a new disc design :-\

You need the original AV leads to fix it.

:/

That sucks. I think a friend may have the (xbox) leads I need; or else PS3

Really should be fixed though, no?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
:/

That sucks. I think a friend may have the (xbox) leads I need; or else PS3

Really should be fixed though, no?

Should be but it isn't sadly. :(

Not even sure why it happens. Only game I've had the problem with.

MG310

Fairly certain the "5 Silent Assassin Ratings on ____ difficulty" trophies/achievements on the original 360 version of Blood Money didn't stack but they do on the PS3 HD version. Guessing the difficulty ones do too.

ScOULaris

Has anyone figured out yet whether or not the cheats for SA and Contracts have been completely removed? None of them work, but I was hoping that maybe the inputs were changed.

Nemesis_

Has anyone figured out yet whether or not the cheats for SA and Contracts have been completely removed? None of them work, but I was hoping that maybe the inputs were changed.

removed.

Man some of these missions are cunts.

How am I even meant to get out of the place without being detected after killing the cult leader?

The one where you
dress up as doctor and kill him with a scalpel

It seems fucking impossible :(

I wish the movement speed was faster in Hitman 2.....

It's really tedious to explore, especially in a game like Hitman which relies on that. But of course if you dare move a bit quicker than a snail then BANG BANG.

I know I said the same thing earlier but it's really fucking annoying. Almost tempted to skip straight to Contracts.

Nemesis_

Mission 19 of Hitman 2.

Anyone know how to
kill that fucking clone. He always detects me, what am I doing wrong?

Also:

x8Vi5Me.png

The one time I finally decide to buy a game on the day of release and of course it drops in price 3 days later. So I sent amazon an email asking for a refund of the difference. Hopefully they'll give it to me because it seems stupid to have to send it back just to rebuy it.

Heads up to anyone that ordered the game from Amazon before the price drop. I called customer service about what happened (explained the game shipped the evening of its launch and before it arrived to my home it already dropped $15). The rep easily refunded me the $15. You shouldn't have any problems as long as Amazon still has the game for $24.99.

~Kinggi~

Banned
If you're going to order from Amazon, might want to do it soon. 360 version has already moved back to regular price.

Actually the whole listing that originally had for the product seems to have disappeared. There are two listings but titles differently, saying retail price is 50$ and they are from third party sellers.

Top Bottom